Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mini Missions with Points Legacy

HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member

Game Set-up and Rules:

I'm looking for Simmers to join me in some stick-with-it fun! I can't seem to stop starting over!!! I need a support group to help me stick with it.

So, here's how I'm hoping this thread will work:

Start a new game with a brand new sim with the Making Money scenario. Any age that can live on their own. Any size empty lot. Nothing changed in the world, no sims deleted etc, none of your old beloved builds. FRESH START

CAS
Use Base Game Only and only one plain as Jane outfit, to be repeated for every category...I'm doing plain jeans with white plumbob shirt and flip flops.

Game:
Now, the game begins with 0 points and everyone is welcome to post Mini Missions. Mini missions can be very very small goals, like "try every flavor of ice cream on the ice cream maker" or "max skill in guitar" or "create 3 outfits using Cats and Dogs pack". Anything goes, but it must remain in the game you created at the beginning of posting here. Otherwise, points start over at 0! Every Mini Mission that is posted grants 5 points to anyone who completes it (no need for proof...just plain fun...although if you want bragging rights, feel free to post pics).

All packs, all kinds of challenges welcome. They can be build challenges, skill challenges, relationship challenges, pack based challenges...anything goes. Skip at will and have fun, but keep a tally of your running point total and date you started your new game. If you get a new pack, you are free to go back and complete challenges you skipped. Maybe something was impossible for you when you began, but now you know how. Points remain available. A new generation that hasn't been there, done that, is a new opportunity to redo a Mini Mission, if desired.

The goal...stick with the same game.

Please keep one mini mission to one comment.

Rules:
Start fresh as explained above.
Dress new sim plainly to begin.
Post as many mini missions as you want, but please don't spam. At least complete your own before posting more.
Start with aging off, but changing settings like this can absolutely be a mini mission.
No cheats except move objects on.

Let's see how long we can keep this running!
Thanks, Tabitha

Spamming Rules:
Edited to add:
(this was posted in another comment; added here so it's easy to find)

I would like to tweak the rules on spamming. No one has spammed, at all, but I feel like someone was worried about it.
So...
Updating everyone on the details of what's going on in your game is not spamming. Please participate all you want to!! I love reading them and honestly, if someone doesn't, it's very very easy to skim past.

I said in the beginning, not to post another mini mission, until you have finished the one you've already posted. I'm finding this really hard to do, since I posted one that is taking forever to complete. So, I'm going to say, keep it to a limit of 3 at a time. No limit on how many you can post in the long run, but don't post more than 3 of your own, at one time. Once you complete one, you're free to post another. I like having a lot...I just want to prevent one person coming in here and posting like 20 mini's in a row, who hasn't even done anyone else's.

Therefore,
Posting more than 3 mini missions at a time IS Spamming, unless
1. You have completed at least one of your own, before posting another
2. You have, at least, completed one mini posted by someone else, before posting another

I LOVE seeing all of your progress!! Please continue posting. I love love love all of the comments. Happy Simming. I can't WAIT to see your mini missions today!!
Post edited by HomeMama on

Comments

• Options
    First Mini Mission:

(5 points)
    Favorite all pre-made sims in your game, save and name your Points game. Make sure aspirations show 0 if this is available to you.
  • Options
    Finished setting up my game.

Started Kat Ingram (my new sim) on Aug 15, 2022; I'm at 5 points and I can't wait to complete someone else's mission.

Mini mission:
    (5 points)
    Harvest at least one Snapdragon and one Bluebell from the wild (no events or festivals) and bring one of each to perfection.
  • Options
    MossyMeowMossyMeow Posts: 54 Member
    This is such an interesting concept! I’ll have to try it.

Mission: Greet different sims with every type of introduction (friendly, funny, and rude, as well as respectful if you have SE) in your home neighborhood.
  • Options
    MossyMeow wrote: »

Mission: Greet different sims with every type of introduction (friendly, funny, and rude, as well as respectful if you have SE) in your home neighborhood.

Yay! Going to start doing that right now. thanks
  • Options

I don't know if I've ever done rude, but it was funny. I'll have to wait for Cheerful Introduction and Enchanted Introduction (I don't remember how I got to that one before). Are there any others?
  • Options
    WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member
    edited August 2022
    Friendly, funny, rude, flirty, cheerful, enchanting, polite, and respectful are all the different introductions ;)
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

• Options
    Friendly, funny, rude, flirty, cheerful, enchanting, polite, and respectful are all the different introductions ;)

Flirty was the one I was forgetting! I finished this one...thanks @MossyMeow and @WinterKhirin

My sim's at 10 points.
  • Options
    Mission:
    Befriend at least one of each occult type (ghost, vampire, alien, werewolf, spellcaster, and mermaid)

and you're welcome :) happy to help!
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Enchanting introduction is unlocked at level eight of the charisma skill, I believe, in case anyone was curious.
  • Options
    Mission:
    Befriend at least one of each occult type (ghost, vampire, alien, werewolf, spellcaster, and mermaid)

and you're welcome :) happy to help!

