Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What type of horses and horse families do you have, and what are they like?

I enjoyed looking at the horse picture thread so much that it made me wonder what type of horses and families with horses other people had.

I absolutely love the Horses, and Chestnut Ridge so much I wanted to create several families with horses. The Horse Ranch pack has become one of my favorites! And, I have given a lot of thought to horses, and the families that should have them, and was wondering what others have done with the pack, the types of horses you made or adopted and the stories behind your families.

So far I have two families I gave horses to and a couple more I want to give horses to.

I created the first horse for Zayn. Zayn has a black Standard American stallion named Teardrop. Zayne was set up to move out of his roomies house into a nice apartment especially made for him in Evergreen Harbor, but, when he heard about Chestnut Ridge and thought about how much his cowboy self needed a horse companion, he decided to move to a lot in Chestnut Ridge instead. They live in the “green” part of Chestnut Ridge. Besides taking care of Teardrop, who is Brave, Intelligent, and a Free spirited, Zayn is a mid level tech guru, and he likes to dress western style, he plans to change his wardrobe as he has found a nice western town, with clothes to boot! They are just beginning to explore Chestnut Ridge, and are growing a relationship between themselves. Teardrop does barrel racing and Jumping. One nice thing I discovered about Teardrop being free spirited is that he doesn’t use his stall much unless I call him to eat in there, it means little to no mucking, giving Zayn more time to spend with Teardrop. Zayn has 3 stalls, and later plans to get a Mare and have foals to train and sell but that is awhile in the future, as he has hopes of creating a Champion with Teardrop.

Louis also had a Special Horse made for him And has decided to break from his other two roomie’s to move to his own home in Copperdale. His 2 roomies were getting ready to move to an apartment in San Myshuno, but Louis could not build his space ship in an apartment. So, Louis decided on the nice little pier and mining town of Copperdale. He procured a white Arabian Stallion with a blond mane and tail, named Albatross who is Intelligent, Independent, and Defiant. Louis has only been thrown a couple of times, but got quite embarrassed when he is thrown. He’s developing a nice relationship now with Albatross while still working hard as a mid level astronaut. Even though he is still working on upgrading his ship, he and Albatross have been doing a little exploring in Copperdale, San Sequoia, and even attended GeekCon in San Myshuno where Louis took his first trip into space. The cool thing about the lot they moved to in Copperdale is that everyday large white birds glide over their home, and it was just a coincidence that Louis’ stallion is named Albatross. Even though those birds are more likely seagulls that fly over his house, it lends a nice touch to their story. I don’t know if and when they will start attending shows, I know that barrel riding, and jumping will be a challenge to Albatross if Louis does try to later train him in those areas.

I have 2 other families with plans to get a horse or horses. One family is a farming family in Henford on Bagley, and another is a 4 person family who just moved from San Myshuno to the 40 by 50 lot in Chestnut Ridge. But more about them later when they get their desired horses.

What about you? Do you have any special families that you created horses for, or were able to adopt a special horse for? I’d love to hear about their stories, and where they found a perfect home to live. And, see pictures if you have them to share.

Comments

• Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited September 2023
    It took us a whole month to finally rescue the horses for the Boys. But it was worth it.
    The dramatic story starts 👉 here in the forum.

95af377b573cc76fd78171eaa37d3ecebc7fa737.jpg

They even got their own spin-off 👉 here at tumblr.
    bf27f4dd5f7e8e5f32a9665d23dc818b6e27681e.pnj
    Their breeds:
    Tyalindo is a Barb, Kiri a Nokota, Diablo a Friesian, Valerian a Clydesdale, Yang Mal an Andalusian and Lunatic a Galineers Cob.

This is their stable. More screenshots 👉 here at the forum.
    99b5d276c4bd3cb654cb9802f656ffab524b1c0a.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    @Lenny_Ogg Thanks for sharing your links to stories with pictures. Seeing the old truck, and tires and things is really making me want cars for the sims 4. And thanks for showing the horse breeds. The Galineers Cob, looks like it would be a good horse for my farmer.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Yup, I got quite a few now. My households with horses are:
    1. Vampire Couple with their Vamp horses
    2. Prairiecree Peasant with Brownie horse
    3. The Last Unicorn (this speaks for itself)
    4. Fraser Farm Ranch (based on a combination of Dr.Quinn Medicine Woman & Outlander)
    5. Seasonal Fairy & her Pegasus Unicorn
    6. Barbie & her Sisters with Pinky & Lavander horses
    7. Country Western Singers with their horses

These households & their homes are all saved in the Gallery under my username SEREFRAS. Hopefully some simmers can see them. Please let me know if anyone can & if you like them. :)

I'm now currently working on my Zorro Couple household. I'm about to make their Hacienda then I'll get them horses names Torado & Chico. I will save them in the Gallery when I'm done. ;)
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Yup, I got quite a few now. My households with horses are:
    1. Vampire Couple with their Vamp horses
    2. Prairiecree Peasant with Brownie horse
    3. The Last Unicorn (this speaks for itself)
    4. Fraser Farm Ranch (based on a combination of Dr.Quinn Medicine Woman & Outlander)
    5. Seasonal Fairy & her Pegasus Unicorn
    6. Barbie & her Sisters with Pinky & Lavander horses
    7. Country Western Singers with their horses

These households & their homes are all saved in the Gallery under my username SEREFRAS. Hopefully some simmers can see them. Please let me know if anyone can & if you like them. :)

I'm now currently working on my Zorro Couple household. I'm about to make their Hacienda then I'll get them horses names Torado & Chico. I will save them in the Gallery when I'm done. ;)

I will certainly take a look at them when I get back into the game. I have a friend visiting till the 1st of October. It looks like you have quite a few families with horses already! Your family that is based on a combination of Dr.Quin and Outlander sounds interesting to me.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Summer Holiday and her husband Malcolm Landgraab moved into the area. She just bought a horse, Clover, and is training her. Malcolm is learning nectar making.

I just bought the pack on sale today!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,676 Member
    I added horses to way too many households, lol. A few houses where it feels wrong for the sims living there having a horse, sometimes got an empty stable (used to park their bicycles?) to indicate that the former owner had a horse :)

I put together an overview showing (me) what horse breeds would be more likely in certain worlds, based on real life and climate etc, although I learned these borders are no longer as true as before. You can see the overview here.

I also keep an online household index here, and horses are naturally included as household members (click their icon to see what breed they are) :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg