Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pastel Pop and Everyday Clutter Kits Available Now!

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Wow. Love these. Clutter kit is a must!! ❤
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    Larger pics of kit items.

Wk3SvYN.png

QrVLxfN.png

2tBfNVk.png

B2eu7BM.png
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I like the idea of the clutter kit, though there's not enough stuff to represent the personalities of the sims I play. I'd have loved to see more books, more mess clutter, house keys on their own, knick-knacks and tchotchkes, maybe even some painting-related stuff.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    These are going on the pile of "things I am not buying yet, but when a sim I'm playing needs it, I'll probably buy", along with Country Kitchen and Moonlight Chic and Carnaval and Modern Menswear and the kids clothing one.
  • Options
    BassenheimZBassenheimZ Posts: 8 New Member
    Which pack has the denture (in the video: Behind The Sims Summit Stream Event video timestamp at 9:31 https://youtu.be/Tmm6h6bHD3o?t=571)?
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited November 2022
    Meanwhile I am not much of a cluttersome pastel pop gal
    I do find strange interest in these items

pastel pop : did they actually see us asking for heart bed over and over and decided to make kit with many heart shaped items?
    hmm curious indeed. I wish those have more :smirk::smirk: red or purple swatches too it would be perfect for a sort of lothario lair
    well, if only we could have the good old heart bed in base game that bed isn't nearly heart enough oh and it might also look nice in black if the swatch does exist hmn

also I live for cow print if theres black and white version of that it might look nice in cow loving alien lair

oh and the wallpaper i love the wallpaper i can never have enough wallpaper

aaand i guess rest might just work in like teen rooms or something even if I am not biggest fan of the wiggle wiggle trend or unneededly tiled items in interior myself

clutter :
    its kind of strange to use all of these items in one room
    so in that way its kind of like um what am i even looking at tho
    but I mean if it was in my game i would probably use it all the time in this or that room as little addition to something
    like do i need it not exactly but i guess it'd be nice

(I'm little sad however that the memory box looking box is not hint to memory system)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The pastel pack is everything I hate about the majority of items that come with this game the clutter pack looks amazing for those who build and decorate. I'm still not getting either as clutter is not why I'm not playing Sims now I have no desire to drop a few items to decorate and exit the game because nothing of value was added I'm so glad kits had nothing to do with stuff packs and did not interfere with them being made at all.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I don't see a huge reason to buy these when the game is in a pretty bad state. They would need to fix wants and fears and sims constantly insulting each other at least.

I don't really feel like building with any kits when build mode is lagging either.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited November 2022
    Which pack has the denture (in the video: Behind The Sims Summit Stream Event video timestamp at 9:31 https://youtu.be/Tmm6h6bHD3o?t=571)?
    It’s possible it could be from either of the 2 EP’s coming next year cause from the items coming in the kits, the dentures are missing
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I noticed that both kits have what looks like chess game boards. I wonder if they are finally thinking about separating the chess game from its table? My sims might finally get into playing chess.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I'll probably get both, but I'm feeling neutral on the Pastel Pop kit. 100% in on the Everyday Clutter kit. Love this.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I've been obsessed with cluttering my houses lately, so that specific kit is exactly what I've been wanting! I was literally thinking the other day about how we need more clutter... and this is awesome!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    LeccaLecca Posts: 126 Member
    I’m living for the new corkboard for postcards!! The cow print!! The salt lamp!! The keys!! The water bottles!! The sneaker box!! I could go on and on!!
  • Options
    edited November 2022
  • Options
    LeccaLecca Posts: 126 Member
    AND they collabed with Plumbella!! My Lunar Isle merch just got here, just in time. Iconic. Doubly excited now!!
  • Options
    candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    edited November 2022
    Oh, I am so happy they collabed with Plumbella! Plumbella is my favorite simmer!
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Larger pics of kit items.

B2eu7BM.png

Hmm... is that the only other postcard board in the game besides the original cork board? It looks a lot nicer than the one I have.

• Options
    Plumbella Partners on the Pastel Pop Kit for The Sims 4
    You Make The Sims featuring Plumbella

Jesse McNamara, widely known as Plumbella excels when it comes to exploring the endless possibilities within The Sims™. Whether they are redesigning an entire world or creating hilarious and in-depth reviews - Plumbella has built a loyal community of Simmers who revel in watching them delve into every chaotic facet The Sims has to offer.

For the upcoming kit, The Sims 4 Pastel Pop, we’ve collaborated with Plumbella who advised our developers and art directors throughout the project. They suggested the theme as well as items that would fit nicely into the kit’s overall aesthetic.

