Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Annoying tips feature

Could we please get a way to turn on or off the new tips feature in options?
The new tips feature has become annoying.
Is there any way that you could make it so we could turn it of, please?
I keep getting the same tips popping up even if I click on the X. I just X'd out of one three times in a row. I have been playing this game for years so I don't need the tips. Please consider this.

Thank you.
PS. Sorry if this is on the wrong site. It's hard to tell sometimes.
Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.

Comments

• Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

I turned them off in the options and they don't show up

2023-10-31_13-37-53-437_ellanora-by-ellcrze-1024x576.jpg
    screenshot is from this guide from the Sims Community
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    At first when it popped up after I had updated my game, I thought okay, what's this? But I quickly discovered it was getting in the way of my gameplay. My celebrities had obligations and no time to sit and watch TV or read a book. What gives? I'm guessing this is a little helping hand for all the newbies who just joined the game. I will turn them off in Options, altogether. Thank you @Lenny_Ogg .
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Yeah I turned mine off right away too :)

I don't get it, we have a tutorial mode that automatically plays the first time you start the game.
    Then we have Lessons.
    Then we have Emily.
    Now we have Discovery Quests.
    Advice for newbies is great, but why so many different interfaces for it? Pretty soon they will need a tutorial on how to use all the tutorials :/
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member

I don't get it, we have a tutorial mode that automatically plays the first time you start the game.
    Then we have Lessons.
    Then we have Emily.
    Advice for newbies is great, but why so many different interfaces for it? Pretty soon they will need a tutorial on how to use all the tutorials :/

Your comment made me laugh! So true :D
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    @Lenny_Ogg Thank you for that picture. It looks like I didn't look hard enough to find the on off option for it. I'll turn it off in my game as soon as I go back in. I might turn it back on when I start a new save just to try it out, like I did with Emily, then turn it off again.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member

Then we have Lessons.
    Then we have Emily.

Don't give them ideas ;)

I know I am definitely not the target audience for this additional tutorial. Thank you for the off option.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited November 2023
    I wonder if there even ist any target audience for it. I guess about everything else they might have come up with as a new free feature would have been received way better.
    I mean they could even just have added another one of the much requested toggles in game options (for abductions, vampire break-ins or whatever).
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I wonder if there even ist any target audience for it. I guess about everything else they might have come up with as a new free feature would have been received way better.
    I mean they could even just have added another one of the much requested toggles in game options (for abductions, vampire break-ins or whatever).

I think it's just another way to get brand-new players into how the game works.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I think that many people feel like a “tutorial” sounds boring and just want to play. So the discovery quests help with the basics and promise rewards to incentivize newbies to use them.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    This would have been a great feature 9 years ago.
  • Options
    Arzekial wrote: »

For us? Sure. But there are still new-to-Sims players, lots of them.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Sure, but the game already has a tutorial. Just seems like they could have spent their time on more pressing issues like the ongoing gardening bug that's been there for years.
  • Options

Sure, but the game already has a tutorial. Just seems like they could have spent their time on more pressing issues like the ongoing gardening bug that's been there for years.

It's unlikely to be the same people fixing gardening and researching what new players aren't finding and new ways to help them find them, then developing those.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    @Arzekial There was a gardening bug fix in the last patch! (or two patches ago?)
    It didn't fix it for everyone in all situations, but it fixed a lot.
  • Options
    @Arzekial There was a gardening bug fix in the last patch! (or two patches ago?)
    It didn't fix it for everyone in all situations, but it fixed a lot.

It's been the same for me. They still randomly turn into dirt. Weird thing though, I can go into build mode, put those dirt clumps into the house inventory then move them back to the garden and they will be full plants again.