Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Burglers making a comeback?

Since the latest patch Oct 31 when I click on the ground to "go here" my sim has the option to "sneak" and an appropriate animated walk style.

Comments

• Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Ooooooh. Do you have a screenshot?
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
    edited November 2023
    Interesting, I never experienced a burglary before. I bought The Sims 4 in January of '21and The Sims 3 not long afterwards in March but I didn't enjoyed 3 as much as 4 and hadn't played it since November of '21. It'll still be nice to see it in action in The Sims 4...think about all of the chaos that it'll cause. 😈
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I don’t want burglars to make a comeback. They kind of freaked me out in the previous versions, lol. If they do come back, I hope that there’s an option to turn them off.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I'm not sure what you did to trigger it but I'm here to say that the option wasn't readily available to me in game.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Isn't that the option to sneak out that came with Highschool Years?
  • Options
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you did to trigger it but I'm here to say that the option wasn't readily available to me in game.

Maybe @kokoro80 had testing cheats on or something...idk 🤷
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I sure hope burglars don't return until we see the return of cars, I don't want police poofing off the lot burglars need to be put in the back of the car.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Isn't that the option to sneak out that came with Highschool Years?

Matter of fact, maybe you're right.
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I would love Burglars to come back the sims 4 need suspense gameplay like previous games the Burglars robbed you mostly at night, I would like the option how they showed the snooper breaking in while the person wasn't there like what if you get robbed at your home but you were on a community and a pop up says come quick your house has been robbed and you have to file a police report since we technically have police in game but I would like npc police to investigate. Also a possibility to get your stuff back or lose it forever.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I just recently made Burglar Twins. I gave them the creepy walk, Kleptomania Trait & dressed them like the classic Burglars. They are saved in the Gallery under my username SEREFRAS. >:):D:pB)
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

The For Rent Trailer on youtube shows a break-in/burglar. It starts 1:31.
    She spies out the house and then breaks in with a crowbar.
    I hope we can disable this ö.Ö' It is really scary for people who had to experience a burglary.
    And imo it's already annoying enough with the kleptomanic Sims and that stupid NAP -.-

52904cc2f9b352a2342bbc1f5d04cecd94e4f223.pnj
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    I don't mind burglars coming back, even though I've hated them in every sims-game I've played. But they were always easy to "turn off" with a the really good alarm. I would hope burglary came with real consequences though, like fines, or even jail.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    IF Burglars return, I hope they will be more like the ones we had in Sim2. There, our victims of such could fight back. They didn't need to be of a certain Trait to do so. How many of us if we catch somebody burglarizing our homes would just sit down and allow the thief to do their worst? The police were such a joke in Sims3, as well. You could call them, they might even arrive at your home, but most of the time they behaved more like the Keystone Cops. More often than not, they managed to let the criminal escape custody! That was frustrating. I simply don't need my game to reflect that portion of real life. 'Nuff said.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 134 Member
    Yes please and thank you
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I've always loved my sims fighting the Burglars in Sims 3.
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited November 2023
    If memory serves, burglars haven't been added to the game so far because the team didn't want to risk the feature scaring people (kids/teens mostly) since it's fairly well known it used to give people a good jump, especially the music. And even then, plenty of people look back on it fondly.

I've never agreed with keeping them out of the game. Previous titles had an alarm you could buy that disabled them (much more immersive than opening your menu and clicking an option) and with Strangerville, the Possessed emotion has jumpscared me (in a pleasant way) numerous times.

Still, if they returned, expect them to be toned down. Sparring, for example, in TS4 is less "violent" than in TS3.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    LJK wrote: »
    If memory serves, burglars haven't been added to the game so far because the team didn't want to risk the feature scaring people (kids/teens mostly) since it's fairly well known it used to give people a good jump, especially the music. And even then, plenty of people look back on it fondly.

I've never agreed with keeping them out of the game. Previous titles had an alarm you could buy that disabled them (much more immersive than opening your menu and clicking an option) and with Strangerville, the Possessed emotion has jumpscared me (in a pleasant way) numerous times.

Still, if they returned, expect them to be toned down. Sparring, for example, in TS4 is less "violent" than in TS3.

That was debunked years ago. They don't have them because they just haven't added them.
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    LJK wrote: »

That was debunked years ago. They don't have them because they just haven't added them.

Huh, so it is. Weird that spread around.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    The Sims team might think that the burglar is too old-fashioned for the current times, just like the newspaper delivery or the Vibromatic heart bed that they dismantled in the basement treasures update. Since The Sims 3 was set before The Sims 2, it made sense to have the burglar in that game.

But what if they created a nostalgic world for the sims, where they could use a lot of classic objects and features? Maybe they could have a satirical neighborhood with two kinds of burglars: one who is just an actor and one who is actually real. And they could also bring back the newspaper delivery and the circus from The Sims 1: Makin’ Magic. That would be fun, don’t you think?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

We've had burglars all along, from the Kleptomaniac trait and the Sharing is caring NAP. So if you wanted your items stolen, that was happening. What isn't happening, is the police coming to make arrests and I don't think that will happen with this new break in system also. It looks more like a burglary than the kleptomaniac stealing, but I don't think sims will be able to steal after they break in unless they have this kleptomaniac trait. The emphasis in the trailer was put on snooping and finding secrets for blackmailing not on stealing. So, I don't think burglars as we know them with the face mask and striped shirt followed by police are coming in this EP. Though, I wonder if we will be able to use the crowbar on any locked door, regardless of whether we are landlord or not.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    My guess is that they will not be a feature as we remember them, but that sims can break in (For Rent trailer) based on their trait (or other details/events). I find it amusing to be able to *play* a burglar (although we already have the Criminal career path where this should go), but I don't so much want burglars to arrive as a NPC when I play other households. The game has already so much going on that it is difficult to tend to normal activity, and if making videos from the game, I'd prefer full control of unexpected events - so, bring them if I can turn the off (occasionally). When recording from the game any popup will ruin the take, it gets harder and harder to film anything if you want the result to be semi professional.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited November 2023
    From the recent For Rent FAQ:
    Are Snooping Sims Burglars? Will Burglar music play?

The iconic Sim burglar experience intrudes our thoughts for another day. Snooping and secrets are subtly different, although can be combined with Kleptomanic Trait for some fun and interesting active gameplay.
    When the pack was announced, I thought the way they worded it in the blog was suspicious and didn't quite sound like burglars.

"for another day" suggest they could be looking into it. A good solution might be to use alarms as a toggle. If a burglar alarm is placed, only then will you experience possible burglaries. A cop would show up to attempt an arrest sort of like firefighters putting out fire without a vehicle. The burglars still have the chance of escaping as they did in previous games.

I don't need NAPs breaking my community lots by stealing required items, thank you. Has this ever been patched? Sounds like working as intended and that's enough for me to not use it.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    Ok so it turns out it was from a Lot51 mod that I had forgot I had in the game, it allowed teen sims to sneak out (utilizing some of the game-play mechanics from HSY pack)
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I personally think if we can have our Sims break in with this new pack then they can add Burglars like I said in my previous post here if our Sims can break in while the Sims are out and timed there's a chance a Burglars will break in when our Sims are out and less the chance if we lock the door, we can get notified be timed to catch the Burglars fight and call the police since we have a police gtw so the Burglars can get arrested. Since we already have criminal job like... It's all right there, there's no reason for not having Burglars in game at this point we see the sneaking walk from highschool years, we have a criminal career, we have police, we literally having our Sims breaking in and if they klepto the steal. Please Give us the Burglars this is beyond....hello!!! Lol!!!