Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy 23rd Anniversary The Sims!

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    simmer94simmer94 Posts: 3 New Member
    The Sims
    The Sims. I used to play The Sims and all its expansions when I was child since 6.
  • Options
    mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    The Sims 4
    I like the sims 4 the best it’s my favorite but I wish it was like The sims online the sims free play the sims medieval the sims mobile the sims 1 the sims 2 and the sims 3 expect for the bombs that fall down from the sky and the queasts
  • Options
    AdamBurtSimsAdamBurtSims Posts: 37 Member
    The Sims 4
    I started playing The Sims 4 at somewhere 2021, I was addicited, even some parts frusrated me, like sim get tried, hungry, need the loo and get fat. And even struggle to romance with someone. I restart three times like main sim person is me, start of with my wife, Hatsune Miku (nothing like her) until I and Miku got old, then I think should I carry on or restart, I choose to restart and be on my own, I relisae I have different outfit like one for everyday, one for party and one for summer, and then be carefull when romance with someone that don't let other sim you also romance see you, I started to married to Liberty Lee as we both geek. then I can stop some sims getting old. I did married to Liberty Lee but had many girlfriends with Beth Goth, Summer Holiday, both Behr sisters and both Pleasant Sisters and many others and apoted a cat, then have to restart again after I got turn into vampire and got burned. Third restart decide not to become a vampire, but a scoucer. Did married you Liberty Lee again and have many girlfriends, end up managed to married to few. and have kids from my sim wife and girlfriends and even apoted some, I went to many places even Star Wars place. Then an updated startec ruin my sims data but it resort but some are mess up like Behr sisters are not two of my girlfriend and some that turn old and pass away return. So I decide to stop. I play Sims 4 like none stop and have memories and did stop me from playing other games, then after an update ruin my data I move on and play other games. Thr Sims 4 become one of my favourite.
    I'm a British Geek who love Bella Goth, Behr sisters, Liberty Lee, Summer Holidays, Pleasant sisters and other Sims wafius/girlfriends. And like his Sims cats.g8pvk4adgueh.jpg
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    The Sims
    The Sims 1. I never owned it myself, but I would always play it with my cousin when I was young and visited her house. The Sims 2 was the first one where I owned my own copies and played with my own computer. The Sims 2 Open For Business will forever be one of the best Expansions!
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    The Sims
    jadetchi wrote: »
    Sims Bustin' Out was my first ever game, and then I played Sims 2. After a few years I managed to grab all of the original Sims games so I played those, then moved to Sims 3 & eventually Sims 4.

I think I have the most fond memories with Bustin' Out & Sims 3!

For some reason I read that as "The Sims Bust The Dust" :D
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited December 2023
    The Sims
    I got a new PC and went looking in Game for something to play on it and found The Sims being exhibited on the shelves as just out. I haven't looked back since. I'd be a lot richer if I hadn't bought everything that came out after, plus buying an X box to play Bustin' out and others as well. I still think I was happiest playing the first game and finding new objects, new download sites and the enthusiasm of first players too, on the internet with Dial-up.
    I've still got the original Xbox too. :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member
    The Sims
    Lol, the 24th anniversary will be rolling around soon. Maybe I'll just change the thread title. 😄
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 634 Member
    The Sims 4
    Technically started with SimCity (classic) on an old clunky IBM PC running DOS.... Sims 4 however, is really my first up close and personal interaction with Sims one to one.
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    The Sims
    Simburian wrote: »
    I got a new PC and went looking in Game for something to play on it and found The Sims being exhibited on the shelves as just out. I haven't looked back since. I'd be a lot richer if I hadn't bought everything that came out after, plus buying an X box to play Bustin' out and others as well. I still think I was happiest playing the first game and finding new objects, new download sites and the enthusiasm of first players too, on the internet with Dial-up.

Those were golden years! There was just so much of everything imaginable! Going to the software store was a regular thing because we knew there would be some new Sims something or other. Somebody somewhere was always making something new, the gaming magazines (real ones!) were loaded with Sims articles of all sorts, and there was an overall feeling of excitement, that we were all participating together in a grand new adventure, pioneers going into a new world.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    The Sims
    Simburian wrote: »

Those were golden years! There was just so much of everything imaginable! Going to the software store was a regular thing because we knew there would be some new Sims something or other. Somebody somewhere was always making something new, the gaming magazines (real ones!) were loaded with Sims articles of all sorts, and there was an overall feeling of excitement, that we were all participating together in a grand new adventure, pioneers going into a new world.

I don't think it was so much of a children's game at that time as so many older players bought it and designed for it. I remember a one square elevator and 'The Seven deadly sins' site with dungeon builds and several more that I scoured for the free items beautifully made. I also remember the first yellow pee! We were all trying to improve the game by eradicating the errors with Maxis providing tools too. There weren't so many complaints just gratitude by most for Will Wright's inspired game and its diversity. Many friends met through the Newsgroups at the time.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    The Sims
    You're right. In those days T meant Teen (and older ones at that) and not Toddler. I remember that site and lots of others with great stuff. Maxis not only provided some great tools but at least two disks of CC clothing. It was like they were players along with us so wanted to provide the best experience possible for everyone. No wonder there was so much gratitude. It was like a family thing, not business with customers.