Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pastel Pop and Everyday Clutter Kits Available Now!

Comments

• Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I really hope all the new small clutter items have a small footprint so they can be put on small surfaces like wall shelves.

98% of all the small decor/clutter items currently in game have either a medium footprint or a large one (when they should have a small footprint), which means they can't be placed on any of the small surfaces (like shelving) without having to resort to using the number 9 and 0 keys to cheat the object 'onto' a surface... And many times you still can't get the correct surface height anyways, so then you have to resort to using a CC cheat (like PictureAmoeba's OMSP red shelf) to place the object at the right height it needs to be so it can at least look like it's sitting directly on the surface (even though it's not).

It's very frustrating and wastes a lot of time and effort when you're building/decorating.

Is there any hope the devs will eventually update and change the footprint size on all the current small items in the game so they can be properly placed on small surfaces like shelves, bookshelves, wall shelves, small tables, etc?
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member

I think pastel pop will be the second kit I buy.I might buy it with the vac cleaner kit.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I am in love <3 These two kits look amazing :)
  • Options
    RuxieCat121RuxieCat121 Posts: 20 Member
    Some of the pastel items are really cute but I wouldn't buy a whole pack for them. I might be more inclined to get the clutter pack... however seeing so much clutter all in one photo gives me anxiety lol. :D
  • Options
    Kai252018Kai252018 Posts: 76 Member
    edited November 2022
    Will the sims be able to interact or at least notice that they have new items ๐Ÿค”

Of course not, lol the sims are not that smart.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I wish more of the clutter in this game would actually be usable instead of just for show, though.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    This new pastel kit is super cute!
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I'll be getting them both. I love clutter.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I like a room that is more stream-lined. Too much clutter, or as I like to call it Knick-knacks, can make a room look cluttered. To me, the word clutter means too much crammed into too small a space. As for the Pastel Pop, what is that? I do like the armchair they showed. Might be worth if just for that.

Actually, since my Christmas shopping is basically done, I may purchase both. Having new stuff in the game can provide incentive to play. Why not?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    I really hope all the new small clutter items have a small footprint so they can be put on small surfaces like wall shelves.

98% of all the small decor/clutter items currently in game have either a medium footprint or a large one (when they should have a small footprint), which means they can't be placed on any of the small surfaces (like shelving) without having to resort to using the number 9 and 0 keys to cheat the object 'onto' a surface... And many times you still can't get the correct surface height anyways, so then you have to resort to using a CC cheat (like PictureAmoeba's OMSP red shelf) to place the object at the right height it needs to be so it can at least look like it's sitting directly on the surface (even though it's not).

It's very frustrating and wastes a lot of time and effort when you're building/decorating.

Is there any hope the devs will eventually update and change the footprint size on all the current small items in the game so they can be properly placed on small surfaces like shelves, bookshelves, wall shelves, small tables, etc?

This is my experience, too. A tiny deco object taking up 1/3 of a coffee table??? Most CC avoid this, and objects can also be placed more freely when they take up less space. Hopefully the clutter in this pack will be optimized for taking up less space.

Btw, I'm interested in the clutter pack, while the pastel pack doesn't really fit with the way I play, seeing a few good items in there too, though.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    They both look cute, but with money being tight, neither are a must have for me right now, I will be waiting to get these probably until next year, Maybe by then we will have a expansion or game pack to buy along side them.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,880 Member
    edited November 2022
    Plumbella
    How I Designed The Sims 4 Pastel Pop Kit With EA

https://youtu.be/gHJxOs5sHm0
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    I got them right away, I have been waiting SO long for a clutter kit and I bought the Pastel Kit to support Plumbella and have more decor for kid's rooms.

