Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 pack ideas

Comments

• Options
    OccultmasterOccultmaster Posts: 125 Member
    rhalius wrote: »
    Despite having the most expansion packs, it does seem Sims 4 offers less actual gameplay than Sims 3 and 2, with 1 it's hard to tell because I have not played it in a long time but I do know it has many things Sims 4 has not.

You know what, I'd really like it if they'd add a new supernatural state to Sims 4 that has never been done before. It's yet to introduce a new one, each previous game added several.

Android could be an interesting one I think. A robot capable of wearing all sim clothing, which can be upgraded in some ways to become more life like. Could also be made in younger life states which they would forever be. They could require maintenance now and then to keep going but could live forever.
    Could look either totally human or be clearly made of metal, depending on how you customise them.
    Would be weak to water but could maybe get a perk that makes them waterproof.

Other option would be a Super Sim option, delving into super powers and coming with a new super hero and super villain career.

As for new Occults Options, I think Demons Like Succubi could work, so can Yokai like Kitsunes, Tengu and Oni as well as Greek Occults like Centaurs, Cyclops, Demigods and Gorgons like Medusa.
  • Options
    An Alien Game Pack?

I love Journey to Battu as much as everyone else [loving smile], but none of its content suits the pre-existing aliens.

A couple of ideas:

The aliens have only a few swatches of their alien outfits and then are left with human clothes. I know they have a disguise, so human clothes are a part of their gameplay, but clothes designed to look “other-worldly” or “gravity-defying” would allow so much creative freedom.
    There could be a few types of clothing, that have their own named styles. For example, a gothic, ethereal, long fabric, other-worldly style, with minimal colour (mostly black and grey) called Glargorian. Or another style with another name and other key attributes. It would add culture to the Sims aliens, WICH WOULD BE SO MUCH MORE FUN TO PLAY WITH!

The current aliens all look the same. I wish we had more options when it comes to how their eyes, ears, mouths, noses, or hands look. Maybe they come with an option for tentacles instead of hands, or a tube/hose-looking mouth. Maybe they don't have ears. They might have antennas or Shrek-looking dingalings.
    Maybe they don’t have eyes from their planet, or they don't have a nose, because their planet has no smell.

The idea of an alien world/planet with lots you can actually build on and create alien homes/shops/community centers would be a great way to entice people to buy the pack. (cough cough… JouRneY tO BatTu… cough cough).
    The world could consist of glowing fungi like trees and other bioluminescent alien plants. Maybe there are special fruits that affect regular sims in weird and funny ways. Ex: the green one gives them gas, the yellow one makes them have to pee immediately, or the blue one makes them turn blue and nap while floating in the air.
    Maybe the world has a unique colour to it, like a greyish purple, and some lots are on the coast of an alien ocean where the water is neon blue.
    Just ranting at this point lol.

It’s a large idea, and something I would never see coming but I’d pay 40 bucks for a pack like that.
    That would be great, it's good Idea to span Sims intergalatic side too, so far we only encountered the Sixam Aliens (Default Aliens from the series), Sixam Hybrids like the Calientes and the parasitic fruit Aliens of Strangerville, If I wanted to I could create an entire race of Monkey Aliens from Alpha Primus XIII (Thinking of combining Vikings, Romans and Samurai into their culture, I really want a Warrior theme for them) using just by using the Vampire pack alone as a fourth species, it wouldn't be the first time I made Monkey Sims (look at my forum pic of a very Specific and very Handsome Chinese God), I'm also not against the Idea of adding more Alien parts to CAS, I love that Idea, however we should post pics and give each created alien species a name, a planet and culture so EA can expand upon and add them in future Sims games.
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    It would honestly be cool if they made a science fiction spin off for the sims. I mean, with their access to both the Mass Effect AND star wars license and various other science fiction settings, they could make it all a big cross over even.

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Honestly, no Sims 4 content is worth the full price, I only get it at discounts and there's quite a few I would not even get if it was free.

For sims 3 that was only the Katy Perry stuff, and other than that I did want the packs but couldn't get all because the game is too poorly optimised. I didn't care to get pets either, I'm not an animal person. Would be the kind of pack I'd only get for free if it wouldn't slow down the game more.
    For sims 1 and 2 I had all expansions.

I did get horse ranch recently in a big discount combined with dine out and tiny living, the western style was nice to have and well horses is some new gameplay. Not enough for an expansion but well, they just seem to keep making expansions out of stuff that could be gamepacks at best.
    Heck, eco living could have been a stuff pack and is probably the epitome of an expansion no one wanted or asked for.