The new Pastel Pop Kit introduces a soft pastel color palette to the game, along with fun, unique patterns of groovy shapes. This kit will offer lots of new furniture, mirrors, decorative “tchotchkes”, shelves, and desk items, designed in an aesthetic Plumbella wishes they could decorate their home with, IRL!

As part of our ongoing You Make The Sims series, we’re continuing to spotlight creators across the world who inspire us and the game we make. We sat down with Plumbella to discuss their involvement with the creation process, their inspiration behind the aesthetic, and their favorite pieces from the kit.

Where did you get the inspiration for the Avante Basic theme?
    There are so many design styles I’m in love with, but a lot of these had already been covered so far in The Sims 4 (for example: so many objects already give off a “I’m being haunted” aesthetic, or “Mr Darcy would definitely sit on that chair!” vibe), so I decided to focus on a design style that’s quite recent: Avant Basic. The juxtaposition of “modern but retro” and “pastel but colourful” aspect of the

What was your favorite part of the creation process?
    My favourite part of the process was definitely watching all of the designs come to life. I’ve dabbled in most things relating to The Sims, from creating stories on The Sims 2: Exchange to recolouring objects in The Sims 4, but designing objects, turning them into meshes and seeing them work in game is an aspect I’ve not had the opportunity to get into before.

How do you see Simmers using this kit? What kind of builds do you envision them creating?
    I really miss the Tiny Home era of The Sims community, so I really hope to see people make studio apartments or tiny homes with all of the objects. There’s a lot of personality and variety in the swatches, so I’m excited to see how people choose to style them and if they’ll style the objects together or separately with other packs.

What is your favorite item from this new kit?
    Every time I think of this question I come up with a new answer because I feel like we’ve worked on this pack together for so long that every item is like my child and I can’t pick a favourite. For practicality purposes, I think the corkboard is absolutely fantastic - I’m big on personal meaning and nostalgia in my gameplay and I’m really excited to give Simmers a new place to store postcards. From a purely aesthetic angle, the new computer resting on a mini easel speaks to me. Perhaps I do have a favourite child and it’s that one.

When you first sat down to collaborate with The Sims team on this kit, what were the items you wanted brought into the game the most? How do you think they'll enhance a Simmer's building experience?
    I knew that whatever theme I landed on for this pack it was a requirement to have a new wallpaper and flooring type because those are the things that can really define a room. I think we’ve definitely brought something new to the game with the two tone paint and I love how the light lands on the carpet during the day.

What other packs do you see this Kit pairing well with?

High School Years and Discover University for sure. The style of Avant Basic definitely caters towards a younger generation, so I can see it really pairing well with any packs that fit in with that.

What type of Sim would use these build/buy items (what traits would they have, give us a little background story)?
    During the development of this pack I wanted to make it a priority to have a wide variety of objects and for each object to have a full range of swatches so they could be used in a variety of contexts without being limited to just one type of Sim or room. As I was thinking of objects to include, I tried to imagine a Sim who is just starting to make their way in life and has moved into a studio.

You're a very successful Sims creator, can you tell you the most interesting parts of this career?
    Undoubtedly the most interesting part is that if people asked what I do for a living, I could say “WooHooing the Grim Reaper” and it wouldn’t be a lie. I’ve been playing The Sims since the year 2000 when it first came out, and I wish I could tell the younger version me (who was really quite odd, didn’t fit in, and sought solace in The Sims franchise) that not only do we get to play our favourite game every day, there’s an entire community of people who actually like that you’re quite odd and don’t fit in.

It’s also very interesting that no matter what stage of life I’ve been at: struggling through secondary school, graduating from University, or even just doing nothing for weeks on end, The Sims has been a constant in my life. I remember drawing a picture to celebrate the release of The Sims 2 and it’s so bizarre to think that now I’m writing these questions to celebrate the release of my own content for The Sims.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/plumbella-partners-on-the-pastel-pop-kit-for-the-sims-4?utm_campaign=sims4_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_plumbella-tw&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=75605&ts=1667427161121

And Plumbella is trending on Twitter!
    rbTTUjC.png
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    The clutter kit is likely the first kit I'll buy. Makes things look more lived in, without the use of the problematic "debug" objects.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm really surprised that both Kits are coming in November. I guess December will have a Big Update.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I love it when they do collaborations and will be buying these kits. I hope they do more collaborations for other packs too. These kits are fun and will add a lot to the game.