First thing I did was go to each and every gym in my template save and add the rolled up yoga mat. Later today, when I have more time, I'll go into every coffee shop and add mugs. I also have a fishing themed rental in Granite Falls that absolutely needs that wall decor.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited November 2022
    Purchased...I'm more into the clutter kit; I can think of lots of places to put many of the items. The only thing I could wish for would be a remote control but oh well.
    Post edited by Simpatsyann on
  • Options
    StreicherStreicher Posts: 31 Member
    I'll definitely buy the clutter kit, but the pastel pop is not for me. It seems very similar to High School Years decor items, I wish they had gone in a different direction with a build kit. I would love more medieval type items or things you can use when starting in a R2R style game
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Passing on both. Seen a few videos.

Pastel isnโ€™t my thing and the kit is too similar in theme to High School Years.

The clutter kit is cute but I would have preferred a gameplay element where neat Sims could tidy up and could nag slob Sims. I love to imagine Eliza nagging Bob about leaving his keys on the side or not taking his cups out. ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! ๐Ÿ˜Šโ˜•๏ธ๐ŸŒž
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,023 Member
    edited November 2022
    I bought both kits. Just added a few things to one of my families' homes. Will do more furnishing later. There are a few smaller items I'm really happy to have.

The inexpensive tablet computer is awesome. I also like the tablet clutter pile on the left.
    y4m4PeEbD9oSpxnJQ6SKSun2gvvSgcHdF2soEyfVt3EqvlWdZ9AV-S5tikA7zWet7jCexps8H_snbfrmDTB1fMblp3ejbAqnpHdpVRmjVl2wPzcAA9C1VYhfdpHmstLiw6wC2bO3rh4UUeTG1K1nlYL-yKF5wtkhEtP6Cig9CfOD5a43Vvc7LJQTCwW-YyrnuiP?width=925&height=521&cropmode=none
    The table-top mirror tray is another great option. The clutter tray on the left will be fun too.
    y4mYLNjhaNK4mMbILdaJeC1XFWaCf8CNmM6BToUWT264B9_CeFeU-x3pVPetE1NAJ21mhHU4RqlfuFvpuzEnG6mD94ljVU3z2kOBeZzV_CjwYpoBMrQ6eruxfJ3-JPKdveaLd3r7JIOG0FLZ6Zy4zfUYyWitViuKBbmjgwFfAuUl5_hszNRy6c1KQhn4x29Fza2?width=925&height=521&cropmode=none
    The small table-top stereo is also a welcome addition.
    y4m89LFnZ7o_fGWgjIszjG7rFZ457y1X0afl8ql08lLUY6VXELNtqqNeN_wu-ytPiT7Qxlz0dBZyueZk2capmWPJiu5p2ONF1bVvN8GfFpfpES9eRtZUix5mSa7hxO3zT66FA575FPh08LrbgaVV55uTED-7iO6Su_TMma_zEK_HIXk_cX6WTRhXYJlTO_L3hYN?width=925&height=521&cropmode=none
    The flower vase on the left and the cups on the right are cute too.
    y4m3FEpIr2J185XGqA5b1AN3ckWVlleW4doywE72UOjIqmAwqj7WwL_95KE05xzH7bPus7RH0OuIHmTN5OJHhUI154xX56oNCQ-g80r4ZFrCRMr9DYWkbwi0BKBT1GHIl_lTGnHP0ayS8zOcnhrnSWkbnaT9XuRigNw3Sj4AuH7IzJbg5BfNUzo9fm6LLJ1-mCX?width=925&height=521&cropmode=none
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    edited November 2022
    People who have the clutter kit-- How many of the little items are, you know, little? (like will fit in the smaller slots on shelves etc without moveobjects cheat)
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited November 2022
    I bought pastel pop. I absolutely love it. It coincided with doing a renovation on my sims house so now im probably over using it ๐Ÿ˜‚. It will be in my top 3 kits with Incheon and the plants I think.

I did not get clutter. I do quite like it and am a bit tempted but I think Iโ€™ll hold for now. Itโ€™s a good kit but Iโ€™m not a clutter person. I would love those mugs for my kitchen counter though.

4318-A034-ECD7-412-E-A77-E-37-A42-D4082-A1.jpg
    1-AACF8-A3-6-DCC-4482-A185-A6-F808-FEC046.jpg
    Post edited by JustinB113 on