Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where are wants & fears?

I've updated my game but can't see wants & fears anywhere - I just have whims showing up as normal. Where should I be looking to see them?

Also I believe that the moon phase has an affect on Sims. Is that all Sims or just certain ones? Is there anywhere in the game where you can find out what benefits are occurring at any given time? I can't find any details about them in the game.

Comments

• Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I find wants and fears at the same place above sims heads as before. What I don't like is, that I can't cancel them if I want to.
  • Options
    smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited July 2022
    Wants look almost exactly like whims. You can still pin ones you want to do, but you can't cancel ones you don't like (like one of my sims wanted to try for baby with his wife... NO THANKS). They will eventually cycle out, but I haven't really paid enough attention to how often that happens. Fears also appear around the sim's head, but those are pointy bubbles instead of cloud-like. With fears, you can hover over them and find out what to do to "solve" the fear and make it go away.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited July 2022
    The whims have been completely removed and replaced with wants. The fears show on the right side of your sims portrait with a spike looking thought bubble.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    edited July 2022
    Thanks for this thread. I had no idea where they were either. I've been playing for a few in game hours and no wants or fears yet. I don't mind that I can't cancel them out, since in TS2 (if I recall correctly), you were kinda stuck with them. I'm assuming the wants/fears are game driven so hopefully something will happen soon.