Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How does "calling fake sick" work?

How does this interaction work? Can a Sim really call in "fake sick?" Could they get caught?
I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.

Comments

• Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Yes, your sim can call in fake sick. I'm not sure of the base failure chance, but I think whether they get caught faking is dependent at least a little on their relationship with their boss. Pretty sure being caught just means a big hit to their performance meter, but my sims have never been caught so I can't be sure. :lol:
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited May 2023
    If calling in fake sick fails, you simply won't be excused but your Sim's boss will notify them that they're expected at work.
    That's how it works in TS4, at least.

Anyone remembering the Sims 1 where every day was a work day? You could skip work every second day though without being punished back then.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited May 2023
    Delete

(Sorry, didn't realise this was a TS3 discussion until after I posted.)
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    @Emily4331 is right. Based on my experience, you should avoid leaving home during work hours or you can be caught.
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Just like in real life, don't get caught on the jumbotron at the stadium, and don't come back to work with a suntan. :D
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures