Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Ohhhh NOOOOOOOO!"

The title of my thread is the sound my daughter made when we opened up The Sims just a few minutes ago.

The beginning of our Simming session was delayed while our game was patched...and this is where the "horror" began.

Z and I are both fully aware that if we choose to add mods and custom content to our game, we run certain risks. Still, both of us--Z in particular--love to find CC clothing pieces for our Sims. Most of our favorite Sims, therefore, have at least one piece of CC.

I suppose we've been very lucky, but it seems that most of the latest patches didn't have any effect on much of our CC collection. This one, however, did. Now our game is sprinkled with bald, barefoot Sims in their underwear. Tonight's Sims session will be devoted to makeovers. Hopefully Z will get caught up in the moment and enjoy it.

I know, I know. Caveat utilitor. :s
Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
Yevsas mairzeemo!

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,873 Member
    Every cc user can relate to those moments.🙂 Mine are always self-inflicted. Happens every time I clean out my mods folder.🤣
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    @DaniRose2143 We've had to pull a Sim or two or three into CAS to stop them from running around town without pants on, but this is the worst it's ever been for us! One of our "main characters" has ONE outfit that hasn't been affected: the board shorts he wears for swimming.

Unless you count his hair, which we had to add back when we re-did his Everyday look.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,663 Member
    Bless. That's either a disaster or a chance for a do-over. Did you have several patches go through? I didn't think this last one affected much cc.
  • Options
    @cyncie We might have had several patches go through, because we hadn't played in Online mode very much. We're choosing to see it as a do-over.

And we just discovered a way to soften the blow considerably. We checked our Gallery, and the Sims we have saved there are all sporting their CC clothing and hairstyles. We can delete the hairless underwear-only Simmies from our save and replace them with the versions we have saved in our Gallery. Some of them have skills, because they were created to fill particular roles in a story.

We're only going to completely make over our main Sims, the ones we've played in this save. They have acquired skills, and some of them have careers.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,579 Member
    You can evade this from happening in the future by reenabling your mods without saving your game before restarting after you get the notification that mods have been disabled with the latest patch. There's also a chance you might be able to recover a previous save. There are always prior save versions saved in your saves folder.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    83bienchen wrote: »
    You can evade this from happening in the future by reenabling your mods without saving your game before restarting after you get the notification that mods have been disabled with the latest patch. There's also a chance you might be able to recover a previous save. There are always prior save versions saved in your saves folder.

Thanks for that helpful suggestion, @83bienchen. That will make things much easier from now on. This time, we're getting a few chuckles about spotting Sims who chose to step out without pants on...usually because we found a few pairs of jeans for men and women we really like and dressed quite a few Sims in them. :)
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,601 Member
    edited November 2022
    The title of my thread is the sound my daughter made when we opened up The Sims just a few minutes ago.

The beginning of our Simming session was delayed while our game was patched...and this is where the "horror" began.

Z and I are both fully aware that if we choose to add mods and custom content to our game, we run certain risks. Still, both of us--Z in particular--love to find CC clothing pieces for our Sims. Most of our favorite Sims, therefore, have at least one piece of CC.

I suppose we've been very lucky, but it seems that most of the latest patches didn't have any effect on much of our CC collection. This one, however, did. Now our game is sprinkled with bald, barefoot Sims in their underwear. Tonight's Sims session will be devoted to makeovers. Hopefully Z will get caught up in the moment and enjoy it.

I know, I know. Caveat utilitor. :s

Did you save your game? Always, always, ALWAYS pull your Mods folder before a Patch. Keep the auto-update turned off in Origin. (Although, I did notice, once, that EA had other plans, as when I powered up my game and it was already patching!) I freaked. I quickly hit pause on the patching business and checked Origin it was still toggled off on the auto-update or whatever it's called. I was furious. Happily, I rolled back a save. I always do a Save As whenever I resume play. I also had to replace all of my mods, as half of them were missing!

Also, whenever you see bald Sims in your game, exit without saving. Return your Mods folder to the game folder. Then when you get back into your game make certain you go into Options>Gameplay>Other and allow for cc and script mods. You may have to exit again, WITHOUT SAVING. Upon returning to your game, your Sims should have their hair back and whatever else was missing.

If you saved, then return your Mods folder, and activate them via the options above. You will have to take them into cas.fulleditmode and replace their hair. It's a pain, but from now on, keep track of when a patch is to be dropped (like a bomb) on you. Pull your Mods folder, first thing. Then let the game update.

I'm so sorry you had to go through this. Been there, done that, too. I was like your daughter, Z, the very first time it happened to me. I was playing my 18th century save and not only were some of my Sims bald, but also naked. :open_mouth:

This last go-around despite having removed the Mods folder, I did notice Erik had been stripped of his written songs, his albums and his personal bank account. (I use the Simsrealist SNB banking system, since his brothers still live with him.) This way all three brothers have their own money, no co-mingling and having to go through mathematic gymnastics as to who has what when the two brothers move out. It was decidedly weird. Ultimately, I rolled back two saves, I think it was to find where Erik still had his royalties available. I wish to thank EA so very much for putting me through this ringer!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,939 Member
    I have never used any CC, but interestingly, I have had the same effect after installing the patch.

It was with one of the new pants that Parenthood brought. For some reason, it got masculine and feminine tag removed from it, thus making it hidden unless both filters are removed. Plus all the icons for color swatches were gray.
    It got fixed in one patch fortunately, but when it got broken, all sims that were wearing it were suddenly wearing their underwear as their pants.
    These are the pants in question:
    zczttmzea5gp.png