Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Well, well, well, who's laughing now?

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15735614

Yet again, an idea I posted in the Ideas forum is in a pack. Maxis should start giving me a producer credit, lol

Lots of people in that thread thought an icon-based smartphone would be difficult to use, I'm curious what people's thoughts are on it, now, in the year of our lord Will Wright twenty-twenty-two
wJbomAo.png

Comments

• Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Wow! You really seem to have inspired their new phone design! :) Can't wait to have it in my game myself!!
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Oh wow lol. I love reading the comments bashing your design while now they're praising it ;)
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    sam123 wrote: »
    Oh wow lol. I love reading the comments bashing your design while now they're praising it ;)

I haven't searched very closely, but I'd bet good money it's the same people, too
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,023 Member
    Post about dragons next, see if you can get my boy Torch in the game.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »

I made a sacred vow to only use my powers for selfish reasons, I can't be going around helping people
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    AnisimAnisim Posts: 181 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »

I made a sacred vow to only use my powers for selfish reasons, I can't be going around helping people

Well this stinks lol. I've always been wanting an early 2000's skate punk style pack
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I wasn't a part of the old thread, but if I am being completely honest I don't really like the coming changes with the phone. I have never liked social media even though I have grown up in the age of it. It's so odd to think about my grandparents using social media more than me, but... Yeah, just not my thing and now another social media related activity in 4 I will not use.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I wasn't a part of the old thread, but if I am being completely honest I don't really like the coming changes with the phone. I have never liked social media even though I have grown up in the age of it. It's so odd to think about my grandparents using social media more than me, but... Yeah, just not my thing and now another social media related activity in 4 I will not use.

I have to admit that I wish they weren't constantly forcing social media stuff down our throats. There's a lot I liked in the pack, but I get enough social media IRL. I don't need it in the game too.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Social media is mostly modded away in my games because I don’t find them fun to play with.

I want my sims to do things, fish, build rockets, craft or create.
  • Options
    Calico45 wrote: »

Ok! :)
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    Not a fan ofvthe new design in theory but I will wait to judge it after I play with it a bit. I am generally in the camp of that if a thing isn't broke don't fix it. But sometimes change for change sake is good. We will see. Anyway good predicting.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,531 Member
    I hope I can tone down the colors of this thing.
    I don't like all the uncoordinated colorful gradations. :p
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2022
    Oh wow!!! You had great suggestions and I absolutely love what they did with the phone!! 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 your magic powers are worthy of praise! 😌 I'm loving the new social bunny app too. I'm pretty anti tech in game but only because I like tech free storylines yet there is no control over sims using phones. However,
    this looks like it could be fun and we desperately needed a phone update.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    edited July 2022
    From what I've seen of James Turner's let's play, the phone UI is functionally the same, just instead of the small tabs (social work, travel, entertainment) that bring out a text based list - it's the same tabs just larger and more colourful that brings up the same text based lists. Only the Social bunny app goes straight to the thing without a text based list.

So I'm not exactly sure what you are laughing about? It's just a cleaned up, updated thing of the thing you were complaining about, nor is it like what you suggested, or proved your detractors wrong.

agOpz2v.png
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

Yet again, an idea I posted in the Ideas forum is in a pack. Maxis should start giving me a producer credit, lol

Lots of people in that thread thought an icon-based smartphone would be difficult to use, I'm curious what people's thoughts are on it, now, in the year of our lord Will Wright twenty-twenty-two

awesome!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I dislike the look of it. I learned to read as a young child and I prefer to use that skill instead of be reduced to icons for the illiterate.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Congratulations. I hope Sims can still get the old phone format from the thrift store. Now wouldn't that be something. lol

I wonder if they added the ability for children to take selfie photos with the older age group. I have wanted that in the game.
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Did we ever find out who was laughing?
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,023 Member
    Okay, how about this:I told you to do it. Do it now.

You can thank me later. xoxo
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,607 Member
    I don't even have my phone tricked out in RL, why would I want it in my game?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Thetford wrote: »
    From what I've seen of James Turner's let's play, the phone UI is functionally the same, just instead of the small tabs (social work, travel, entertainment) that bring out a text based list - it's the same tabs just larger and more colourful that brings up the same text based lists. Only the Social bunny app goes straight to the thing without a text based list.

So I'm not exactly sure what you are laughing about? It's just a cleaned up, updated thing of the thing you were complaining about, nor is it like what you suggested, or proved your detractors wrong.

agOpz2v.png

Yeah, exactly. It's cleaned up and updated.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    CelSims wrote: »
    I dislike the look of it. I learned to read as a young child and I prefer to use that skill instead of be reduced to icons for the illiterate.

Wow, you're so sarcastic, that's extremely cool
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member

Great prediction! I'm sorry that there are some snarky comments here. Most of us applaud your foresight.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

awesome!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,577 Member
    I still want landlines back. I'm so mad. lol jk