Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Outta My Eco House!

Has anyone else ever had issues with neighbors in the eco world just barging through your doors to read, use your electronics, or use your toilet? It's really annoying. So far I noticed that the issue is the doors in EL, but I don't want to never use them as they offer bill discounts.

Comments

• Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    So yes and no. I have had doors with locks that seemingly reset or stopped functioning, but I didn't notice it specifically with Eco doors. I'll have to test that.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,453 Member
    @Gamer_34567544 you can click on the doors & choose to lock it; there are several options for who to allow access to. You can also click on the computer, choose Computer Security & lock it for everyone but those you want to have access to the computer.
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    My bet is it's a bug. I can lock it, but then no one goes in and I have to manually unlock for them.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I had that issue with Jules Rico coming into the house all the time. I kinda worked it into the storyline though....Bess sadly died in a yoga accident in Magnolia Park (dont ask) and Jules kept coming round Knox's house all the time.
    I mean they hated each other but it didnt stop them from woohooing!! LOL
  • Options
    beckyx1991beckyx1991 Posts: 19 Member
    Yes and the sharing is caring plan is the worst thing ever
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Everyone seems to come to my place, usually to read the books as I make sure my computer is locked for everyone else. They nap in my bed, they would perform tasks that are based on NAPs (Ie, they'll scrap my paintings to make their own if Support the Creative Arts is active!)

I tried to scare them off a a vampire by biting each one, but it's no use.

Then my Sim talks to them, and lets them prank the toilets or take a shower. Are you honestly unaware that this place belongs to me?

I don't like to use the eco world for this reason.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Thinking about it I have had that happen, I think he was running in to help with the fire but my legacy founder beat him to it and he was stuck as a home invader and I couldn't ask him to leave so I went to household management to delete him and returned home to lock the doors.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Has anyone else ever had issues with neighbors in the eco world just barging through your doors to read, use your electronics, or use your toilet? It's really annoying. So far I noticed that the issue is the doors in EL, but I don't want to never use them as they offer bill discounts.

Got a SS of this?
  • Options

Got a SS of this?

How to take a screen shot?
  • Options
    IDK that it matters, really, someone just barged in before the welcome wagon even arrived to read a book. I have the pic, I don't know how to upload it. Please help, this is getting so frustrating. Please?
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    The one I know I've seen doing this:

Blossom- I just caught her red-handed.

I forget the name of the eco leader, but he's usually no problem- he just invades the area to tend my gardens for free

Bess the entrepreneur

Mary might as well, but I can't confirm it.

Do they have one of the same traits that make them do this?
  • Options
    cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    It happened to me in Willow Creek. I had a dumpster, fabricator and recycling machine on the lot, I believe that's why they kept barging in whenever they were in use. Send home didn't work. The only work around I found ( without mods) is to travel somewhere and take them with you. Then travel back home alone.
    Of course, they will come back another time, but it's a quick fix.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    It happens with the Sterlings and the Knoxx family. Wondering if my vampires should just bite them as they are, after all, uninvited guests. Free meals every day? What more could a child of the night want?

It seems like a bug to me, I hope it gets fixed. For now, I just have a fence around the house that I keep locked unless I'm expecting company.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I thought you might be talking about Sims Mobile. there is an eco house there that I have 2, basically, ghosts in the house that cannot be interacted with at all. Good thing they finally gave us another lot that is only big enough to put the eco house on. Wish I could delete the other house, but the game keeps telling me 'someone' (can't remember their name) is busy, so I can't delete it.
  • Options
    Nope, I don't even play Sims Mobile. Maybe I'll check it out.

Now, I don't think I get all that garbage if I do an eco house in Strangerville, provided I want to never let anyone in to avoid getting infected...
    PS: Don't let the welcome wagon in- a guy confiscated my very nice refrigerator that I wanted after the welcome wagon came in and left, saying something in it had the infection on it.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Now, this is interesting. I will test this some more but nobody invades if I don't have a garden, perhaps?

It's not helpful, though, if you're living off whatever you grow.

Didn't work. I'll keep testing things.
    Post edited by Gamer_34567544 on
  • Options
    I think I just figured it out, but it requires cheating to stop. Basically, remove the Entrepreneur trait from Bess Sterling, and the eco master trait from Knoxx. No more invasions without permission, no more wasting my precious electricity and water.
  • Options
    Nope. Now testing if eviction works.
  • Options
    Nope. Now testing if eviction works.

Eviction works! So long, invaders! On the bright side, my vampires will stop biting you.
  • Options
    It seems as though people just barge in the house if I'm in Port Promise... removing all unplayed Sims help until another family moves in, it seems.

Lovely setup here. :s