Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hot Update! πŸ”₯ New SDX!! 5/16/23

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Thanks for the heads up.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    Uh, yeah I think I'll keep my Calientes as I've edited them :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I had a feeling we'd get something today or sometime this week!

I hope there is more to it than that. Oh! Maybe I'll fall in love with the new, updated, Don Lothario! He does nothing for me right now, and I liked to play him in Sims 2. He cut quite a swath through my game in those days. >:)
  • Options

Oh, yes, if you love them then keep them for sure!

I prefer the original Sims4 Goth Family to the update and usually delete the new ones (unless I just rename them), but I don't care for the Calientes in this version. I'm looking forward to seeing what has changed.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    mmkay imgur is giving me attitude over in game pics and while I'd like to be kind, the girls look okay but Don.....why did they do that? lol
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited May 2023

This is whats really important
    Actually nvm, the new recipes is what really important 🀩 HufflePom got their wish πŸ₯Ή
    Post edited by SelinaKyles on
  • Options
    Kai252018Kai252018 Posts: 76 Member
    Always down for some new recipes! Thanks guys!! :p
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Isharell wrote: Β»

I prefer the original Sims4 Goth Family to the update and usually delete the new ones (unless I just rename them), but I don't care for the Calientes in this version. I'm looking forward to seeing what has changed.

yeah I have the old Goths as my own edited version too I just keep feeling as if these new versions don't really click with how the sims looked in ts1-ts2 either

maybe because sims faces really were not all that detailed in ts1-2 so :sweat_smile: it almost makes more sense to me they wouldn't have much stand out features

this is how my Calientes and Don been existing until now

link
  • Options

Urg. Now he looks even less like Don Lothario should. What a bummer. I'll have to see what can be done with him in CAS.
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    I don't care. The new recipes are always good, anyway.
    I wish Maxis can tell between an SDX and a BG update. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2023

yeah I have the old Goths as my own edited version too I just keep feeling as if these new versions don't really click with how the sims looked in ts1-ts2 either

maybe because sims faces really were not all that detailed in ts1-2 so :sweat_smile: it almost makes more sense to me they wouldn't have much stand out features

link

It's true, they don't look like the TS1-2, but TS4s Calientes just don't look right to me, especially Don. I guess I just have an image in my head that hasn't been created. I tried to change the current Don but couldn't get it to work. I've not seen a Don on the gallery I liked either. I'll give this new one a try and if I can't improve him enough to satisfy me, I'll give some thought to creating my own. Maybe I should give Don a son/brother/cousin. He would need a name, though. I guess Romeo Lothario is a little too cutsie.
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I deleted the premades but I don’t care for this makeover. Anywhoooo…. I’m just here for the recipes 😍
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    so this was the hot update? after all these years i still expect too much πŸ˜… i never learn
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options

link

It's true, they don't look like the TS1-2, but TS4s Calientes just don't look right to me, especially Don. I guess I just have an image in my head that hasn't been created. I tried to change the current Don but couldn't get it to work. I've not seen a Don on the gallery I liked either. I'll give this new one a try and if I can't improve him enough to satisfy me, I'll give some thought to creating my own. Maybe I should give Don a son/brother/cousin. He would need a name, though. I guess Romeo Lothario is a little too cutsie.

Idk I find that old ts4 Don has the most perfect devilish grin

but maybe thats just because I have always interpret him to be very naughty and very slippery sim to deal with
  • Options
    GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    Excited for everything apart from the Caliente rehaul, Excuse my language but HOW IS THAT AN IMPROVEMENT? Only one who seems to have been given a glow up is Don!

Gonna be doing another Rehash of the old versions and replacing the new ones because just...no. No hate to the Staff/team in charge but just...no.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I like the look of the new facial hair, the soup and bread.

As for the Calientes... no comment lol.
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    edited May 2023
    From: https://simscommunity.info/2023/05/16/the-sims-4-sdx-new-drop-may-16th-2023/

nina-caliente-1024x576.jpg
    dina-caliente-1024x576.jpg
    sims-4-sdx-don-lothario-update-1024x576.jpg
    katrina-caliente-sims-4-sdx-drop-1024x576.jpg

I don't even know what to say...

This is what I did a couple of months ago (with no physical features change):

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited May 2023
    I don't know why (probably the nose) but this new Dina is making me think of Detox from RuPaul's Drag Race season 5 :D
    detox-facial-injury-ny-rehearsal-space-feature.jpg?quality=75&strip=all

edit: ok not so much anymore after seeing the close-ups.
    i7-13700K β€’ 16GB β€’ RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I like the recipes and the new beard. DonLo looks good, the Calientes surprisingly masculine.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited May 2023
    Okay I surprisingly don't hate the Caliente changes. Not too sure I'm loving their faces but they do look slightly more like their old Sims 2 selves mainly Nina. They also take more after their old selves' dress sense (Dina wears a lot of black and more feminine, Nina wears black and pink and is a bit more tomboyish) plus they've changed their traits to actually match their old selves too.

Don's new look is nice too but he actually looks too much like Mortimer (mainly the hair and the nose). Can't say I particularly care for Katrina though.

Also glad they kept their eyes green, I didn't like the 'they should have brown eyes because of their heritage' thing when they first talked about the townie refreshes cause people of the same heritage don't all look one way.

Overall, I kindaaaa like the Caliente refresh, definitely more than the Goths'.