Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a mod that will ensure every sim has at least 3 traits (or 2 if younger)?

JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
edited July 2023 in General Mods Discussion
In the recent update pass, I turned off all my mods when troubleshooting and then made the mistake of saving my game when I had none of my trait mods installed.

I've got Chingyu and Kiarasims trait mods, among some others - so that's several hundred traits zapped out. When I hit save, every sim in my save that used one of the missing traits lost that trait.

Most of my 300 or so sims are now down to 0,1, or 2 traits... I've been editing the non-townies one by one and giving them new traits, then just deleting all the townies.

But it got me thinking... why don't I have a mod that just gives every sim in my game traits if they are lacking them? This might even more useful than me doing it by hand because when I do it by hand I tend to self-select in or out various traits that I like or don't like - but if something did it for me like original townie creation does, my sims would be more varied and less like a clone army. ;)

Does such a mod exist?

Obviously I should not have hit save while testing things. But I did, and I didn't realize it for a few days of gameplay, and didn't have a 'before I did that' backup... oops.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:

Comments

• Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I don't think I've seen such a mod but I also haven't looked for one. I'm sure if it's possible, someone has created something.

It's a bit tedious but couldn't you just randomize the traits in CAS? Or am I misunderstanding exactly what you're asking?
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    I'm bumping this as I've yet to find a solution.

What happens is when sims are made they get assigned traits from whatever mods I have and/or the EA ones.

Over the last 2 years a LOT of mod authors have fallen by the way side on keeping their tuning up to date so my usual gameplay started to involve my game freezing up every few minutes with an exception warning because yet another trait was having a 'tuning error'...

So I've started deleting a LOT of trait mods. Now I keep finding sims who have no traits.

Sure, I could start my save all over again. And in fact I've done that a few times. I also regularly cull out any townie that hasn't become a part of my "story" for played sims (as in: I don't recognize this townie, so they get deleted).

But I still keep finding sims, even played sims, who are missing traits.

So I'd love to have a mod that just went through my save like MCCC does 'weekly' and if it found a sim with less than it's age's proper number of traits - randomly added them. Doing that manually as I find them is just tedious. I'm actually surprised it's not one of the things I can set to have MCCC's cleaner options do for me.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it: