Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to make parents for adult sim and edit relationships

My adult sim John Reed had no parents so i was able to make his mom and have it link to all sisters and rest of the family had no issue.

Now when i tried to make his dad yesterday via genetics and it marries John mom Cynthia and in the family tree it shows step son/daughter.

is there way to fix this and have him as original parent instead of step? or unless i have him join his sisters household and edit relationships?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    So then, creating parents to existing siblings is a little glitchy...

If you create siblings with no parents and then edit them in Manage Worlds, you can create only one parent for them. The reason might be that a "hidden parent" is created so the sibling relationship would be there, but I am not an expert in this.

At least that's how I understand the problem here...

I can only recommend here to try out cas.fulleditmode, but I don't know if it works or will it go ahead and switch the parent... Worth a try I guess...
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    edited March 2023
    I noticed all of this the other day myself. CAS even with the cheat enabled only lets you create 1 parent for a Sim. For example, if 2 Sims are married and you merge their household with a single Sim, then go into CAS to make that new Sim the married couple's adult child, CAS will only let you set 1 Sim as an actual parent. The other Sim will show in CAS as household member and outside of CAS as step-parent.

The only way I was able to get the married couple both showing in CAS as the parents of a Sim was to create a genetic clone twin of the adult Sim. Then CAS allowed me to set the new cloned Sim to have the married couple as parents.
    Post edited by Future on
  • Options
    fazemanpressfazemanpress Posts: 206 Member
    Future wrote: »
    I noticed all of this the other day myself. CAS even with the cheat enabled only lets you create 1 parent for a Sim. For example, if 2 Sims are married and you merge their household with a single Sim, then go into CAS to make that new Sim the married couple's adult child, CAS will only let you set 1 Sim as an actual parent. The other parent will show in CAS as household member and outside of CAS as step-parent.

The only way I was able to get the married couple both showing in CAS as the parents of a Sim was to create a genetic clone twin of the adult Sim. Then CAS allowed me to set the new cloned Sim to have the married couple as parents.

omg tysm for the help- as i wanted cynthia and Graham to be the parents for my legacy and not have step father - so i will try this method hope this works thank you for the help

i play on xbox
  • Options
    how do i clone sims or make a twin?
  • Options
    I noticed all of this the other day myself. CAS even with the cheat enabled only lets you create 1 parent for a Sim. For example, if 2 Sims are married and you merge their household with a single Sim, then go into CAS to make that new Sim the married couple's adult child, CAS will only let you set 1 Sim as an actual parent. The other parent will show in CAS as household member and outside of CAS as step-parent.

omg tysm for the help- as i wanted cynthia and Graham to be the parents for my legacy and not have step father - so i will try this method hope this works thank you for the help

i play on xbox

Happy to help!
  • Options

In CAS, when you click the button to add a new Sim to the household, click the Genetics button. Select the Sim you want to clone and choose Sibling. Then click Randomized Twin. I don't have the game open right now but that's essentially it.
  • Options

In CAS, when you click the button to add a new Sim to the household, click the Genetics button. Select the Sim you want to clone and choose Sibling. Then click Randomized Twin. I don't have the game open right now but that's essentially it.

and then delete the current or first twin? thanks
  • Options

and then delete the current or first twin? thanks

Yea after the clone has been added, you can safely delete the original in CAS and then assign the 2 parents.
  • Options
    i tried it didnt work unless i upload the family? and redownloadt hem?