Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Schemes and Dreams

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,128 Member
    @luciusstorm Thank you so much.❤️
    Mimi is a joy to write for. I have to watch that I don't put more passion and intensity into writing for Mimi than I do for the other characters. It's easy to get caught up and get carried away. It's like when I'm writing for Danielle and Londyn. I get swept up in those storylines.

Don't let Trever's warning scare you too much. Diego isn't a bad guy and he won't break Mimi's heart. They both agree they aren't ready for anything serious and there are no strings attached to their relationship at this point. Trever really cares about Mimi's wellbeing as a friend and he doesn't want to see them/her get hurt. He's a bit of a...what's the term I'm looking for...mama bear and Mimi is his cub.🙂 That's the thing about Trever though, he cares about the people who work for him.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,177 Member
    What a fun, joyful episode! Mimi certainly had fun :smiley:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu Thank you so much.🙂
    Mimi had a great time. Diego was a wonderful companion and showed her a good time. It was exactly what Mimi deserves.🙂 I feel like Diego can see clearly who Mimi is and even though she isn’t his type he was still captivated enough to show her a night to remember.

Forgive me if I keep jumping back and forth with the pronouns. I started out wanting Mimi to be more androgynous and preferring they/them, but the more time I spend writing Mimi’s part the more obvious it is that she/her fits perfectly. There’s still a lot to explore with Mimi’s journey to discovering exactly who she is and where the road will lead.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,255 Member
    Good to see Mimi enjoying a night off. I had to Google Diego because he's long gone from my game. 😄
  • Options
    Hehe I remember Diego was my guess back then for Mimi's origin :D
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 And he looks a lot different now.🙂

@Ellupelluellu I had completely forgotten about that. It’s all come full circle.🙂
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,562 Member
    That was a fun read, always a joy to see Mimi.
    Glad she had a fun time with Diego. Enjoyed the part where she feigned not knowing his name😉 Deigo was a gentleman. He’s one of my favorite sims, happy to see him make an appearance. Also that he has no bad intentions🙂
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves Thank you very much❤️
    I thought it was really sweet of Diego to see Mimi for who she is and still go ahead and treat her to a lovely evening out even though she isn’t someone he’d usually date. Dating can be tricky for Mimi since she hasn’t transitioned. It makes what Diego did all the more touching.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I'm getting started setting up an offsite blog for this story on Wordpress. For the time being the blog hasn't launched yet but I wanted to share the address with you now, my dear readers, since once it's up and running I won't be able to link to the site or the chapters. This story isn't going to change much but it will get a little too close to what's acceptable on here and that's why I won't be able to directly link you from here.

For now it should just say 'Coming Soon' if you visit. I'll leave the name here until closer to launch and then I'll take it down so that I stay out of trouble. It may be a couple of weeks until the story moves over. I need to make a header, which I have no idea how to do, and work on the theme. I also want to learn how everything works on the site before I go live. In the meantime I will keep working on content to release here for this and Under The Tartosan Sun.

I hope you're all as excited as I am to see this story get turned loose a bit.😎
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,255 Member
    Great news! Added to my desktop favs.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,057 Member
    I have bookmarked the thing!
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,562 Member
    Exciting, bookmarked 😁
  • Options
    Bookmarked :)
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,716 Member
    Welcome to the Dark Side. We have cookies. >:)

Bookmarked
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    The next chapter is really taking shape quickly. Anna and Rayvn may have a bigger part in this one and of course Mimi too. If I don't get to some of the others like the Bailey-Moon's and Brytani Cho in this chapter they will be the focus of the next one. I got started writing and Anna's arrival in Windenberg and the modern world has turned into a bigger story than I thought it would, but I couldn't just gloss over it. It is a huge moment for her. One of my favorite moments with her won't have screenshots because it happens in the car.