Ah! I've NEVER done this before! I don't have werewolves yet, but I'll get the rest in. Thank you!!
  • Options
    Enchanting introduction is unlocked at level eight of the charisma skill, I believe, in case anyone was curious.

Yes, thank you!
  • Options
    @MossyMeow and @WinterKhirin Do spell casters end up revealing themselves? Or do you ask them at some point if they are? (please don't tell me who is!) I don't think I'll count the points on this one until I buy the werewolves pack, but I'm going to get a head start on it. It's taking me forever to get two perfect plants. As soon as I do, I'll be back to give a mission.

Is anyone else trying this out in game? If not, thanks for at least giving me stuff to work on!
  • Options
    NOOOOOOO! I went to the restroom irl and my sim died!!! She wasn't doing anything of significance, either. Just at home visiting with friends. What?! Now I have to start over. Ugh.
  • Options
    Had to start over...sim died without heirs.

Legacy Annabelle Starr start date Aug. 17, 2022

Mini Missions so far:

Set up game 5pts
    Harvest Snapdragon and Bluebell from wild and bring both to perfect-in progress
    Greet with every kind of introduction-in progress
    Befriend each occult type-in progress

Total points so far: 5
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited August 2022

My Mini Mission:
    With 14 day seasons, delete all default holidays and create 1 custom holiday per season (4 total)

Here is my beginning Sim:
    Lizette Lions (teen)
    Total points so far: 5
    Lions_-_Household_-_591x394.png

08-17-22_9-26-08_PM.png?width=1191&height=670
    Twin Oracle Point (Newcrest) 50x40

Thanks for creating this fun thread!
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    HomeMama wrote: »
    @MossyMeow and @WinterKhirin Do spell casters end up revealing themselves? Or do you ask them at some point if they are? (please don't tell me who is!) I don't think I'll count the points on this one until I buy the werewolves pack, but I'm going to get a head start on it. It's taking me forever to get two perfect plants. As soon as I do, I'll be back to give a mission.

Is anyone else trying this out in game? If not, thanks for at least giving me stuff to work on!

If you have Eco Lifestyle, try to increase the eco footprint to green. Your plants go up in quality in no time.
  • Options
    @Rawla Awesome!! I love it! Thank you
  • Options

If you have Eco Lifestyle, try to increase the eco footprint to green. Your plants go up in quality in no time.

Oh cool idea! Thanks
  • Options
    Actually, that’s a good idea for a mission: increase your eco footprint to either green or industrial.
  • Options
    edited August 2022

I'm not sure if they do or not. Might just have to go to the realm and go based off of your own knowledge of who the for sure spellcasters are. I'm sorry I'm not much help on that part >.<

Also, I can't believe your sim died on you! How rude!

• Options

I'm not sure if they do or not. Might just have to go to the realm and go based off of your own knowledge of who the for sure spellcasters are. I'm sorry I'm not much help on that part >.<

Also, I can't believe your sim died on you! How rude!

Right?! How dare she. Sigh
    Most of them have some way of revealing...it'll be fun to see. Right now I live in the magical village (don't remember the name). Working on several of them at once, and have a ghost friend. It's a really fun mission.
  • Options
    Actually, that’s a good idea for a mission: increase your eco footprint to either green or industrial.

Yikes, I've never done that before. I'll have to look up some stuff. I know there's flooring and paint, and a windmill that can help. I've got my plants covered now so that they'll still be alive next season. Getting plants to perfect quality takes way longer than I remember.
  • Options
    @Rawla I love your sim! She's so cute. How do you post a picture?

I completed deleting preset holidays and making a new one for each season. I chose Hannakah, Independence Day, Easter, and Feast of Trumpets

Annabelle Starr is at 10 pts
  • Options
    Mini Mission:
    Create makeup looks for each category for your sim in CAS (repeats are fine), pick a hair you love from any pack, and add nails to fingers and toes.
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited August 2022
    @Rawla I love your sim! She's so cute. How do you post a picture?

I completed deleting preset holidays and making a new one for each season. I chose Hannakah, Independence Day, Easter, and Feast of Trumpets

Annabelle Starr is at 10 pts

Thanks so much! I personally chose to open a discord server I and I alone use. The channels in my private discord server are for each challenge I play. (Notes, links, ideas, etc.) There is an option to upload pics to the discord. Once there, I click on the pics, then 'copy link'. Then put that link here between [img*]link here[/img] (without the *). I hope that helps. You're already up to 10 points? Congrats!

@MossyMeow I do like the idea of trying to change the eco footprint. I'll have to turn eco option on again and see how it goes.