Actually Eco living was something people asked for, mostly what simmers wanted with the laundry day stuff pack was giving in eco living like the solar panel, the wind panel. I like eco living for the recycling, it helps with gardening, and making stuff. So I can see why it was an expansion pack. I played horse ranch for a lil bit and I was like...eh the world just felt bare.
  • Options
    MisfitbaeMisfitbae Posts: 7 New Member
    I would just love more active careers and trades. The ability to assign npc players careers as well.

childcare/ daycare/ babysitting (teens, elders, and adults)
    Maid
    Cosmetology- chose hair, nails, esthetician/makeup artist. New college courses. can build off hustling, charisma and entrepreneurship skills. Become famous. Have a good reputation or bad. Maybe you show up late or not that great at what you do. Gain clients lose clients.
    Principal
    Teacher/ professor
    Nursing separated from doctor
    - home health care, nursing assistant, lpn, RN, practitioner.
    Doctor you can pick a field to enter (add health problems that develop in game)
    - cardiology
    - neurology
    - psychology
  • Options
    I would love gym/ workout pack. Better gym equipment. Weights: dumbbell, deadlift. Active trainer career. Update: weight gain and lose system. Hobbies and sports. Dance classes, boxing classes etc stuff to fill up the sims day with and opportunities to meet like sims.
  • Options
    Pregnancy pack. Active doctor appointments. Find out gender. Add gender reveal party. Mommy and me classes.
    Become a midwife
    Planned Parenthood: Birth plans: home birth or hospital. Birth control options.
    Surrogacy.
    Sims family wishes: be able to define the want for children. Options: open to kids, don’t want kids right now, never want kids and let fate dictate.
  • Options
    edited January 2
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Honestly, no Sims 4 content is worth the full price, I only get it at discounts and there's quite a few I would not even get if it was free.

For sims 3 that was only the Katy Perry stuff, and other than that I did want the packs but couldn't get all because the game is too poorly optimised. I didn't care to get pets either, I'm not an animal person. Would be the kind of pack I'd only get for free if it wouldn't slow down the game more.

I did get horse ranch recently in a big discount combined with dine out and tiny living, the western style was nice to have and well horses is some new gameplay. Not enough for an expansion but well, they just seem to keep making expansions out of stuff that could be gamepacks at best.
    Heck, eco living could have been a stuff pack and is probably the epitome of an expansion no one wanted or asked for.

Actually Eco living was something people asked for, mostly what simmers wanted with the laundry day stuff pack was giving in eco living like the solar panel, the wind panel. I like eco living for the recycling, it helps with gardening, and making stuff. So I can see why it was an expansion pack. I played horse ranch for a lil bit and I was like...eh the world just felt bare.

I have to agree with Rhalius on this one, Laudry Day was a pointless waste of resources the Washing Machines are just decorations that add 0 gameplay, Laudry Day probably would've been a pack worth buying if the Clothes didn't automatically CLEAN themselves after every shower, Laudry Day should've been a free patch and Eco Lifestyle is a redundant pack, we already had an Eco themed pack called Island Living, there wasn't a need for a second one, everything in Eco Lifestyle could've been added to Island Living, I didn't ask for these packs and I don't want them in a Future Sims game, Sims 4 is the game where Mistake packs like these 2 should only exist.

EDIT: Sorry if I came off as Rude, Poorly Made Packs are just a touchy subject for me.
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    Eco stuff is just not enough content for a full expansion pack. Same with all expansions of the last few years. There's never much content compared to expansion packs of previous games.

It's more like something that could be part of a bigger pack and would not be the main event and could have been a stuff pack. A gamepack would already be too generous for just that I think.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »

I have to agree with Rhalius on this one, Laudry Day was a pointless waste of resources the Washing Machines are just decorations that add 0 gameplay, Laudry Day probably would've been a pack worth buying if the Clothes didn't automatically CLEAN themselves after every shower, Laudry Day should've been a free patch and Eco Lifestyle is a redundant pack, we already had an Eco themed pack called Island Living, there wasn't a need for a second one, everything in Eco Lifestyle could've been added to Island Living, I didn't ask for these packs and I don't want them in a Future Sims game, Sims 4 is the game where Mistake packs like these 2 should only exist.

EDIT: Sorry if I came off as Rude, Poorly Made Packs are just a touchy subject for me.

sorry but i have to disagree on that part the laundry day stuff pack and i am speaking as a player who bough that pack finds it very useful since it adds to the house if you build and play with the content from the pack
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Eco stuff is just not enough content for a full expansion pack. Same with all expansions of the last few years. There's never much content compared to expansion packs of previous games.

It's more like something that could be part of a bigger pack and would not be the main event and could have been a stuff pack. A gamepack would already be too generous for just that I think.

