Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Elevators in for rent

Does anyone know if theres speculation that we'll have elevators? I don't really want to build a four floor walk up :s
Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif

Comments

• Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I think if there were elevators, they would have shown them in the trailer in some way. I'm going to guess they're not included.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    I think I'll be adding fire escapes to buildings with 3 or 4 floors. Otherwise, the sims on the top floors will never get to school/work on time.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    My real-life daughter lives on the fourth floor in a four-floor walk-up. She gets a rent discount compared to lower floors. That should be a thing.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    I didn't even think of how long it would take them to get out of the building to get to work. I'm building a complex now and I'm affraid its way too big! It's on a 64x64 and I still have a lot of space for outdoor greenery! yikes
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    I didn't even think of how long it would take them to get out of the building to get to work. I'm building a complex now and I'm affraid its way too big! It's on a 64x64 and I still have a lot of space for outdoor greenery! yikes

They will need to teleport or leave early.
  • Options
    PhilSimsPhilSims Posts: 190 Member
    Does anyone know if theres speculation that we'll have elevators? I don't really want to build a four floor walk up :s

If they don't and you can (or want to) use mods - https://ravasheen.com/download/uplifting-elevators/
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    Elevators would be useful. I know of a few 3 or 4 story buildings without elevators and we can't build any higher. But most apartments with 2 or 3 floors have one.

The realm of magic portals might be useful as a short cut if you place one at the top floor and one at the edge of the lot. ;) but of course they don't fit into any style of building.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    PandoraTO wrote: »
    I think I'll be adding fire escapes to buildings with 3 or 4 floors. Otherwise, the sims on the top floors will never get to school/work on time.

I tend to use the Teleport option.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »

I live on the ground where nature intended. All I can think of is how awful moving in/out of a 4th floor walk up must be.

ihGdLlw.gif
    You could just get a dragon to fly your furniture up for you. Get the best of both worlds.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    My real-life daughter lives on the fourth floor in a four-floor walk-up. She gets a rent discount compared to lower floors. That should be a thing.

In my twenties, I once lived in a fifth floor walkup. That was about twenty years ago, and I think my body is still broken from that move-in.

I was in great shape the year that I lived there, though. But I did, in fact, have to plan extra time to get to work.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    And as another plus, she doesn't have to pay for a gym membership! :)
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »

I live on the ground where nature intended. All I can think of is how awful moving in/out of a 4th floor walk up must be.

ihGdLlw.gif
    You could just get a dragon to fly your furniture up for you. Get the best of both worlds.

She would have absolutely loved this! She has a collection of dragons :D

In reality, she hired movers.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member

Whoa I should have asked for that back in the day @luthienrising !

This discussion is taking me back to some of my TS2 university sims who would spend their whole class period walking across the dorm to leave for class!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I think if there were elevators, they would have shown them in the trailer in some way. I'm going to guess they're not included.

They may be saving that for the Livestream. Even if there are no new ones the City Living elevators will work.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »

They may be saving that for the Livestream. Even if there are no new ones the City Living elevators will work.

They don't work as elevators and you can only have one on the lot.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I'm planning to build an elderly housing apartment based on one locally irl. There are 3 floors, so definitely will need an elevator! If we don't get one, I can always make it a regular apartment building.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member

ihGdLlw.gif

That reminds me when my brother last year and his wife help me moved out of a college dorm .The stairs were four flights and well it was torture.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,609 Member
    I lived once in a 5 story walk up. I wish it on no one. I had a friend who lived in a 7 story walk up.
    I build a lot of housing complex when I first started playing but I was not shy to used mods. Ravasheen has elevators. https://ravasheen.com/download/uplifting-elevators/

Alternatively, I saw a streamer on twitch, Pugowned, who made an "elevator shoot" without cc. Not sure if she put it up on the gallery, but it was basically a small elevator size room, with debuged items. It looked like an official elevator, but once you get in you would go up with ladder. I dont know how that works with groceries, but it's nice so you can build more an more modern style building complex, if that's what you like.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    I'm building fake elevators (+stairs) on my lots because I doubt there will be working ones in game. If there are real working ones I'll add them when we get the pack, and when I play myself I'll likely add the modded ones, but I generally never share modded content. I do quite like the look of the ones I've made so far though.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I am 4th floor apartment and our elevator is usually not working so have to use stairs. Luckily I can still do that although coming up is a bit slow now. Thank goodness when i moved in it was working as I have a piano.

Old photos of big cities showing them having to physically hoist a piano up to those walkups/fire escape entrances are crazy scary. Good thing our sims wont have that problem. :-)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    I am 4th floor apartment and our elevator is usually not working so have to use stairs. Luckily I can still do that although coming up is a bit slow now. Thank goodness when i moved in it was working as I have a piano.

Old photos of big cities showing them having to physically hoist a piano up to those walkups/fire escape entrances are crazy scary. Good thing our sims wont have that problem. :-)

We once did that for my sister's sofa, but at least it was only to the 2nd floor! There's a reason Victorian sofas weren't as big as a lot of modern ones, it turns out. Don't fit up the stairs.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member

ihGdLlw.gif

LOL @ the friends gif

That was my bestie girlfriend and I when we were 18 years old and I was helping her move into her first apartment on the 3rd floor of a three-story walkup (cheaper rent). The two of us lugged everything up those dang tight-cornered back stairwells in her apartment building.... her hand-me-down granny couch weighed a ton because it had a foldout bed built inside of it. Needless to say, we treated ourselves to plenty of beer and pizza at the end of it all.

Good times. :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member

They use cranes now :)

move-pianos-anywhere-500x333.jpg
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member

Living on the fourth floor with a not working elevator? Ever seen the big bang theory?

I hope it gets fixed for you at some point. In the mean time remember : walking stairs is good to stay fit.