Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: March 2023 Infants Patch

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2023
    @Mykalaply I can take "Cleared" reports only from the creators.
    @SimKonfetti I don't know Most but not all
    @Phantasi33 Thank you.

Mods Confirmed Broken
    • Relationship and Pregnancy Overhaul (Lumpinou)
    • Stand Still in CAS (MizoreYukii)
    • WonderfulWhims (Turbo)
    *** Presume all mods broken until cleared or updated. ***

NOTE: Based on what modders anticipated, this list originally said that ALL custom traits, aspirations, and preferences (likes/dislikes) were broken. Based on early testing, however, some are NOT broken. I still recommend that for now you assume the ones YOU use are broken until they're cleared.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Mods Confirmed Broken
    • most default eye replacements - break Infant eyes
    • Fitness Controls (roBurky)

Outdated Mods
    • No Chatter Clutter (Lumpinou) - this mod is being retired
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    From what I've seen so far, CC doors and gates aren't broken. A new lock for babies has been added to their pie menus - not sure if it works properly though but the doors seem okay.
  • Options
    Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    The eye shine remover mod by Vanillagnomes is also broken. It gives infants a bright, supernatural eye color and it does not allow you to change the color of the eyes.
  • Options
    Thanks @haneul and @Phantasi33!

• Options
    Mods/CC Confirmed Broken
    • custom traits by Mythical Ascelin
    • ATICAS (Mythical Ascelin)
    • Career Overhaul Suite (Kuttoe)
    • eye shine remover mod (Vanillagnomes) - broken for Infants
    • Language Barriers (frankk) - NOTE: Some damage if you use it now might not be fixable later
    • Show Sim Info (frankk) - needs updating but won't break your game

NOTE: It was originally presumed that CC doors and gates would break, as has been typical for furniture (and similar) with new functionality added. Testing so far shows them to be generally functional.

Mod Updates
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    edited March 2023
    all script mods seem broken my sims wouldnt show up on the menu and i turned off script mods now the game is working but now i have to figure out which one it is
  • Options
    violetguilevioletguile Posts: 2 New Member
    I wanted to give some of the CC that seems to be working and not working for me. (Mainly CAS)

Working -

Discord Color Full white by Katverse - I have the white one and it's worked fine
    All my CC including hair is all working.
    From what i can tell all my custom skins and eyes are working fine.

Not working:

Stand still in CAS (it works but it doesn't) - Moves the infants bit next to elders and stretches infants.
    I'm 1000% More columns is broken even though in my game right now it's working, I will remove and let you know.

Gameplay Mode (I have loads so please bear with me)

Working:

At the moment the Pre-teen mod seems to be working fine
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 (For me seems to be working fine, but i will delete just in case, i do keep getting a notification saying an error related to WW has occurred)
    XML Injector - comes up saying is installed and working properly
    Pose Player - seems to be working fine
    Sims Teleporter- Works fine

Not working-

MCCC option not coming up

I hope this helps.
  • Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Status of my mods for update 1.96.365

Good:

Longer Starlight Accolades Events
    No Robot Upgrade Parts on Chemistry Lab
    Acting Career Gig Booster
    Transform some Grass Everywhere
    Mt. Komorebi Power Fix

Needs Updating:

Better ECO Water
    Better ECO Power
    Gardening for All Seasons
    Scientist Career - Graveyard Shift and Gardening Fix
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    @carlymichelle Please see p. 1. Presume ALL mods broken until cleared or updated. At least one so far can cause lasting problems.

@violetguile Only the mods' creators can clear mods because they have to do testing that isn't available to players. Please just assume they're broken until cleared. (That's less the case for CC, but it doesn't need clearing.)
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    hmmmm i deleted some toddler script mods and turned them back on and now everything seems fine well so far?
  • Options
    violetguilevioletguile Posts: 2 New Member
    @luthienrising

