Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Thai-inspired assets are you hoping for?

So there's been hints at pad thai, but what else are you hoping for?

Chicken Satay, roti, green curries, and anything in peanut sauce are food items I'd want.

I love the fishing shorts in the box art. I hope there some good hair, and skirts and sandals as well.

I'm also curious to see if any new building functions (aside from apartments) come. Horse Ranch brought painting ceilings, High School Years brought rounded walls. Snowy Escape brought platforms. Island Living brought ladders. I'm really curious if some Thai inspired new build features could be coming, though I don't think spiral stairs are super common in Thailand.

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'm hoping for spectacular temple architecture to get some new & interesting spirituality into the game.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I'd like potted orchids that sims can care for and harvestable mango trees. Maybe a rice cooker. And some big temple bells that sims can ring.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I'd like potted orchids that sims can care for and harvestable mango trees. Maybe a rice cooker. And some big temple bells that sims can ring.

Yessssss, mango trees... I definitely hope we get some new harvestables. There have been some real missed opportunities for those over the last few years.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

I'm so happy we get a Thailand inspired world I'm about to faint ^^'
    So we'll gladly take whatever they come up with 🎁
    Thailand really deserves it! It's such a beautiful country with creative, amazing and open people 💖
    For build mode surprise I'd vote/hope for: Spiral Stairs!
    I don't set my hopes high for any spiritual/religious stuff. They got a lot of hate for doing this with Snowy Escape and probably won't risk another hate storm. (I'm glad they don't put any religion/politics in the game.)

Oh I'm so going to build houses and scenes from my favourite Thai dramas 😻
    ji6C9OVPBg0ID6haZByhsnDean6.jpg
    I don't even care about the - for us - unnecesary maintheme (for rent). We already own all the houses anyway ;)
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am really hoping that one area of the world is green and lends itself to historical saves and of the grid saves. Don’t know if that is compatible with the theme of apartments so I try not to get too attached to the idea.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I hope the world has a beach. Maybe harvestable seaweed.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited October 2023
    So much beautiful build assets and antique furniture and such that it'd take forever to go through what i want for b/b I just hope its not like "all the pretty buildings are shells here have modern bleh build assets instead" that would be heartbreaking

I also hope we have some thai activities like boxing or dancing or traditional instruments or whatever that can be done indoors and outdoors (but mostly indoors activities cause my vampires are going to be so upset staying inside house whole day waiting for sundown)

ofcourse since they mentioned animals I would hope there is some gameplay animals there and its not just rabbithole bleh too

but it remains to be seen what the pack is actually about i guess

in the leaked picture it looks like kid is playing hopscotch so maybe those small kids play activities are on their way to the game?

aand yeah I'm just hoping the apartments/townhouses/ duplex whatever function nicely in every world every lot and such thats probably my main concern just being worried how its all gonna work
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    edited October 2023
    I’d like to see some birds and reptiles ( like lizards and snakes ) we can buy for inside our houses, hopefully tied into parenthood.

I’d like to see harvestable, mango’s like someone else mentioned would be great. Someone else mentioned a rice cooker, I’m always ready for more small appliances, maybe rice could be sold in the market and used as a prep ( tie in with the chef stuff pack we just got ) buying pasta would be nice too.

I always love to see new hair styles!

Beach lots would be wonderful. And speaking of water, I’d love to see some shanty type house boats sims could live in, or at least a new boat that could hold at least 2 people and being able to fish from. Speaking of fish, how about a pescatarian trait for our sims?

Someone mentioned hopscotch, I’d love to see more children’s activities,

I hope the animal sanctuary is somewhat in-depth. I hope we can possibly buy some stuffed animals or toys for infant through children to play with,

I’d love to see a new collection added.

A couple of things I would love added in it before any pack is a costume category, and a trait like simple living for clothing where you have to buy each piece.

