Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What features do you want in an Outdoor Retreat Refresh?

Let's try to just focus on this GP for this thread, and brainstorm some concrete ideas we'd like to see.

I'd like
- hanging tarps
- hammocks
- wood cutting
- rock skipping on water
- a camp stove
- flashlights
- axe throwing

What are your ideas?

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,975 Member
    I’d rather see Get to Work refreshed first.

I like your ideas on a Granite Falls refresh, I might add log rolling to your list.

But the biggest thing I would like to see for Outdoir retreat is:
    1. Being able to visit Granite falls
    without having to vacation there. You can do visits to nation parks without having to spend the night in real life, and it would make granite falls more versatile.

2. They need to add swimming areas to Outdoor retreat. Basic swimming should have come in the base game.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited October 2023
    Bugs spawning outside of Granite Falls. It'd make worlds feel more alive and you could work on Herbalism without having to go on a vacation.

Speaking of Herbalism, it could go for an overhaul. Most potions are tied to moodlets or needs; it's much easier to take care of them on their own, than to forage/grow ingredients and make a potion. We have some potions that are only helpful if you're foraging specifically in Granite Falls, while working on Herbalism.

For Hebalism, I'd like to see more recipes that help in other areas of the game. Initiative Potion that dramatically boosts your work performance next time you go in to work. An anti-wrinkle cream that makes your sims a few days younger and temporarily removes wrinkles. A wrinkle cream to temporarily put wrinkles on sims, including children. Prank your friends with a potion that makes them experience bladder failure.

Swimming needs to return. Not all worlds have swimming spots, especially older worlds. This will help Granite Falls stand out, in a way that fits the pack theme.

And I know I write in thousands of unending paragraphs, buuuuuuuuut I also want animals in Granite Falls. Let's let our sims interact with raccoons, see ACTUAL bears, get sprayed by skunks, and pet deer. This would go a long way towards making the world feel more alive. Some of these could even spawn in other worlds, which would add immersion and some unique, unplanned events. Like imagine your sims go on a date in Newcrest, and they see a skunk at the corner of a lot. They could choose to avoid it, or risk getting sprayed and ruining their date.
    Post edited by Gordy on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited October 2023
    Hammocks both single and double.
    Kiacking
    River with Waterfall opened for swimming
    Ground Picnic Basket
    Bungee jumping
    Ax throwing
    Log rolling
    Boats added that more then one sim can use.

Also they should add a pool and a hottub to a lot and make it a pool lot.
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Bugs spawning outside of Granite Falls. It's make worlds feel more alive, and you could work on Herbalism without having to go on a vacation.

Speaking of Herbalism, it could go for an overhaul. Most potions are tied to moodlets or needs; it's much easier to take care of them on their own, than to forage/grow ingredients and make a potion. We have some potions that are only helpful if you're foraging specifically in Granite Falls, while working on Herbalism.

For Hebalism, I'd like to see more recipes that help in other areas of the game. Initiative Potion that dramatically boosts your work performance next time you go in to work. An anti-wrinkle cream that makes your sims a few days younger and temporarily removes wrinkles. A wrinkle cream to temporarily put wrinkles on sims, including children. Prank your friends with a potion that makes them experience bladder failure.

Swimming needs to return. Not all worlds have swimming spots, especially older worlds. This will help Granite Falls stand out, in a way that fits the pack theme.

And I know I write in thousands of unending paragraphs, buuuuuuuuut I also want animals in Granite Falls. Let's let our sims interact with raccoons, see ACTUAL bears, get sprayed by skunks, and pet deer. This would go a long way towards making the world feel more alive. Some of these could even spawn in other worlds, which would add immersion and some unique, unplanned events. Like imagine your sims go on a date in Newcrest, and they see a skunk at the corner of a lot. They could choose to avoid it, or risk getting sprayed and ruining their date.

Your animal and bug ideas are great. I now need to test what else foxes lot trait can do in granite falls.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Maybe they could add more children rides and games like see saws that adults can also use,hopscotch,trampolines etc. Campgrounds do occasionly have stuff for children.
  • Options
    ChungyChungy Posts: 36 Member
    RVs and Campers. Besides tents and cabins, those are pretty common at campgrounds, right? If cars end up becoming a thing in a base game update, they can definitely be drivable, too.

With Cats & Dogs, Cottage Living, and Horse Ranch, we're pretty much beyond using bear costumes in place of ACTUAL bears, right? If they want to make a 2015 GP get somewhere near the level of a present-day GP, real bears just have to lurk somewhere in Granite Falls, not Freddy Fazbear.

