Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone know if mini goats and lambs can use doggie doors?

SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
I was just wondering if anyone knows if mini goats and mini sheep are going to be able to use doggie doors from cats and dogs. I wanted to make a little shed for one.

Comments

• Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Doubt, not even the chickens can use it
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I hope so, toddlers can use it.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Chickens already do have a house though. I guess I will see soon!

• Options
    SweetBexiSweetBexi Posts: 147 Member
    How did I not know we had doggie doors 😳 I must check that out tomorrow!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member

In RL I doubt a bird is strong enough to open any door by pushing it open like dogs, cats (and even toddlers) are. But as I don't own RL chicken I might be wrong :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

In RL I doubt a bird is strong enough to open any door by pushing it open like dogs, cats (and even toddlers) are. But as I don't own RL chicken I might be wrong :)
    A light weight one could work for them, a heavy one would hurt them.
    Don’t these doors open by themselves in the game for the pet to pass through?
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Hmm not sure! What I did is take one of the largest pergolas (the one with purple trellis flowers) and put a hedge underneath it with either an archway or a gate to make a makeshift shelter for them. :mrgreen:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Maybe we can lock them up inside the barn during the night and let them out in the morning. Not sure doggie doors would help much if they don't seek shelter at night and from the livestream it seems they pretty much fall asleep wherever they happen to be.
  • Options
    Oh, thankyou @ashcrash19 that’s a good idea! I think I will try that instead of the little shed I was thinking of making for the little goat.

@crocobaura Im getting a goat for a family with a toddler, and I don’t have room for a barn. It’s a 20x30 lot ( I think ), by the ocean in San Sequoia, and I already have a green house and a spaceship that my astronaut needs for work, along with the house. I’m hoping the pergola won’t be too big for the area I have.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Oh, thankyou @ashcrash19 that’s a good idea! I think I will try that instead of the little shed I was thinking of making for the little goat.

@crocobaura Im getting a goat for a family with a toddler, and I don’t have room for a barn. It’s a 20x30 lot ( I think ), by the ocean in San Sequoia, and I already have a green house and a spaceship that my astronaut needs for work, along with the house. I’m hoping the pergola won’t be too big for the area I have.

Well, a shed or a pergola or even a barn doesn't matter because they don't really use it. I was surprised that during heavy rain even the horse stayed outside.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    All my mini goats and sheep sleep around their owners' beds, which is adorable. I make sure the doors are locked for the horses only and the little critters use the regular doors. The house used to have about 4-5 steps, but I lowered the house to just one step because I couldn't stand seeing them out in the yard in a freezing blizzard. (I know, I'm silly :D )

Horses without the free spirit will sleep in the stalls but the free spirits need to sleep outside...a "don't fence me in" type. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

Well, a shed or a pergola or even a barn doesn't matter because they don't really use it. I was surprised that during heavy rain even the horse stayed outside.

I noticed that with the horses too, at first I thought it was because the horse was brave, and a free spirit, but then I made another family with a horse that had neither of those traits. Sometimes that horse went inside during the rain, sometimes it didn’t. However, in the second situation there was no lightning and Thunder. I did wonder if a fearful horse would go inside their stall during a thunderstorm.
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    All my mini goats and sheep sleep around their owners' beds, which is adorable. I make sure the doors are locked for the horses only and the little critters use the regular doors. The house used to have about 4-5 steps, but I lowered the house to just one step because I couldn't stand seeing them out in the yard in a freezing blizzard. (I know, I'm silly :D )

Horses without the free spirit will sleep in the stalls but the free spirits need to sleep outside...a "don't fence me in" type. :D

Yeah, the house where the mini goat will be has stairs to the outside plus stairs to the bedrooms. But I will give them something outside they can use, even if they don’t use it.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

No 🐐 🚫
    b52b559bc246d04a2fbbb915c3febc84b49b3d5f.pnj
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I was just wondering if anyone knows if mini goats and mini sheep are going to be able to use doggie doors from cats and dogs. I wanted to make a little shed for one.

You should give it a try and report back if it works. Could be all you need is the horse barn door. Or just a partial shelter. Three sides and a roof?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    No 🐐 🚫
    b52b559bc246d04a2fbbb915c3febc84b49b3d5f.pnj
    Thank you!