May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't throw stuff away ?

Is anyone else having trouble with their Sims not being able to throw stuff away ?. They pick it up and put it right back down again

Comments

• Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Is the trash can available or kicked down?
  • Options
    CardinalsFan2012CardinalsFan2012 Posts: 62 Member
    Is the trash can available or kicked down?

No it's in the yard and nothing is around it
  • Options
    kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I usually delete the trash can and buy a new one if this happens
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    @CardinalsFan2012
    Do you have mods installed that are not updated yet after the patch?
    And is this still happening after starting the game new?
    I would also suggest place a few other trash cans at different places and look if they use these.
    If it still not works, check the EA Help Center 👉 here
    b594c12ed54cfc3664a01530fff48e77913c0003.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,987 Member
    There may be a dish or trash somewhere in the house they can't reach-- they queue up that plate or whatever, and then they have a routing failure and give up on the whole cleaning up task.

For dishes, check wall shelves and the tops of half walls, for some reason they made it so that sims can put things down there, but can't pick things up from there, idk
    For trash, check that a pile of trash from a repair or something hasn't generated somewhere inaccessible, like underneath a bathtub or dresser, or behind a wall
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited October 2023
    Also as the game always says, "you can pick up things like plates by clicking on them in live mode and drag them to a trash can to throw them away!" lol
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.