The biggest delay in getting it released is going to be getting the new blog site set up. It has been harder than I thought and I was busy with the other story. I hope to have that done this weekend though. If nothing else I may release one more chapter here so you don’t have to wait.😁
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I was working on the next chapter and this song came up on random. If there was ever a song that summed up Mimi/The Lady Mimi this is it...

"Did you ever think for a second
    I'm only human too.
    You have no perception of all the struggles that I have been through.
    Listening to the nothingness I'm hearing while I watch your lips move.
    If you really knew me, you'd think twice about creating my truth.

I'm sick and tired of feeling my face on fire when you don't know what you're talking about.
    You don't know what it's like to be me.
    No, you don't know what it's like to be me."
    https://youtu.be/YHc-c9hJMrU
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 383 Member
    @DaniRose2143 would love a link to your blog
    Are you just posting this one there or is UtTS also there
    Love everything even the surprises you come up with
    When you mentioned they were going to Forgotten Hollow my first guess was they were gonna meet vampires but in the cast none or any of the other occults were mentioned so though ok they won't find any was completely surprised that they did in fact
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 would love a link to your blog
    Are you just posting this one there or is UtTS also there
    Love everything even the surprises you come up with
    When you mentioned they were going to Forgotten Hollow my first guess was they were gonna meet vampires but in the cast none or any of the other occults were mentioned so though ok they won't find any was completely surprised that they did in fact

Link sent. This is the only story that's moving. Under The Tartosan Sun is staying here and I don't have any plans for that one to ever move.

Thank you for the kind words about the vampire twist. That was never intended to be a part of the story but one innocent scene, Ray's audition planted the idea. That little bit where she imagined herself being a vampire while she read the lines was all it took. It did reveal some new things about Rayvn and Judith's personalities which set up the surprise ending to this part of the story even better than my original ideas.
  • Options
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    Missed the link! Please send. 🙏

Done🙂
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I have an issue with the link I posted to my new offsite story blog. Somehow, I have no idea how, I wound up creating two versions. If you have schemesanddreamssimsstory bookmarked, delete it. I don't know I how I did it but I have two different schemes and dreams story blogs set up and the link I shared is tied to a misspelled version of my email. I fat fingered a letter twice. I'm so far beyond confused about how Wordpress works so making a mistake this really doesn't surprise me. Since I'd already verified my correct email I couldn't use it with that link. There's only one little problem with the original...I misspelled the name of my own story.🤦🏻‍♀️

The correct link is, schemesanddremsstory. Yes the 'A' in dreams is missing. It's still on the same host. I don't think I can go back and fix the typo now so I'm just going to leave it as is. As a lesson to pay attention next time.🤣

Edit:It's coming back to me now. The second time I went back to the site to work on it I clicked on edit. Then it asked me to pick a name for the blog. I thought, that's odd, it must have rejected the first name I chose so I put in a new one. Then it asked for my email again, and that's when I misspelled it. That's how I wound up creating two versions of my blog. The one with the wrong email is useless. I'm still very confused about how to even go about customizing my site so it could be a lot longer than I thought to get the next chapter posted.
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 383 Member
    deleted the old and bookmarked the above
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,469 Member
    edited July 2023
    @DaniRose2143 I tried schemesanddremsstory but all it did was bring up a bing search. Could you please send me the full link? Thanks :).
  • Options
    If anyone else is having issues let me know. If it's not displaying for anyone else it may explain why I got that message about picking out a name, etc.. I may have to delete everything and start over.

At this point I'll probably edit what I've written so far so that I can post it here while I keep working on figuring out this utterly bewildering blog building thing. It's not as easy as people make it out to be. I hear people say it's just a couple of clicks and you're off and running. Not for me it isn't.🤣

The other option for new story content is to leave this story sit while I work on the blog and I get to work on the next Under The Tartosan Sun and come back to this chapter later.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,111 Member
    Honestly, I’m having a problem finding it. I enter the website link into safari and it pulls up nothing in the search results. There’s definitely something wrong, but I can’t be sure what?