Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can't Download Sims 3 DLCs on EA APP

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

This issue should actually be resolved with a server side fix we made on Monday, if you're still seeing this behavior now with the EA app please let me know so I can alert the right teams on our side.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited November 2022
    I'm just glad I have the original boxed sets, I just have to dig them out of storage. And since Origin is retired, they can no longer create new base game links to Origin. However, the DLC all shows up, but my base game itself doesn't work. I even tried installing it through Steam: still no dice. Probably I will have to uninstall and reinstall everything once I get all my DVDs for the game ready. I will have to go through the Sims 3 store for the extra worlds and Sims 3 content though. Or just play it on my older computer, which I unplugged from the internet before the kill switch was activated. And NO, that is not going back online for these very reasons. Plus everything I needed including all the DLC and worlds are already installed on there. Likewise with Sims 2 (and all packs) on my Windows XP computer. I got the Ultimate collection for Sims 2 just because the CDs and DVDs did not run on Windows 10, nor Windows 11, even with compatibility boxes checked. But the whole thing runs great on Win XP. Now if we could just find a decent Windows XP emulator....
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited November 2022
    And no, although it will run the Sims 3 launcher, that Launcher will not run Sims 3. The old Sims 3 launcher needs to either be patched or bypassed. Also, if it does get patched, please add an option to remember user choice when making pack selections.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    Not everything i had when played sims 3 is showing as owned i played showtime but it shows as unowned and none the worlds brought with points show as owned. Still can't install sims 2 ultimate Edition either. I contacted support thanks,
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    bandit5 wrote: »
    Not everything i had when played sims 3 is showing as owned i played showtime but it shows as unowned and none the worlds brought with points show as owned. Still can't install sims 2 ultimate Edition either. I contacted support thanks,

I had to download and install sims2 UC via Origin again first. Now it runs on the ea app quite well actually. I did have 3 running smoothly with all my store content but it has a hiccup or two and sometimes i have to restart the game to get everything to show. Mind the launcher was glitchy before the new app so that may be the hiccup. I am only using the EA app now.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion