Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Way too much phone action now during chatting

Maybe it's because I have idle chatting (meaningless small talk) modded off, but the three teen sims that I just had chatting paused to get their phone out about 15 times in a three minute conversation. And that was with all the regular play with phone interactions also modded off. There's a wonderful new idle called "Idle chatting listenwithphone stc".

Comments

• Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    I have no mods or CC in my game and noticed an increase in phone action as soon as I'd downloaded the new update. My active sim was constantly playing on his phone whilst walking along. And when he tried to talk to another of my Sims, who turned up at the same karaoke bar, that sim was also constantly texting and even had a rather angry phone call during the attempted conversation (which was actually quite funny. Wonder who he was arguing with?).

I'm hoping this excessive phone use doesn't become a regular occurrence in the game because that will be annoying.
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    Yeah, it's happening in my game too and it's really annoying. Yesterday when my werewolf Sim was rampaging, she still managed to pull her phone out and browse.

I hope they fix it soon.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    My Teen Rock Star is almost always on his phone, even before the patch. So far, I'm not noticing a change in his behavior. But, I do hope he doesn't get kicked out of class because he's on his phone! :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    This is again why I wouldn't still be playing if I hadn't learned how to mod. But I can tell I'm going to be busy for a few days; already made two new ones and added back in four more, and the pack hasn't even come out yet.
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    It's everywhere!

During social chats, on the Sim's way to the bath, heck, one of my female Sims even pulled out her cellphone while swimming in the ocean (no idea where she keeps it storaged in that swimsuit of hers). On the positive side, cellphones are waterproof.

I thought this would be something I would easily ignore, but come on...

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I finally caught my Teen Rock Star walking while doing something on his cellphone. He may have been browsing, I don't know. He didn't have it on his ear, which is quite possible to walk and chew gum, but no. He reminded me of a video that hit the evening news and went viral The gal was at a shopping mall and so engrossed with what was on her cellphone screen, she fell over a slight barrier and into the fountain! I do wonder if bruises come with this pack?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    Yeah, it's happening in my game too and it's really annoying. Yesterday when my werewolf Sim was rampaging, she still managed to pull her phone out and browse.

I hope they fix it soon.

@Fairy_Happy My teen werewolf pulled out her phone to do this while rampaging and I rather love it
    rampage-text2.png
  • Options
    TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Art imitates life, but this is way too excessive. Phone, Phone, What Baby?, Phone, Phone, "I'll never look up!", Phone, Phone, Oops another fire, Phone, Phone, Phone, I know the light is green but I still have a text to respond to.

Please...at least make a switch to turn off the phone use, for those of us who are not zombie slaves.
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    I've had my adults, elders and technophobes start using phones no matter what they're doing. Even while swimming they're still trying to use that phone.

It is a little excessive!

I can only picture how some time period players will react when their 1600s Victorian starts using a phone suddenly
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    The idle that they do while talking to other sims is easy enough to mod out. But I can't for the life of me find the one for while they are walking. Either it's called something very weird, Sims Studio needs an update to be able to look it up, OR it's baked in as part of the walking/moving animations now. That would be bad.
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I have no mods in my game and my sims do this (there is also the bug where their life stages are capped off)… The game people said it would be a teen only feature, from what I heard. I’m not mad about that (or that curved walls don’t work just disappointed).

The other issues with the latest patch on the other hand I’m mad about (the things I can’t and won’t discuss here but if you know you know).

I’ve spent TWO saves getting ready for the High School pack and I’m afraid to start a new save because I’m one of the lucky ones who only have the sims are obsessed with their phones problem (I don’t want scary things to happen).
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Seriously, even werewolves when running on all fours get their phone out and start hovering with their upper body while the legs still run in an "all fours" position.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I'm dreading the update now. I want the sexual orientation upgrade and I may use body hair from time to time but this phone business really puts me off. It might be like one of the previous updates which I basically put off until the NEXT update came out - I don't remember which one or why.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    I have the same issue. Sims won't leave their phones alone. One of my sims still had her phone glued to her hand while running home in a thunderstorm holding an umbrella.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Thrior wrote: »
    Lol thanks for giving me even more reasons to not update my game. I already heavily dislike all the phone addicts in the game so I'm NOT charmed at all with the idea that it'll be even more excessive. Like, bruh, there is an actual quirk for phone addiction in Get Famous. Can we just leave it at that.

E.g. this was their idea of a "social gathering" when Alexander invited Axel to hang out with club friends. (After that little manic episode Axel autonomously proceeded to insult the nearest person. He was kinda my spirit animal right there.)
    3l5uG1l.jpg

This made me laugh so much. You should print it, frame it and hang it on your wall. :)
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Hey all,

Just an FYI, we're monitoring the "phone dependency" at the moment for future tuning if needed.

TYSM for the update! If that will eventually be tuned to a reasonable and "makes sense" type of occurrence then I will jump for joy!
  • Options
    Does anyone know how phone dependency works if you silence the phones? Do sims still obsess over their phones anyway?
  • Options
    BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    @Mariefoxprice83 they do... :/
  • Options
    BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    I do not care if the sims team is trying to appeal to new generations, get off your phone!! I think most simmers like me, play the game to escape reality. I see enough phone addiction when I go to the grocery store. I play on PlayStation so I can't mod the problems away.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    - I would like to add body hair to my sims
    - Adding sexual orientation to certain sims would be great
    - Curved walls, woot!
    - Mountain excursions fixed!! One of the things I truly love in the game.

Phone addiction is not fun in the sims. Is isn’t what I find enjoyable to play with. Haven’t updated yet so I am just trying to read up on the patch. That would be a huge negative because I try to mod the phone away as much as possible.

Several really good things in the patch but will wait until I see how this works out.
  • Options
    @Mariefoxprice83 they do... :/

That's disappointing. I guess there is no escape.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Oof, maybe I won't be updating or buying the HS expansion after all. I get annoyed by the phone as is. :/
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    This is pretty annoying. My cell phone's only use is for me to know what the time is when I am not at home. It just irks me to see my sims being cell phone addicts. And I can't even cancel it or disable it. I don't want my sims to use their cell phone when I don't tell them to.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p