Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hybrid Sims?

Hi, I've recently come across the concept of Hybrid Sims, such as a Vampire-Spellcaster or an Alien-Mermaid. Anyway, I know that they can be a bit glitchy, but I'm thinking of trying to play one, but before I did, I had a few questions. The first was what the least glitchy hybrids are, for example I heard that Vampire-Spellcasters can't access their vampire abilities due to the menu being overridden by the Spellcaster menu. So I was curious what the least glitchy hybrids are, the ones that should be able to access all their abilities of their respective forms. The second question was if anyone knew of any mods that fix some of the glitches, like one that fixes the problems with the Vampire-Spellcaster. Ideally I'm not looking for a mod that makes hybrids part of normal gameplay, but just fixes the issues that occur when they are made, since I like the idea of hybrids being rare and only possible when two different occults (like a Mermaid and a Vampire) have a kid, like in the base game. The last question was whether it's possible to have hybrids of three or more different occult types, could I eventually have an Alien-Mermaid-Spellcaster-Vampire-Werewolf Sim if I kept trying? Any response is appreciated :)

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    The Alien, Vampire, Spellcaster & Ghost. Just add all 4 occult traits to the sim for a hybrid.
    Don't try to add Mermaid & Werewolf for a hybrid way too glitchy.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    edited July 2022
    I haven't tried the other hybrid combos (and some definitely are glitchy) but I do play with alien-spellcasters and vampire-spellcasters. I used the trait cheats to create them. Here is what you need to know about those combos:

About the trait cheats
    -It works best to start with the alien or the vampire and then add the spellcaster trait to them, not the other way around
    -You might want to level your vampire up a couple levels before adding the spellcaster trait, but you don't have to (reason explained below)
    -You need to do the testingcheats on cheat first in order for these cheats to work
    -Use the traits.equip_trait trait_Occult_WitchOccult cheat to add the spellcaster hidden trait
    -Use the traits.remove_trait trait_Occult_WitchOccult cheat to remove the spellcaster hidden trait
    -When you remove the spellcaster trait (reasons explained below) and then add it back, you keep all the spellcaster progress (levels spells etc.)

Vampire-spellcasters
    -Once the spellcaster trait has been added, you won't be able to see or access the vampire powers menu. But if you need to access it, simply remove the spellcaster trait with the "remove" cheat. The sim will revert to being just a vampire, so you can open the menu and do whatever you need to do. After you're done just add the trait back with the "equip" cheat.
    -The sim will still be able to gain vampire points for doing vampire stuff while you have the spellcaster trait equipped. You just won't be able to see how many they have, or spend them, until you remove the spellcaster trait. But since you don't lose any spellcaster progress when you remove and re-equip the trait, you can do this whenever you need to.
    -The vampire's dark form will still function just fine with the spellcaster trait equipped.
    -BUT when you take the vampire-spellcaster into CAS, only the human form will show (no dark form). And when you then save and close CAS, often the vampire's dark form will have random outfits. So always remove the spellcaster trait before doing anything in CAS with your vampire.
    -The vampire thirst and power bars show in the needs panel even when the spellcaster trait is equipped.
    -The spellcaster charge level ball does not show for hybrid vampire-spellcasters. So you have to watch for other signs of charge building up, such as the "getting charged" moodlet buffs and the visual effect around the sim as the charge gets high.

Alien-spellcasters
    -Since aliens don't have a special needs panel or a powers/perks menu, they are simpler to deal with than vampire-spellcasters. They will simply have the normal spellcaster needs panel, including the charge level ball.
    -The only quirk I've seen with alien-spellcasters is the same CAS issue as with vampire-spellcasters. If you take one of these hybrids into CAS, only the alien form will show (no disguise form), and when you save and exit, the disguise form will have random outfits. So, same as with vampire-spellcasters, always remove the spellcaster trait before doing anything in CAS.
    -Otherwise, as far as I can tell, alien-spellcasters work great. They will still have their normal alien mind powers while the spellcaster trait is equipped. I love playing with mine.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".