I was just trying to help by saying which ones I was and wasn't having problems with
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 134 Member
    Ring Up Customers at Register seems to work fine. The creator hasn't updated it for two years. But it's still working
  • Options
    @violetguile I understand, but what often happens is that it turns out that a mod that tested okay for a player is broken after all. It's happened a lot over the years, so the general practice is that only modders can actually clear their mods for a patch.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Mods/CC Confirmed Broken
    • Bonehilda Alive (Srsly)
    • Filthy Fabulous Craftable Patch (Srsly)
    • Mr. Squishee Slurpee Machine (Srsly)
    • Purchase Void Critter Cards (Srsly)
    • Recycle Anywhere (Srsly)

Cleared by Creator
    • frankk - Pack Tests, Buy Bits and Pieces, Utter Chaos, Bad Translations
    • Lumpinou - Mood Pack
    • SimplyAnjuta - Presets Selection Mod, lighting mods, Custom Styled Looks
    • Simsonian Library - Cabinets with Inventory, Spellbook Injector, Custom RPG Spells, Simsco Canning Factory
    • softerhaze - lighting mods
    • Zafireria - all mods

Mod Updates
  • Options
    TashiTashi Posts: 46 Member
    My pets, especially dogs, are breaking through sim actions to demand attention.
  • Options
    @Tashi If you're able to isolate it to a specific mod (see the instructions in the previous broken mods thread), then I can add what's doing that. Otherwise, please presume ALL mods that aren't cleared or updated broke. If it's happening without mods at all, please head to AHQ. A link is on p. 1.
  • Options
    GuineaPigLover123GuineaPigLover123 Posts: 3 New Member
    Just wanted to report that the Bed Cuddle mod by Thepancake1 and MizoreYukii is broken, it removes the sleeping options from beds.
  • Options
    TashiTashi Posts: 46 Member
    @Tashi If you're able to isolate it to a specific mod (see the instructions in the previous broken mods thread), then I can add what's doing that. Otherwise, please presume ALL mods that aren't cleared or updated broke. If it's happening without mods at all, please head to AHQ. A link is on p. 1.

Playing without any mods right now. I used to have a mod for this but took mod folder out.
  • Options
    CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    Mods by @Cyclelegs for this patch V1.96.etc:
    I will get onto the updates for Reduced Mourning from Death and All Beds mods over the next couple of days. Both are big mods and I won't be starting until tomorrow.
  • Options
    Hi @GuineaPigLover123 ! Since you're new here (and to me), can I just get you to confirm how you tested? Many, many thanks!

@Tashi, exit the game, delete the file called "localthumbcache," and restart the game. Sometimes information cached there means that some mod functions are "remembered". If that's not helping, please go report this at AHQ, since it means it's a game bug.

Thanks @Cyclelegs !
  • Options
    Mods/CC Confirmed Broken
    • All Beds Give Same Energy, Comfort and Stress Relief (Cyclelegs)
    • Dark Mode UI (DsKecht)
    • Reduced Mourning From Death (Cyclelegs)
    • Regency Romance (JaneSimsten)

Cleared by Creator
    • ChippedSim - mods not listed as broken/updated
    • Cyclelegs - Better Birdwatching, Drinks Give More Food and Energy Boost, Faster Eating and Drinking, Friendly Birds At The Birdfeeder, No More House Fires
    • JaneSimsten - Wedding Cakes as Birthday Cakes
    • Srsly - Eat Fish, Fishing Expanded, Purchase Pet Items, Simulation Lag Fix, Super Speed Mod

Mod and CC Updates
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    bandit5 wrote: »
    the ea app is broken to so can't run the game till it fixed

I am using the EA app, it is working fine. If you want to go offline, you need to check on the small lines menu option and select offline.

• Options
    @Mendota it's been widely reported broken. If it's working for you now, you're either lucky or they finally fixed it.
  • Options
    GuineaPigLover123GuineaPigLover123 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Hi @GuineaPigLover123 ! Since you're new here (and to me), can I just get you to confirm how you tested? Many, many thanks!
    >
    > @Tashi, exit the game, delete the file called "localthumbcache," and restart the game. Sometimes information cached there means that some mod functions are "remembered". If that's not helping, please go report this at AHQ, since it means it's a game bug.
    >
    > Thanks @Cyclelegs !

Basically I noticed that my sims did not have the option to sleep in their beds, no matter which bed I used. I suspected that it could be the cuddle in bed mod since it's my only mod affecting bed. As soon as I took it out and cleared cache, my beds were working again.