Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What am I doing wrong?

I have an actor who is level 10 in acting, 5 stars, level ten in all needed skills, Charisma,Comedy, Singing, Dancing, Guitar and Fitness. He is getting gold on every job. I have been trying for so long to get an award for the aspiration without success. He's going to be an elder soon, and I want to move on to my next generation. I am playing the Career Challenge.

Comments

• Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    I'd say it's probably a glitch with the challenge.

The family I'm currently playing I have the dad be an author, first book he wrote and self published was nominated for an award.
    I'm not playing any scenarios.
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited October 2022
    Is this challenge a scenario? Also how do you know if they are nominated for an award?
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Is this challenge a scenario? Also how do you know if they are nominated for an award?
    No, this is not a scenario. It is a challenge I am playing called Career Legacy. And after a gig, if you make gold you might be nominated for a award. It's a pop up on top right of page I think. But I have been trying for so long. I may have to give the Aspiration up. I did get to 5 stars and thats what Rissella got and she is the maker of the challenge. But I really wanted to finish the Aspiration. At least I was able to put his star down.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    I'd say it's probably a glitch with the challenge.

The family I'm currently playing I have the dad be an author, first book he wrote and self published was nominated for an award.
    I'm not playing any scenarios.

I know in the past there was an issue. I don't know if its back or just bad luck on my part. Oh well, he got his star and had his ceremony.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    I'm not aware of any current issues on this one, if you see it pop up again I would recommend posting in the Game and Mod/CC Issues forum on AHQ so we can open a ticket :)
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited October 2022
    idk i don't play with mods but i found it almost impossible to get accolade for Bella Goth Global Superstar Actor level 10 with golden gigs and nominations as well

the only way i managed to get her one was to cheat fame down on every randomized sim that walked in during accolades cause i noticed the sims that spawned would get the award like 99% of the time instead of pre existing famous sims
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Does it have to be an acting award? I noticed that many of my sims that are just starting out as artists will get nominated for their first or second work. Try have your sims write a book and publish it, or record a vlog, maybe that will get them the nomination.

@Simmingal You're nice to those sims! In my game everyone who spawns for the accolades and isn't a pre-existing sim gets deleted on the spot.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    Does it have to be an acting award? I noticed that many of my sims that are just starting out as artists will get nominated for their first or second work. Try have your sims write a book and publish it, or record a vlog, maybe that will get them the nomination.

@Simmingal You're nice to those sims! In my game everyone who spawns for the accolades and isn't a pre-existing sim gets deleted on the spot.

oh they do get deleted from household management after :lol: just that i can't do it while playing my sims unless i plan to make it a funeral
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,852 Member
    You're not alone with this problem. I've been playing actresses and authors for as long as both careers have existed and have only managed a nomination a handful of times. My actresses always earn gold, it is crazy how easy it is to do, and they can't get a nomination to save their lives. My current author has written 9 novels, every one a bestseller and not a single nomination.