Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to play nonstop w/o game pausing itself

I think it was only in The Sims and Sims2 that you could play nonstop without the game pausing for a 'message'. I've read some on 4 have been doing that and I was wondering if they had a mod for that or is it in a setting I have somehow missed?

I'm not talking about the notifications in top right. Its the ones that pop up; on screen and don't leave.
"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
ZO6GpFg.jpg

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,979 Member
    I have killed a sim so many times in sims2 because of forgetting game on.

I have done it in 4 too, but not more than couple of times because of those constant popups.

Most likely mods, I would love to know too if it is somewhere in settings.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    By pop-ups, I assume you mean the Likes/Dislikes pop-up asking if your sim likes a certain activity or conversation topic?

There is a mod by Lotharihoe called Atuomatic Preferences but it only decides the activities, decor, and clothing styles. I've used it for a while now and I love it. I just wish they would update it for the Conversation Topics and Sim Characteristics as well.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,190 Member
    Thanks @SweetieWright_84 I was hoping not a mod as I play vanilla. Guess I don't get to torture my sims the old fashioned way. LOL

In the first Sims someone built a huge mansion and moved in 8 different sims then left them basically to their own devices. It was actually quite funny in a strange Sim way.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Thanks @SweetieWright_84 I was hoping not a mod as I play vanilla. Guess I don't get to torture my sims the old fashioned way. LOL

In the first Sims someone built a huge mansion and moved in 8 different sims then left them basically to their own devices. It was actually quite funny in a strange Sim way.

You're welcome. The pop-ups are annoying. I wish it automatically chose them based on your sims' mood at the time, which is what the mod I mentioned above does. I just wish it was an official thing instead of a mod.

I never liked the Opportunities pop-up in TS3 and I usually played with them off. If only TS4 had more toggles.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel