Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monkey Tail with bow-tie and bell

RLBTanglewoodRLBTanglewood Posts: 37 Member
edited May 2023 in Mods Bugs & Issues
I would like to know why my Sim has a monkey like tail with a bowtie and what looks like a bell on the end every so often when he removes clothing? I can only conclude that this is related to him being a spellcaster? I would just like to find out what is causing it and if there's away to get rid of it, I have searched and searched and googled everyway I know of to find out what is causing it but finding nothing but mermaid related and or hybrid related stuff in which he's neither.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member
    What? Can you get a picture of this? Sounds weird but I'm having trouble visualizing it.
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Hi KIestrel, and thanks, it's not repetitive so It may take me some time to get a shot, from the sound in your comment it appears that I might have something that's not common? I'm beginning to wonder if it's CC related now. Thing is, it only seems to happen once becoming a spellcaster and I've not downloaded any CC male related and he's wearing base game clothing not to mention it only happens once he removes clothing so I think that would rule out CC.

The tail protrudes out of the lower back and it can be pink and or black at times at least these are the two colors that come to mind, on the tip of the tail what I mentioned what appears to be a bowtie or a crisscross knot with a bell in the center of the tie/knot. The bell is like a "Christmas Jingle Bell" not a cow bell.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited May 2023
    What?

I still guess it's a CC glitch. I have heard some rumors where the CC asset will be applied when the sim is nude.

But I don't have any experience with CC at all, so my guess is just an uneducated guess here...
  • Options
    Thanks Egon, OK now I'm beginning to wonder even more now and could be the reason why I'm not finding anything in my searches on this. With two comments thus far with no idea, if this were tied to the base game or DLC in any way shape or form seems someone would know or I would be able to find something on this in my searches, maybe it is CC related then.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    I would suggest removing your mods folder & seeing if it still happens. If it doesn't then you know it's a cc problem & you'll need to do the 50/50 method to try to figure out what cc is causing it.
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    You could check Sims 4 Tray Importer to see if something specific is attached to him. It sounds like it may be mistagged CC that's flagged for nude.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Thank you all, HavenRose and Starfree, I had just gone through my mods folder and weeded out packages in hopes I may have removed the cause, I never thought about the Tray folder, Thanks for the sims 4 tray importer tip, I like that mod, I found and removed 20 give or take Bad CC. Not sure if any were related to my issue, the majority were mods not installed.

Nothing was tagged to the sim in question. *shrugs*
    Post edited by RLBTanglewood on
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Hope it's sorted for you now, it's just gotta be cc related.

But you also win an award for the oddest titled thread in the history of TS4 🤣😂🙃
  • Options
    Me too Elanorbreton, I'll be sure to see that my Sim receives the award. :)
  • Options
    Tail has not been back in quite sometime, it appears that I may have gotten rid of it during mod house cleaning.