Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Solved - What is the purpose of this furniture from the Horse Ranch pack?

Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
518ddea78dabed9178c0b97596359d53a87b17b7.jpg

What is the purpose of this furniture from the Horse Ranch pack?
It can be found under -> Surfaces -> Displays

But what is it supposed to display?
The only objects from the pack that fit in are the lamp (which is too dangerous for my liking ö.ö'),
the stackable plates (which looks stupid and they'd get dusty ^^')
and a bottle of wine (which is also a bit off).
None of the other objects of the pack fit into the compartments.

From the shape of the compartments I first thought it's for the bottle racks, which would have been nice, but they are too big -.-
d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
Post edited by Lenny_Ogg on

Comments

• Options
    jolly1995jolly1995 Posts: 27 Member
    What about the trophy from championship horse competition? Just an idea
  • Options
    @jolly1995 I hadn't thought of them so I tried but they are also too big
    45e37a0348bee5b4db70fa2d7ced9e719b1f1fd3.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,525 Member
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    @jolly1995 I hadn't thought of them so I tried but they are also too big
    45e37a0348bee5b4db70fa2d7ced9e719b1f1fd3.jpg

I think that piece would have looked lovely if they made it with just one of those sections, maybe a bit wider but not by much. Would have made a lovely plant holder to display a vase with flowers or some other decorative item. In real life, I think that space would be suitable to store magazines or books or maybe even baking trays. Maybe something from base game fits there.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,121 Member
    edited August 2023
    to me its giving entryway table

if it was reality I imagine it would be used to store riding/rain boots and some keys gloves whatever going outdoors junk

but strangely i also love putting stereos in hallways and entry areas so i might try if it slots stereo and then probably be upset it doesn't
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,258 Member
    I actually like the lantern there. With the display placed in the entryway as @Simmingal suggested. Imagine a stormy night, no power, and you need to get to the barn and check on the horses. Grab the lantern and go. Well you won't actually be able to grab the lantern but you get the point. 😄
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,714 Member
    Don't have the pack yet, but I was thinking milkpail when I saw that table. Obviously not an item we get with HR, and the one I got might be cc rather than with CoL. A churn would also loo nice - if we had one, LOL.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I have used it for my barn and placed seed containers from Cottage Living on it. They fit on the top and bottom. I have one in a basement with the small keg on it, for my nectar making area. I also use it for a lantern like @simgirl1010 does, especially in the barn or hallways with my off-the-grid homes. I rather like it!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,258 Member
    Don't have the pack yet, but I was thinking milkpail when I saw that table. Obviously not an item we get with HR, and the one I got might be cc rather than with CoL. A churn would also loo nice - if we had one, LOL.

@Simmerville now that you have the pack you can test out your milk pail. 🙂

@maggiemae8135 great ideas. 👍🏼
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,035 Member
    I placed the item in one of my barns without too much thought. I might change its purpose when my sims have something worth displaying. 😄
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113217&authkey=%21AP1ZV7kxiAP1OVE&width=1920&height=1080
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,714 Member
    edited August 2023

@Simmerville now that you have the pack you can test out your milk pail. 🙂

@maggiemae8135 great ideas. 👍🏼

My milk pail was too big to get into the lower rooms of that furniture. A watering can suits perfectly LOL :) Might be cc, but at least there are deco watering cans in the game, too. And those two spaces are perfect for "The Endurn" urn (basegame, deco misc §290) in case one needs a temporary storage a bit out of the way ;) The small toy cars (Growing Together) might look the best, though... but useful, not so sure...

Added: Might work, but one occupies both rooms...:
    manure.jpg
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Yeah, all of the small children's toys fit perfectly in the lower sections, so it is good for their bedrooms and play rooms.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I have also put some of the gardening pots clutter from the greenhouse pack on the table I put in a gardening shed. They fit both upper and lower shelves.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    lol I can't believe I didn't think of the easiest solution:
    392cfdfe34d2cb32af93d5365f8aa466ab3e6ee6.pnj
    So it's apparently for boots. Sadly we don't have any deco cowboy boots to put in -.-
    (Just the shoes from Dream Home Decorator that come with two pairs of more 'lower' shoes)

I used some of the Batuu objects for the Wine cellar instead
    a353fae7789f95b6c30e63a805f8207491866c4f.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    The high compartments can be divided when you place a shelf.
    = more space for cheese ^^'

7fe988f4094a0e4b8cc8222c5c43f8d4b2a5113a.jpg