Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teens can have multiple part-time jobs now!

mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
I didn't think we could do this, but I guess we can.
Mara hated her landscaping job and took a job as a streamer instead. I didn't bother quitting the landscaping job because I thought it would auto-quit when she got the streamer job. Instead, they both showed on her career panel. Then I manually chose "quit job" and got this
quit.png

So yeah, she has two part-time jobs, and if she wants to quit one (she did) she can quit one but not the other in this handy dandy window (she did.)

Comments

• Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    Oh, I love that feature! I've always wanted to be able to get multiple jobs. I wonder if adults can do this too.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I believe this was added when island living was adding new part time careers and part time careers because available for adults as well. I have definitely been able to combine two part time jobs for adults. Some part time careers have an early and a late shift so you can combine them more easily.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Me trying to figure out how a sim can have 2 part time jobs AND school AND a social life lol ☠☠☠☠
    That's pretty cool though!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    i guess its cause they did school as "career" and didn't want sims dropping it to have part time job
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Currently, my YA has a job while he awaits his three younger Teen siblings to finish HS, so they can all dorm together at Britechester-U. His only sister is already an Archaeologist and authenticates, on the side, so she's building up a nice nest-egg for herself. Yeah, she's a Teen but she's got mad skills and has attained level 10 in that field. His next younger brother, is on his way to becoming a Rock Star, and is also gathering Simoleons like there's no tomorrow. Currently, it's the last of summer for the Teens. I gave them the 14 days off. They will start the Fall semester on the first Tuesday in the Fall. So, they can achieve what they need to achieve and do 'maintenance' during school.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    @JaiSea I knew it was an option for adults, as long as the schedules didn't conflict, but didn't know teens could do it.
    @Atreya33 That makes sense. Maybe the odd job thing in Island Living contributed too? (I don't have the pack so don't really know) Makes me wonder too if you can combine a work-from-home career and a part-time job.
    @Babykittyjade Two words: vacation days o:)
    @Simmingal Could be. I could have sworn this wasn't an option for teens before though.
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    @mightysprite Oh, okay... thank you, I did not know that!
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Oh, this sounds like it could be a fun thing. How far can you push a teen Sim before they flip out and . . . . ________ . . . . fill in the blank.
    I'm gonna have them work 2 part-time jobs and go to school. Wonder how long before they flip out.