I have to disagree compared to HSY and HR Eco living had more and it don't feel like it's only attached to its own world we can change the nap rules anywhere, where as hsy we only have one highschool in that world and horse world I don't even want to talk it's just bare now those packs Im touchy with because...eh.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Packs I would love to be in Sims 4 are:
    Time Traveling to the Past & Future (Can live in both timelines)
    A Parody "Star Trek"(Hint Next Generation & Voyager)
    Outerworld (Full 12 lot Alien world with better Aliens)
    Fairies (Seasonal Pixies, Fairy Godparents, Dark Fae)
    Medieval (Dragons, Royalty, Peasants, Blacksmiths & Knights Career)
  • Options
    nattygirl13nattygirl13 Posts: 82 Member
    There are several new expansion/pack ideas I'd like to see implemented:

1. London expansion pack with double decker buses, underground subway (prefer functional over interactive shell), takeaway restaurants (instead of dine in), newspaper office workplace for writing careers, and new active vocational careers which would include the following: factory worker (functional cannery business), machine operator (functional sewing/clothes making business), carpenter (functional furniture making and upholstery business), and new hobbies such as pottery (with kiln) and welding.

2. Vocational boarding schools for teens that functional like a crossover of HSY and DU. I imagine it would work like this. When the child sim of an active household is about to age up, they receive a prompt to decide on what high school to attend: BG rabbit hole, HSY addon, or apply to boarding school. If the household has a teen sim, before they attend school, they also receive a prompt to select their high school. Boarding school applications would work like DU applications, only you'd be applying to vocational programs. Completing a vocational program would allow a career boost when joining new vocational careers. You can also attend a regular HS and still join the career, but without the boost. Once accepted into boarding school, the teen travels to a world similar to Britechester (only without the interactive shells) it would functional more like HSY. They get school holidays and can go home until the new term starts. They can also get kicked out of boarding school for failing classes, fighting, or cheating on exams and have to attend regular HS.

3. A function to add construct - able buildings to the game. I imagine it would work like this. In the owned business UI menu tab, there is a new option to construct a business (as well as new businesses and active workplaces to choose from). First you select the business/workplace you'd like to buy, then select and purchase an empty lot to build it on. Upon traveling to the lot, a construction site interactive shell spawns on the lot. Clicking on the interactive shell opens a picker menu asking you to select a lot to build from the gallery, library, or a CL style pre-fab building shell. Once you make a selection, the construction animation (similar to what happens when you place a lot from the gallery) plays and the new building is complete. You can then enter build mode to edit and customize the lot.

4. I also think current expansion packs should be updated to implement the following new features: new harvestables and crafting supplies that can be foraged from outdoor plants (now offering forage interactions). The new supplies could be used as optional ingredients on the woodworking bench and new harvestables could be used in new cooking recipes and new following arranging recipes. New sales tables that function like the CL street gallery, only you can sell any type of wall decoration/sculpture instead of just paintings. New street food themed appliances that are compatible with home chef sales table. More activities for waterfront worlds like Sulani and Tomarang such as volleyball and surfing. New activities for growing together recreation centers such as shuffleboard and air hockey tables. More medieval style and off the grid content to add upon get together and cottage living such as: forge style woodworking tables, portable beer casks for bartending, functional tractor to gather harvestables (in the event you want to create a massive farm), more candle holders and lanterns to work with eco living candles, medieval style performance stage and freelance career options for guitar and violin skills, update tomato and grape harvestables to grow on vines/trellis, and new features for photography skill such as: cameras that require film rolls, dark rooms for developing pictures, and options to sell prints in a gallery.
  • Options
    pooladdictpooladdict Posts: 1 New Member
    I'd love to see a pack exactly like bowling night except for pool/billiards/snooker (whatever your preference) night.
  • Options
    THEWALKINGDEAD2994THEWALKINGDEAD2994 Posts: 3 New Member
    I would really want to see drum set and stakebords and other new keyboard would be cool for like teens and kids to do and I want more stuff for kids and teens to do and things to put In there bedrooms

I would also like to see new gym Equipment because the Olds are getting pretty old
  • Options
    I also want to see new activities for teens to do after school like dance classes,scooter,basketball,basketball
    New school were lots of teens are there were there is drama and bullys and things going on at school
  • Options
    I also want to see new activities for teens to do after school like dance classes,scooter,basketball,baseball
    New school were lots of teens are there were there is drama and bullys and things going on at school
  • Options
    CageyDaveCageyDave Posts: 12 New Member
    We have the Goth kit but what about a rock band/music pack, where sims can form and name your band, buy better instruments and purchase amps with overdrive and/or upgrade them with a functional drum kit, design band clothing, perform and tour all the worlds maybe get famous with a recording contract, and able to play proper metal music, I can add rock in custom music folders but sims cannot play it, even with the electric guitars in sims now they still seem to play kinda not rock its very acoustic, I'd post this as a separate discussion but not able too as yet.
  • Options
    ThornwillowThornwillow Posts: 123 Member
    edited January 27
    🧚‍♀️Faeries: I'd love if we were able to creaye different fae folk types by CAS and Perks, something just like Vampires. I'd love some lore too like Werewolves. For the world it'd be perfect to be based on Iceland, a luxurious and mystical island, with snowy landscape, volcanoes, green flowery fields, forests, basalts columns, black sand beach, crystal-like icebergs on the sea, etc. + Underground fairy palace.