I love the idea of being able to make townhouses, and apartments.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    It's nice having a second Asian World. And hopefully we will get an African World & Egyptian World someday. ;)
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Thailand has dragons in their mythology and culture. How about dragons?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    brizgalbrizgal Posts: 147 Member
    I’d like to see rice and tea as new crops and lots of tradition and ceremonies as well as some new scenarios to help with introducing the traditions, ceremonies and lore. I’m hoping that the animal sanctuary is interactive especially if there was the ability to stay onsite and waking up to seeing the animals through the windows. Hopefully, it has a gift shop to purchase special in-game items eg the elephant teapot. Of course most of this is just my dreams and whims… much like the wheat, corn and sugar crops and relevant milling/processing capabilities that seem like they should have been in the game long ago.
  • Options
    brizgalbrizgal Posts: 147 Member
    edited October 2023
    Maybe another crop could be bamboo, with some new crafting uses for it on the woodworking table and in the fabricator. Making a traditional kite and going out to fly it with children or in competitions.
    Add silkworms to the insects available in the world to collect and/or farm and then spin and make silk that could then be made into special traditional clothing.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited October 2023
    Speaking of mangos, having a mango tree (and maybe a rice plant?) would be a great opportunity to add a mango & sticky rice dish.

Another recipe I'd love to see would be laksa, which is one of my all-time favorite foods IRL. I know it's a Malaysian/Indonesian dish rather than Thai, but I figure this pack will be typical of other packs, in the sense that even if it's primarily inspired by Thailand, there will likely be some elements from other Southeast Asian countries.

I also like the idea of having some small animals added. It seems too much to hope that we would get large animals like elephants** or tigers or bearcats. But some snakes and lizards and birds would be great in an animal sanctuary, and if we could find them in the wild and take them home as pets like in TS3, so much the better. Trogons and kingfishers are pretty cool-looking birds. And the Siamese Fireback, which is the national bird of Thailand, would be a fabulous addition to the chicken coop; it's a pheasant, but close enough. Geckos, skinks, water dragons, various sea turtles (all the turtles!)... Granted, you're probably not going to want to take home a python or a cobra (though they could still have them in the sanctuary, but I'm sure there must be some tree and water snakes that are non-venomous. I do kind of suspect that the animal sanctuary will be a rabbithole, though perhaps one more like the werewolf tunnels with a 1980s-style text-based game.

**If SimGuruDoi has anything to do with this pack, I assume we'll get, like, half of an elephant statue, with the head and trunk missing, at the entrance to the animal sanctuary. And no actual elephants.

In terms of b/b, my fear is that we will get what we often get, which is beautiful designs and patterns, but mostly in weird glaring neon or pastel colors, or wood grains that don't match. So I'm hoping for some more subtle swatches. When I say "subtle," I don't mean "bland." I'm not looking for beige on beige, I just mean, give me some deep, rich, saturated colors, and jewel tones, not just Barbie Dreamhouse colors. (No disrespect to Barbie.)

This could also be an interesting opportunity to add a martial arts activity like Muay Thai, as a substitute for karate from TS3.
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    Jewel tone purple, like a royal purple instead of fuschia would-be divine.

Given how much work cows, horses, and llamas were, I doubt we'll get elephants. But I also don't want Sims in elephant suits. Just small animals in the sanctuary with elephant artwork is fine.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    edited October 2023
    Re the sanctuary, I wouldn't mind seeing some larger animals in the far off distance - if you are lucky seeing them at all. I don't need to pet or ride those elephants. I think the excitement of staring out in the wildness in the hope of seeing something, would be rather fun. We could hear the sound from an animal that is close, but that would be no guarantee for actually seeing it - just getting a bit more on alert. It could be elephants, tiger, large birds, even fantasy (*yesI'mlookingatyoudragon*). After a couple hours your ticket is no longer valid, so if you saw nothing but want to give it another try while your traveling company prefers the café, you could line up in that queue again... Maybe there could be feeding hours, or certain days/hours when the animals are more likely to be seen. Come on - bringing home a selfie with the elephant far back in the background would make your teen the star of the hood, right? What an unique memory and souvenir! It's all about the excitement, right?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I'm hoping for some Thai recipes that we can make,and I'm hoping we'll also get multi-purpose community lots(which should of been in the base game). Multi-purpose community lots would open up so much more gameplay.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited October 2023
    Harvestables and fish would be awesome. I can't remember the last pack to add new fish. Reskinned tea set. I'm sure CAS & BB will not disappoint with this theme.

I wouldn't mind more recipes but even with the recent small cooking menu overhaul, it's still a mess. :weary:
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited October 2023
    I’m hoping for matching living room, dining room and bedroom rattan furniture sets, a new counter/counter island/cabinet set, and harvestable like rice and tea.

And functional elevators.