Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CPU rating and 20 sims on lots

Hey there,
I want to adjust CPU setting to make it 4 so I get full clubs and 20 sims on lots

I have quad core processor (i7 7700hq) that boosts up to 3.8 GHz however in config it shows cpu rating of 3 and adjusted cpu of 3.34 GHz I think the Uber is 3.6 GHz or higher..

What setting can I safely adjust to make my cpu clock Uber and have 4 cpu rating in Config file?

Comments

• Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Where it says CPU 3 just change it to CPU 4
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited February 2023
    Assuming you're talking about DeviceConfig, editing the number there won't have an effect because that top portion with CPU rating is just reporting back what it sees in GraphicsRules. So the numbers that need to be changed will be in GraphicsRules.

Go to where you installed The Sims 3, and navigate to The Sims 3>Game>Bin. Here, you'll find GraphicsRules.sgr. It's always good to make a copy before editing this just in case. Open it in Notepad.

When it's opened in Notepad, near the top you'll see the following section:
    seti cpuLevelUber       4
    seti cpuLevelHigh       3
    seti cpuLevelMedium     2
    seti cpuLevelLow        1

We know your CPU is being given a 3 rating, so you can ignore the medium and low values here. Simply change the "3" next to seti cpuLevelHigh to a "4". It should look like this:
    seti cpuLevelUber       4
    seti cpuLevelHigh       4
    seti cpuLevelMedium     2
    seti cpuLevelLow        1

This will tell DeviceConfig and the game that your CPU is a 4 and is, therefore, now considered Uber. If you notice this is causing issues or if your CPU seems like it can't handle it, simply go back in and change the 4 back to a 3.
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited February 2023
    Even if you have the fastest CPU on the planet, you won't get clubs full of sims if you don't set up your households correctly in your town. The best way to have full clubs is to have tons of sims with the party animal trait, as well as many large households with at least six sims.
    EiFlric.png