🏝Castaway: I just played the console version so i don't know much abou the pc one, but i miss it so much,like the the islands, the apes, boars, collecting to survive, the handcraft, the pirates and lost llama civilization secrets we need to discover... it was so magical to me.

👑Royalty: This would need to be placed on a French-like world, expand romance, and give us Ballet and fencing... It'd be the perfect place create love stories. Also... We could even have gargoyles as pets or work as one like in City Living.

🏜Desert Adventures: More Archeology, Mummies (and maybe zombies?), Cemeteries, Funerals, Necromancy skill, diverse bandages, FINALLY surgical scars, and maybe a Grim Reaper Career? I'd love a mortuary gameplay but i think it'd be too much for TS4.

🎶Bands: Singer/Dancer careers + iconic real singers outfits + Vegas world

🏛Mediterranean Adventures: Greek Islands + Archeology + MUSEUM GAMEPLAY + Cruise ship + Festivals (Ancient Olympic Games, Eleusinian Mysteries, etc.) + Mythological Monsters like the Minotaur occult from TS1. We could also have an gameplay of gaining gifts/curses traits, like the gorgon's curse, by pleasing/didpleasing the gods (via their statue/temple?) + Medusa's hair ad Cyclop's face mask that we can use with hair

🦸‍♀️Superheroes: Seoul, South Korea + Martial Arts + SuperHUMAN life state + Powers perk tree + Compatibility with Secret Agent and Detectives + Cops + Burglars NPC/Career + Ultrafuturistic tech (Human-like androids, Teleport/Flying devices, time machine, etc.)

🏖Caribbean Adventures: Well i didn't thougth enough about this yet but a Haitian world'd be great as there's people asking for a caribbean world, also the game started with voodoo lore for Willow Creek and some people like me want zombies (i'm imagining an eerie mangrove being the home for the evil zombification sorcerer living in that old concept voodoo house) this could bring them all together. Also that's an opportunity to have more Black-latino culture representation in the game and show a good side of Haiti that's not destruction or poverty. #BringbackMamboLoa
    Post edited by Thornwillow on
  • Options
    The1stRavenaangelThe1stRavenaangel Posts: 1 New Member
    I'd love to see a Japanese Culture themed pack with traditional architecture, traditional clothing (especially wedding attire), and possibly a whole new neighborhood based on Japan's landscapes. I've searched all the packs available to date and, surprisingly, could not find anything suitable.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd love to see a Japanese Culture themed pack with traditional architecture, traditional clothing (especially wedding attire), and possibly a whole new neighborhood based on Japan's landscapes. I've searched all the packs available to date and, surprisingly, could not find anything suitable.

Snowy Escape is set in Japan in a fictitious town called Mt. Komorebi. While it has skiing, it also has several other Japanese neighborhoods. One is modern and one is traditional. While they had influencers build the lots, you could always pull them down and build what you want to see.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options

Snowy Escape is set in Japan in a fictitious town called Mt. Komorebi. While it has skiing, it also has several other Japanese neighborhoods. One is modern and one is traditional. While they had influencers build the lots, you could always pull them down and build what you want to see.
    Yep, Snowy Escape is the Japanese pack, I wished the Devs didn't try to cause a controversy by removing the Shinto Shrines last minute, especially when it was showed that you could pray to them in the trailers.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member

Yep, Snowy Escape is the Japanese pack, I wished the Devs didn't try to cause a controversy by removing the Shinto Shrines last minute, especially when it was showed that you could pray to them in the trailers.

I would have liked them to be kept as well but they didn't really have a choice. I would have found it interesting but it had a different connotation in Korea because of the history. I'm generally a fan of more gameplay and options but that would have been a slippery slope ... quite literally.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Playzims23Playzims23 Posts: 1 New Member
    What about a religion pack? It doesnt have to be just christianity but all. I mean I know EA can't please everybody but my boyfriend opened my eyes as to how they can support the lgbtq and put trans and everything else like that in the game, but they didn't add a cross necklace. So I got thinking that what if they just added some stuff from most if not all religions? Its not a horrible idea, and if it upsets the lgbtq, well then thats on the lgbtq, not EA.
  • Options
    tigertank909tigertank909 Posts: 5 New Member
    a star wars expansion pack