Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need Prams/Strollers

Comments

• Options
    SadieMSadieM Posts: 150 Member
    edited July 2009
    I think the prams/stroller idea is good and I don't know why they aren't in the game already?
    I also think that a daycare service would be a really good idea because toddlers can then make new friends and there could be a "mother and toddler" group which would help relationships between parents and children
  • Options
    oOPrettyDeeOooOPrettyDeeOo Posts: 11 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Bumping this post!! Excellent ideas! A stroller, play pen and baby sling would be amazing! And i have wondered why i can't breastfeed.....
  • Options
    ScylScyl Posts: 461 Member
    edited November 2009
    I would love to see strollers added and we should be able to "green up" toddlers needs everywhere. I like to carry the toddler with me in town, explore but its annoying always go back home because of the kid at least with a stroller they can sleep and maybe fill all their needs everywhere..
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Agent_ZeroAgent_Zero Posts: 4,564 Member
    edited November 2009
    Eliora wrote:
    I would like to see alternate parenting options / choices: crib/co-sleep, stroller/sling, etc.
    :thumbup:
  • Options
    DmoquinnDmoquinn Posts: 748 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I think toddlers should be able to sleep in the middle of the bed with their mom or dad.
  • Options
    FoxTrapFoxTrap Posts: 11 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Agreed, strollers should be there already.
    And bring back the 'wash baby in sink' or 'bathe toddler in bath'. That used to be so cute, one of the best things about having them in ts2. Babies and Toddlers are so boring now, I skip them ahead early into kids. At least kids can wash!
  • Options
    LufferkinzLufferkinz Posts: 2,600 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Dmoquinn wrote:
    I think toddlers should be able to sleep in the middle of the bed with their mom or dad.

"Momma! Daddah! I'm ascared of the dark! Sleep in your room!" :lol:\

I love the idea of strollers. I always thought we needed more baby stuff.
  • Options
    PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 2,506 Member
    edited November 2009
  • Options
    Octavian23PlayerOctavian23Player Posts: 26 Member
    edited December 2009
    Yes please, EA! Can we have more stuff for babies and toddlers? Strollers / prams would be an excellent idea, with perhaps baby slings so the parents can go for walks, baby gyms and rattles for the newborns. I wish we had the changing table back too!
  • Options
    princess2867princess2867 Posts: 108 New Member
    edited December 2009
    and more toys, and ... FINGERPAINTS for toddlers ... and sunggies for mommies and daddies to relax in ... and blankets in general. I dislike how my sims never get cold or hot ... and how they always take a hot shower ... (steam does not happen during a cold shower ... as much ...)
  • Options
    FleshFailuresFleshFailures Posts: 92 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I've wanted prams since TS2. They would definitely make the game a lot better. You could have Sims want to 'stroll the baby', and it could boost the baby's mood.

Also their should be different ones. A modern looking pram, and old-fashioned Victorian type, and a stroller for toddlers.
  • Options
    eralp2eralp2 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2010
    This is what the Sims game lacks in, not enough option and things to do for babies/toddlers. They should have a pram, cradle, more toys, be able to bathe the children again and toddlers being able to interact with each other.
  • Options
    mangobirdmangobird Posts: 171
    edited June 2010
    Oh hey! It's neighbour Jim! *puts baby down on sidewalk and starts a long conversation* *Strange creepy guy sneaks by and picks up baby off of the ground and runs away* I haven't had that many young kids in this game, and I assumed there was a stroller. It seems like an obvious enough item, so why don't we have it? Btw, I was on a ghosthunting job and I finished, teleported away only to find out my ghosthunter had picked up a baby. I just put the baby down where I *think* the house is. That would be totally akward to have rung the doorbell and said "uh yeah, hey... I've got this kid I accidently took with me, is it yours?" I just left it on a random sims porch XD.
  • Options
    djo9898djo9898 Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    Defenitly it is soooo sooo weird to see your sim just up and basicilly DROP the kid on the ground PLUS if the sim hase multiples and is single its hard for them to leave the house with the kids cause they can alsojust carry one at a time so it would be SUPER improvment
  • Options
    Diamond0PirateDiamond0Pirate Posts: 61 New Member
    edited July 2010
    This isnt the only weird thing with Babies/Toddlers though.

One crying baby/toddler in a crib will wake up all sims in teh room other then other babies/toddlers.

