Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lot type for a bowling alley?

Having just finally buying the bowling stuff pack, I'm in the process of building one. It's got me wondering what is the best lot type for it? I'm thinking a bar but wondered if there was a better option?

Comments

• Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    edited June 2023
    The premade one is a bar.
    Better options depend on what is around the bowling lanes. I added bowling lanes to a restaurant and a park. In restaurants, the waiters sometimes bowl.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited June 2023
    I have nightclub and I think something else as well, but forgot... recreation center I'm just setting up? The bowling alley item I think says which lot types are recommended and from what I know only those will have sims bowl autonomously etc. Think it's nightclub, bar and lounge???
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited June 2023
    There is no special lot type for bowling alleys. However, bowling lanes in bars, nightclubs, and lounges will have bowling groups come to specifically play bowling.
  • Options
    EgonVM wrote: »
    There is no special lot type for bowling alleys. However, bowling lanes in bars, nightclubs, and lounges will have bowling groups come to specifically play bowling.

Also moonlight bowling happens automatically in those lot types, otherwise you will need to select it yourself.
  • Options
    grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    Thanks for your answers. I'll check on the bowling alley item as @musteni suggested. I didn't think of looking at the item as I rarely take much notice of what's written about each item. I'll let you know how I go!

Don't know why it's taken me so long to get the bowling pack really as I used to play in a 10-pin bowling league about 100 years ago. I have a trophy for "Ladies' Hi Game" which I won with a score of 210. I used to play in a four person team called the "Top Hats". Because we were better than Bowlers! :p
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited June 2023
    Yeah as everyone else said you can use any lot but for the intended experience it needs to be a nightclub, lounge or bar.

That’s what makes other sims come and take part. I did a nightclub and it was good.
  • Options
    KeijraKeijra Posts: 9 New Member
    I like making mine into a lounge. That seems to attract a wider variety of ages. I make mine like an arcade/bar/lounge type of a place
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    Mine is a six lane alley with a bar, arcade games & fooseball table. Think I set the lot type as a bar; built it when the bowling pack came out so can't remember.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    I have one in the basement of a cafe, people don’t automatically use it though. My daughter makes bowling teams with clubs ( from get together ), and she says it works well to get people to show up and bowl places.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I have a seedy 70s-style werewolf bar with a bowling alley. I also have a sim (Tuvok from Star Trek) who lives in an abandoned bowling alley.

FYI there is a mod that allows you to actually set the lot type as Bowling Alley.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SolomuttSolomutt Posts: 49 Member
    It took me awhile to figure it out, but I found the premade Bowling alley in the library. (It's the Oasis something or other" if anyone else is looking for it.). I tried a player made one at first but I couldn't get inside of it. Do you need to assign sims to player made bowling alleys or staff?
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    Bars, Lounges and Clubs are the lot types that come with Tuning for bowling alleys. Choose any of those, If you want to see how EA intended Bowling alleys to function.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    bubbletozbubbletoz Posts: 16 Member
    Hmm.

Either generic or lounge would work.
  • Options
    bubbletoz wrote: »
    Hmm.

Either generic or lounge would work.

Generic lots don't get any visitors or workers and the bowling alley doesn't work as intentended. Yes your sims can go and bowl there if that's all you want.
  • Options
    SolomuttSolomutt Posts: 49 Member
    Every time I take my sims bowling, even when it's just 2 of them, the non-player sim (even from the same household) just up and leaves before the game is finished. I think it might be because every other sim in the bowling alley congregates near them and thy got looped into a ridiculously long conversation.
  • Options
    grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I have one in the basement of a cafe, people don’t automatically use it though. My daughter makes bowling teams with clubs ( from get together ), and she says it works well to get people to show up and bowl places.

Setting up a bowling club is a good idea - thanks!