Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fun Ideas for Servos?

This is a life state I want to use more but haven’t so far come up with a good idea.

What do you do with your servos?

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I have only two, a townie and Clive RK300. Clive lives in the larger penthouse in San Myshuno and acts as his family's bodyguard and butler rolled into one. Quite honestly as a bodyguard he leaves a lot to be desired. My plan is to teach him the Medium skill next to protect the family against paranormal threats. I like the idea of a robot ghostbuster who charges at day and works at night.

A robo nanny running an orphanage might be interesting, too, but I think that has been done a lot already.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited March 2023
    Well, there was this
    Screen-Shot-2022-05-14-at-6-02-45-PM.png

I accumulated them while playing my Eliza Pancakes Supervillain scenario story.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I have one created by my yellow gen in Not So Berry. I used it as cook, maid, and nanny for my grey gen to help create a distant relationship between her and her parents. It was before GrT, so didn't entirely work. (Sims insist on taking to one another and being good friends.) I intend to have the servo stay as a family member in all future generations though
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I have several. One is a scientist and another one, that I have been playing more recently, is called Baby Sitter and his job is to care for the Legacy family he is in and tend to the garden. I actually enjoy playing him more than the other family members. He wishes for a child of his own so I am hoping he will get abducted 😆
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I only have one, Justine Fowlsten, created by mechnical engineer Dustin Fowlsten, as his perfect wife, maid and janitor. The man is too lazy to do any chores himself and too contaminated by Magnolia Promenade's industrial radiation to be compatible with a human woman.

I'd use servos more if they didn't all look the same. I hate that all aliens must have human disguises, but Servos don't get that option, even though it would make just as much sense for them. My played sim population includes androids and it would be so cool if they could be human-looking Servos, then I wouldn't have to fake my own statistics by claiming that those sims are robots when they're really just normal non-occults with a few tweaks.

Besides aesthetics, however, servos can do pretty much anything adult sims can do, so the possibilities are there.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Here’s what I did with mine:

52320262972_1b42d11e64_k.jpg
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    fazemanpressfazemanpress Posts: 206 Member
    tbh never ever built one before they look so cute tho - i always wanted to build one for my sims house to help around

so can your programme themto do anything? like do house chores or guard the house etc?
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    You control them, like a regular sim.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    edited April 2023
    I have a Servo/Humanoid/Hybrid household I call Good vs Evil Robots. I kind of got inspired by the scary movie M3GAN. >:):o;):p
    Simmers can find them in the Gallery under my username SEREFRAS & please let me know if you like them. ;)
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I wanna do with them, what I did with Servos back in the Sims 2. Basically, have a scientist build a robot army and have them fight other sims. Whoever loses, dies. Just a giant sim-servo war, with total extinction of your enemies being the only acceptable goal.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I only have one, Justine Fowlsten, created by mechnical engineer Dustin Fowlsten, as his perfect wife, maid and janitor. The man is too lazy to do any chores himself and too contaminated by Magnolia Promenade's industrial radiation to be compatible with a human woman.

I'd use servos more if they didn't all look the same. I hate that all aliens must have human disguises, but Servos don't get that option, even though it would make just as much sense for them. My played sim population includes androids and it would be so cool if they could be human-looking Servos, then I wouldn't have to fake my own statistics by claiming that those sims are robots when they're really just normal non-occults with a few tweaks.

Besides aesthetics, however, servos can do pretty much anything adult sims can do, so the possibilities are there.

Ages ago someone discovered that some sort of costume thing in Get Famous has outfits that servos can wear. Even included screen shots. Unfortunately, I don't remember who posted it, when, or the topic title. It might even have been a bug, but we know how diligent EA is about bugs.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    @fazemanpress In addition to controlling your servo yourselves, I think you can also automate them to focus on certain tasks like nanny, gardening and security. Your servo gains experience and the more it has, the more behaviour modules you unlock for it. I play with free will off, so the modules don't do anything in my game, but I assume for free will on players that would be the way to go to tell their servo what to do?
  • Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    edited April 2023

I soooo strongly agree! I’d love to be able to create human-looking servos like androids with all the servo idle animations etc. It’s a shame we can’t do that and I hope it’s added one day.