They dont interact with each other. Which means you end up with twins that have no bond come the first day of school!

Neighbourhood sims and provide nothing for them. I was playing a male sim for the heartbreaker LTW (And i decided to make it harder by dumping them once they were with child.)

And they never, ever, bought anything for the child. No cots, no toys, no nothing. Sure, maybe thats right if thier parents are child hating snobs, but its should be an exception, not a rule.

So, yes to stroller/buggies/pushchairs. As well as improving that area in general.
  • Options
    MykalaplyMykalaply Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited July 2010
    Agreed, Sims need strollers :thumbup:
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited July 2010
    Yes, I agree! Is it hard to make an animation of a pram/stroller in the game? If not, then why not making them? Let's wait and see for new expansions.
  • Options
    Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited July 2010
    Agreed and 100% at that.l I really want strollers, prams and double strollers. I'd be nice taking our little ones for a stroll and some some car seats are a must.

Anyone else want a family Oriented EP?
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I really hope they make a babies/kids expansion pack because it would be really cool to have strollers.
    Play pen/baby walker would also be really cool. I think they need more baby toys. And also make the sims be able to do stuff with the babies - all they do is sit in their crib all day!
  • Options
    Jen_CharltonJen_Charlton Posts: 69 Member
    edited September 2010
    I love the idea of pram/buggy. It was something i was hoping was going to be included when Sims 3 was launched. They could add so many thing to do with pregnancy/babies/toddlers.

They could include maternity clothes, that you can choose.
    You can seek medical advise from hospital but would be nice to go for scan, and have the option to find out sex of baby.

The only item for a baby is the cot, would be good to have pram/buggy. I'm also sick of having to go up stairs to the cot(or have the cot in living area or kitchen) would be good if they could sleep downstairs in pram or even a moses basket, like sims bring babies home from hospital in if they are triplets. would be good to plan outfit so wrapped up in blacket or baby grow or a little outfit.

As toddlers would be good to have buggy to take them out in or nap when at home or in garden. Would be good to have a walker more toys etc. I would love the option to bathe todlers and changing table to come back. They could dance if music is on, draw/colour in.

I think the whole thing could be made more life like. So you do have the options bottle/breast, they can sleep in your bed, car seats, you have the interaction to make bottles. Really need to have nannys(or day care) babysitters are fine for a 1 off but if the sim works arn't good enough. If you had daycare it could be somewhere in the nhood and you have to drop baby/todlers off, children go straight from school unless there is a teen in the house. You can adopt a baby but can't put your up for adoption. If the parents arn't married should have the option when naming the baby whos surname they get. If they are woohooing then there is a chance to fall pregnant. If the childs father leave or doesn't live with the mother should have some obligation(money, time, etc).

Maybe not ideal for young plays but teens woohooing( again with a chance they will fall pregnant) so sims who don't want a baby don't woohoo or take the risk. if they are pregnant can go ahead, if they can't afford daycare or have an adult sim who can care for th baby having to drop out of school(and don't graduate)or have baby adopted and have same interacts as if some1 close dies so other sims can console them etc.
  • Options
    UMKatesUMKates Posts: 811 New Member
    edited September 2010
    OP you should turn this into a petition

Signed !
  • Options
    UMKatesUMKates Posts: 811 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Brenbaybee wrote:
    We need: 1) Strollers! & 2) Maternity clothes category in Create a Sim (no more moms stuck in highheels for pregnancy)
    i agree !
  • Options
    CLM1227CLM1227 Posts: 517 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I love this idea. Honestly, who puts their baby down on the ground outside a bookstore?

Huh...I do this all the time...is that not safe or something? I always wondered why people kept giving me strange, disapproving looks...
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited September 2010
    Strollers sure are needed!!
    I would absolutely love to see my Sims push strollers down the street. She just had triplets, so it would definitely be harder for her to carry all of them...unless of course her teenagers carry them for her (she now has 6 kids total!!)

Ooo! Some strollers could be double ones, and even triple for the triplets and twins. Both styles of one in front of the other and side by side! I also want maybe something cute dangling inside for the baby/toddler to look at :mrgreen:.
  • Options
    katie200katie200 Posts: 53
    edited September 2010
    i think it a great idear we need them in the sims they should put them in or eve
    n so you could download one from the store if they dont want to do a ep on them but i think it would be great
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top