Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

would you play rene as a subscribtion ?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    no
    Nope. It just wouldn't make financial sense to me. I don't want an extra bill on top of my other bills to start, but also. I go MONTHS without playing sometimes and paying monthly for something that is just sitting would infuriate me. I would end up cancelling it anyways.
  • Options
    BuildModeBuildMode Posts: 23 Member
    edited July 2023
    no
    My playstyle is so inconsistent that, for me, a subscription wouldn't be justifiable.
    Post edited by BuildMode on
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited September 2023
    no
    Not worth it as I see it and another way to milk the cow and that is my opinion and maybe a way to charge for features that once came to the series before Sims 4 without paying extra for it.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2023
    no
    No but that $4.99 a month to play an EA game might have been one of my considerations way back in TS4. I really enjoyed TS4 for a few years with Vampires, Parenthood etc. But then Maxis went in a social direction forgetting gameplay and started pushing things outside of actual gameplay. EPs and GPs started becoming less about gameplay and more about clutter and set dressing. Less about life and more about the avatar. They lost me when snow was just an idea instead of seen as depth on the ground. There were several packs I considered even though I didn't like their direction of Simself play they kept pushing, but it only took a day or two to realize each one after Parenthood (5 years ago) was chocked full of bugs of even the main selling features. No, EA/Maxis takes the money to fix later which never happens.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PotsaePotsae Posts: 79 Member
    no
    I'm only interested in single players that you can actually buy and enjoy offline in the cabin in the middle of the woods at any time afterwards, not some crazy situationship with controlling game publisher.
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    no
    I said no, but maybe....
    It really depends on the cost, what they offer and how much I want it.
    But for now, I say no.
  • Options
    eastm1steastm1st Posts: 1 New Member
    no
    > @comicsforlife said:
    > they were talking about doing this

It would depend. if it was a subscription to be able to purchase things from creators (like how youtube/tiktok have creator funds) I would. But if to just get access to the base game/gameplay than no. I used to play when I was a little poor kid and my parents would never have been able to afford a subscription and The Sims honestly brought me so much happiness.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    no
    artistju wrote: »
    It's a no for me, I have to pay for so many subscriptions already. I'd like to be able to play the game without worrying if I'd be able to play it next month because of lack of funds.

me to
    Nope. It just wouldn't make financial sense to me. I don't want an extra bill on top of my other bills to start, but also. I go MONTHS without playing sometimes and paying monthly for something that is just sitting would infuriate me. I would end up cancelling it anyways.

same
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    stylesdrukstylesdruk Posts: 27 Member
    no
    Only if it's an MMORPG is it allowed to touch discussions of a subscription. Non-MMORPGs are not allowed to charge me subscriptions because they are not providing a service.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    I’ve thought abut this a lot and I really don’t know my answer. In principle I don’t like the subscription model, but I know this is the way everything is going so I probably just need to get used to it. Maybe there are even some advantages to it. But I have some questions that I’d need answers to before deciding for Project Rene:
    • How much will it be? If it’s too much for my budget, then that’s that.
    • What happens if you want to stop subscribing for a while - do you keep the content you already have, or do you no longer have the game? And what if you then wanted to start again after a break - do you miss out forever on the content that came out during your break in subscription? Or how do you catch up?
    • Are you locked into getting all the content - which means all updates and all new EPs/whatever, with all their bugs as soon as they come out? What if you don’t want some content (e.g. occults)? What if you want to wait a while before getting new content to make sure any game-breaking bugs are fixed first?
    • I like to get packs in sales, but does having a subscription mean no more sales?
    Maybe the ideal would be both models running together: a subscription for those who like to get everything straight away, but alongside the current model where you buy content when you’re ready. Then you could opt out of the subscription for a while if you wanted and revert to the current model, and vice versa. But I guess that’s probably unlikely to happen.

So I shall just wait to see how it works out in practice, and how players react to it, before deciding whether it works for me.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    no
    I go months without playing, and I really don't want to bother with cancelling and starting a sub frequently. I just end up paying for something I don't use. And I already pay for an MMORPG sub, and that's quite enough for me.
  • Options
    WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
    yes
    i said yes because i played sims online loved it
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    no
    Already planning to jump ship for Life By You, which means I probably won't bother with TS5, unless they do something REALLY special. Adding a subscription fee would NOT be it.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    no
    Absolutely not. Yes, the price of DLCs adds up. But subscriptions also very much do. Big time. For a million reasons, there’s just no way I’d pay a subscription to play The Sims. The biggest one being that there’s just no way they wouldn’t charge as much as they possibly can for it, and as much as the cost of DLCs right now makes me :#, a high-priced subscription would just cross a line and be more than I could stomach. I could easily see them charging $15 a month if they went the subscription route, which would be the equivalent of buying a full-price EP every 3 months, and then some.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    no
    Ayradyss wrote: »
    Already planning to jump ship for Life By You, which means I probably won't bother with TS5, unless they do something REALLY special. Adding a subscription fee would NOT be it.

I feel the same way-I'm not even going to bother with Sims 5. As for Sims 4, I'll probably switch to Life By You once the game comes out in September.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    no
    Wispye wrote: »
    i said yes because i played sims online loved it

I played TSO also, and later EAland. I had lots of fun there, and was sorry it all crashed and burned. I don't know, I might be looking at that time with rose tinted glasses, because I don't think that time will ever come back. It was all about the people, just wouldn't be the same. Besides, I found making money was difficult, unless you were hosting a really popular house, and not much else to do but keep skills up.

I doubt they're going that way again.
  • Options
    epigirl08epigirl08 Posts: 219 Member
    no
    I distinctly remember when TS4 was advertised and I, naïvely, advocated to trust that it would fulfill our expectations and not to judge it before it was released. After all, TS3 was amazing, despite crashing every hour and not being able to play with all the EPs purchased if you wanted a smooth game, and the constant cash grabs...

I'm not doing it again. My eyes are open and TS5 is going to be horrible. Free to play? OK. Suuuurrreeee. You want that top for your sim? $5. Hairstyle? Another $5. By the end of one CAS session you'll have handed EA $100. Or yeah, a monthly sub for everything, except the *special loot boxes* or some bull. You think spending over $1k is bad on TS4? Wait until a sub based sims game comes out and watch your paycheck disappear.
  • Options
    BelalucinaBelalucina Posts: 843 Member
    no
    Absolutely not.
    Just in case no one has told you today, you are loved. <3
  • Options
    Diamondback7TCDiamondback7TC Posts: 20 Member
    yes
    I would play Sims 5 with an EA subscription if needed, yes. Or, with a Sims 5 specific subscription. But, only if it's a cheap subscription. I would be willing to pay from $2 to $10 per month to play.
  • Options
    johnny33johnny33 Posts: 91 Member
    edited August 2023
    no
    They already lost me by chopping up expansion packs into smaller money grabs with TS4. The series seems to have gone full on corporate without giving the charm the series used to have with TS1 and TS2