Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need Prams/Strollers

So I had my sim invite one of his friends to hang out at the bookstore. When she arrived, she was carrying her baby. She proceded to place the baby on the sidewalk and converse with my sim.

There should be prams/strollers in the game. Seeing this is just weird. Anyone else think so?

Comments

• Options
    KDavidson828KDavidson828 Posts: 71 Member
    edited June 2009
    I would absolutely love to see my Sims push strollers down the street. She just had triplets, so it would definitely be harder for her to carry all of them...unless of course her teenagers carry them for her (she now has 6 kids total!!)
  • Options
    xvmorsmordrexvmorsmordre Posts: 35 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Lovely idea. :]
  • Options
    thegroovy1thegroovy1 Posts: 228 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah! So true! "Oh look, there is Bob! I am going to drop my baby and go talk to him!" lol hahaha that'd be a funny life.

I do like how they sims can hold the babies will watching TV, I think thats pretty cool. They can now multi-task. I think thats the only thing that they can do when holding their baby. :-)
  • Options
    CleoTheMuseCleoTheMuse Posts: 143 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I love this idea. Honestly, who puts their baby down on the ground outside a bookstore?
  • Options
    Mamma_StumonMamma_Stumon Posts: 186 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I totally agree, strollers are awesome and even for the single mom who wants to take a morning jog the day after delivery of her triplets, she can just buy a jogging stroller (with one wheel in the front) and load up the kids for a nice jog around town. I think that it would also be neat-o if they added in the "show off the new babies to the neighbors" option for new sim mommies and daddies. They could take the new bundle(s) of joy for a walk around the Nhood and all the neighbors could come out of their houses and coo at the baby(ies). Cute.
  • Options
    kneal007kneal007 Posts: 205 Member
    edited June 2009
    i saw that too. why didnt they think of a stroller especially now that you can take your baby w/ you? maybe none of the game creators have children in real life
  • Options
    HaydiesHaydies Posts: 119 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I love this idea. Honestly, who puts their baby down on the ground outside a bookstore?

Who leaves a baby on the sidewalk ANYWHERE? Not just outside a bookstore ROFL!

My sim did this too. I took her and the baby to the park and she kept leaving her on the ground.

PLEASE give us strollers!! With such a fluid neighbourhood and the drive to make our sims move around, it makes sense to be able to push a stroller.

Please please please give us strollers! 4 wheelers and 3 wheelers too please - since we're asking. :D
  • Options
    SympleSymSympleSym Posts: 124 New Member
    edited June 2009
    o.O baby strollers! Good idea! Recom!
  • Options
    jenpow01jenpow01 Posts: 28 Member
    edited June 2009
    I hope they do have a children's stuff pack planned. I had posted my wish for the strollers and the interaction to be able to check out the baby, while mom is walking,or out on the picnic, on the TS2 forum, just before they announced the delay of TS3. Hope that is one of the first things they do. It would make the game much better. Although the attention to detail in this game pleases me on everything else.
  • Options
    Danni1Danni1 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah I think we need nanny's too, my baby nearly died because of a babysitter.
  • Options
    BrenbaybeeBrenbaybee Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    We need: 1) Strollers! & 2) Maternity clothes category in Create a Sim (no more moms stuck in highheels for pregnancy)
  • Options
    PinkMeyer015PinkMeyer015 Posts: 223 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Danni1 wrote:
    Yeah I think we need nanny's too, my baby nearly died because of a babysitter.

I Love The Idea Of Babysitters For A Short Period Of Time.... But I Think A Nanny Or At Least A Day Care Setting For When Parents Are Working... Honestly How Realistic Is It To Have A Teen Sim Come And Baby Sit Your Child At 10am On A Monday Morning....Shouldn't This Teen Be In School.
  • Options
    pooh68893pooh68893 Posts: 49 New Member
    edited June 2009
    that a great idea i would love to see that in the sims 3 pushing the prams/strollers and we need a nanny or better babysitter there lazy mine was so hungry it was freaky and more baby toys as well plz 8)
  • Options
    RuneRune Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2009

This person:

fail-owned-parenting-fail2.jpg?w=500&h=363

And yeah, strollers would be fantastic! So would a play pen or baby walker so kids could learn to walk by themselves.
  • Options
    ChocolotiChocoloti Posts: 328 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree, strolers would be good. I'd also like a rocking chair for mothers to rock a baby to sleep in. And a toy store somewhere in the town for a child to buy more than the four toys that come with the toy box would be nice too.
  • Options
    Juniormints74Juniormints74 Posts: 288 Member
    edited June 2009
    I love this idea! We definitely need strollers in this game. Hopefully they'll come out with a baby/toddler stuff pack and give us the goods :lol:!
  • Options
    MusicLover7404MusicLover7404 Posts: 47 New Member
    edited June 2009
    GH *squeal* love the idea. and the Parenting fail picture. That. was hilarous.
  • Options
    Ceeecee3Ceeecee3 Posts: 789 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Once,my sims went to her friends' house and there was her newborn baby, right on the floor. I was like 🐸🐸🐸🐸? LOL
    I LOVE the idea of strollers. And what about carseats for the cars? Of course they'd actually have to fix the car animations beacuse they are a bit weird
  • Options
    Tenshi3Tenshi3 Posts: 2,653 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Totally makes sense, no reason having a seamless neighbourhood toddlers can't explore.

I think Sims should be able to do more interactions whilst holding their baby too, but that's another matter I feel.
  • Options
    CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Yes, I agree. It's unrealistic to not have a stroller/pram for the babies. While I think it should have been included in the base game we can wait and watch if it comes later. : )
  • Options
    ChelluvChelluv Posts: 14 New Member
    edited July 2009
    YES~ Strollers! great Idea, also maybe a play pen that they could actually do stuff in like play with toys
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    edited July 2009
    Chelluv wrote:
    YES~ Strollers! great Idea, also maybe a play pin that they could actually do stuff in like play with toys

you mean play pen not play pin.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    KeithUrbangrl09KeithUrbangrl09 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Strollers would be awesome. And I like the car seat idea too. Honestly, if a single mom or a stay at home mom wanted to go somewhere with her baby, she spent all that money on a car, just to call a taxi. The toddlers should be able to go in the pool with mommy or daddy too.
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited July 2009
    Lol the Fail pic and Lol the putting babies down on the sidewalk.
    Seriously though what a stupid thing for them to do.
    Since they can now wander around the neighbourhood at will they NEED some transportation for babies (and toddlers).

Frankly it sounds like the young Sim familes are getting a hard time (still) right from pregnancy (re. High heels).Give them some stuff they can use and do, they are an important part of Sim life (and real life for that matter)
  • Options
    ElioraEliora Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I would like to see alternate parenting options / choices: bottle/breast, crib/co-sleep, stroller/sling, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top