Also, please allow us to store food in those coolers. Plsnthanku
    Tune into Chungytoon on YouTube - a community for a variety of gaming and internet shenanigans including content from The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    I like your ideas. :) I do think the lake should be made swimmable if at all possible, and I'd love a few extra activities (playground stuff, ziplines and/or rope bridges, cutting wood and more woodcutting projects).

I don't know how feasible it is, but being able to visit (or even live in) that world could be nice, now that we can simply make rental lots, and making the bugs (maybe just the more common ones and at a lower rate?) spawn in other worlds could help the pack feel less isolated.

Two very important things to me that would largely be building on currently existing features would be to make group walks possible in that world (maybe adding some kind of geo-caching element or using a compass and various other items) and adding more herbalism recipes, some of which could be tied to other pack features. I'd love to see things like homemade sunscreen, recipes that make it easier to befriend animals, special fertilizer for plants, homemade medicine to cure illnesses from Get to Work and so on. I do like the idea of the anti-aging cream too. I'd like herbalism to be more useful when away from the Outdoor Retreat world.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited October 2023
    • Granite Falls made residential world (since vacations are not restricted to vacation worlds anymore)

• changes to the lake so sims can swim and do water activities there

• maybe a lake/open water activity to go if above is possible?

• I'd like if we could get bug markers for debug to make the bugs appear whichever world we like

• refresh to the camping theme through camper vans? glamping tents? or maybe the survivalist style camping where our sims could build their own shelters, hunt for food or whatever?

•snuggles while stargazing?
    • actual bears or other wildlife?
    • angry bear lot challenge?
    • hammocks mayhaps?
    • archery?
    • other camping/ woodsy activities like idk berry picking? find the bigfoot? yeah idk what people do in the woods i live in the woods so I fail to see what tourist would do here I kind of wish we had rock climbing or group walk in granite falls but since its SE thing hmm
    • log cabin indoors activities ? ts1 bear rug and so forth?
    • just more tents tbh I would love to have tent like the one in GF but functional like something simple and old world
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    I am absolutely loving these ideas and I hope someone from the Guru team sees them!
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    What I'd really love is being able to swim in deeper ponds made in Build Mode, imagine my disappointment when I tried making a swimming hole for my sim and they'd only play in the ankle deep but I couldn't get them to venture in further.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    gbaisdengbaisden Posts: 95 Member
    I love everyone's ideas! I never go there just because it's pretty boring and I hate having to take a vacation there. Just let us go there like Mount Komorebi. Honestly the older games need a refresh bad. Take a break from that $$ they're grabbing with the kits, etc and PLEASE give these older games a refresh. I was in cas and looking at the older clothing. It's bad lol.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The 2 things I want whenever I go to the Outdoor Retreat world is open swimmable water and a summer camp feature. I think they should add in features like group hiking and rock climbing if you own other packs that offer those features newer expansion should expand older packs.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,975 Member
    I like your ideas. :) I do think the lake should be made swimmable if at all possible, and I'd love a few extra activities (playground stuff, ziplines and/or rope bridges, cutting wood and more woodcutting projects).

I don't know how feasible it is, but being able to visit (or even live in) that world could be nice, now that we can simply make rental lots, and making the bugs (maybe just the more common ones and at a lower rate?) spawn in other worlds could help the pack feel less isolated.

Two very important things to me that would largely be building on currently existing features would be to make group walks possible in that world (maybe adding some kind of geo-caching element or using a fcompass and various other items) and adding more herbalism recipes, some of which could be tied to other pack features. I'd love to see things like homemade sunscreen, recipes that make it easier to befriend animals, special fertilizer for plants, homemade medicine to cure illnesses from Get to Work and so on. I do like the idea of the anti-aging cream too. I'd like herbalism to be more useful when away from the Outdoor Retreat world.

Love the idea of a zip line!
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I think the best thing they could do for an Outdoor Retreat refresh is to give us another world. Something with a very similar aesthetic but that includes swimmable water, biking and hiking trails. I understand that they can't update the current world to make the water swimmable but I can't understand why the pack couldn't just come with a second world.
    Adding additional things like hammocks, paddle boats, John boats, corn hole, etc would also be nice.
    Maybe some things that are part of the modern campground experience like pool elements, jumping pillows, fast casual food stands. A fishing update that allows sims to fish together,especially child and adult sims.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,609 Member
    Swimmable lake
    Sand area -play with sand
    Deer, real bears, eagles, more wildlife
    Potential attack from bears or they just steal food left out.
    Big Foot  Sasquatch sightings.
    Bird watching activities
    Being able to plant anywhere -even off lots
    Mountain climbing
    Rvs
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Granite Falls to become a Residential World
    New Tents
    Camping Activities
    Forest Animals
    Hiking Ability