Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild and remake the whole town challenge?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 332 Member
    Well I hit a snag,I wanted to make vlad son and make him the same age as his father .Well I can't do that at all,because it conflicts .Even though vampires are supposed to be imortal. :(:neutral:

I don't have the vampires pack, but I wonder if you could make his son a teen, and then age the son up with a birthday cake?
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member

I might have too.I can't apparently Age glad in create of sim.

• Options
    Well here is an update I got my vampire couple.Trying to up there stats.There now minor vampires, I will save another copy .When they are master vampires.

I will show pictures.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member

You should be able to age Vlad by using the cas.fulleditmode cheat.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options

That work and than the game change him back as a young adult.
  • Options

Do you use mods, specifically MCCC? If so, can you age him down that way?
  • Options

I gave up and for some reason I couldn't save a couple.I just made a new one and gave up on making Vlad son .
  • Options

I gave up and for some reason I couldn't save a couple.I just made a new one and gave up on making Vlad son .

I assume you mean you couldn't save the couple to your Library? To me, that sounds like possible corruption in the save itself. I could be wrong though, I usually am (lol). At the very least it could just be a glitch or quirk that a game restart and cache clearing would fix. Again, I could be wrong. It just doesn't seem normal to me that you can't save a household to your Library.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited February 2023
    About two years ago I created a new save file. I found editing the worlds to my liking very rewarding and fun. It took a while but I am happy with the result and prefer to start new games as a copy of that save file.

My save has:
    - townie/NPC make overs: Johnny Zest is now related to his parents, the goths are now spellcasters and have a toddler girl, the calientes look more like their sims 2 counterparts, ...
    - deleted townies I never use anyway to free up lots (can't even remember them)
    - added a few of my own Sims, these are mostly the result of a story or challenge I played
    - added community lots like restaurants, spa, vacation homes, a bar that acts like a bowling alley and cinema,...
    - I edited community lots (added rock climbing walls to a gym, toddler potties in parks, cafeterias in dorms...)

I did not start with a blank slate. That idea sounds very tempting but too time consuming. My time to play the game is too limited to and it would take me years. By now my starter save is more of an ongoing mastersave. When I need a little break from gameplay I change one family or one or two buildings. The next build I plan to add is a swimming pool in tartosa.
  • Options
    I will upload some pics.Its coming along slowly.
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I created my own starter save file a few years ago. It has all lots edited and or replaced (mostly from gallery downloads) and contains all pre-mades and my favourites from past games. Families are linked and have established relationships. Whenever a new pack comes out, I go back to my starter save and update it. I use it a the basis for all my other saves regardless of how I play. It took me months to make the original, but I find it easy to update it as new content comes out.