Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA App Required Now?

Comments

• Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,403 Member
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,885 Member
    edited February 10
    Luckily I haven't had any issues with crashing but I haven't been able to install my Goth Galore Kit.

After four days of back and forth emails and no resolution I received an email this morning.

Thank you so much for sharing the verification code with us and verifying yourself as the true owner of the account.
    Please go through this link: (I removed the link)

I appreciate for your patience and understanding on this matter.

I hope you'd find these instructions helpful, but don't hesitate to contact us further if you need any assistance with EA Products.

The link is to a YouTube video on installing Goth custom content clothing into your game. The title was I Fixed The Sims 4 Goth Galore Kit Since EA Won't. All I could do at this point was laugh. 😄
  • Options
    edited February 11
    Luckily I haven't had any issues with crashing but I haven't been able to install my Goth Galore Kit.

After four days of back and forth emails and no resolution I received an email this morning.

Thank you so much for sharing the verification code with us and verifying yourself as the true owner of the account.
    Please go through this link: (I removed the link)

I appreciate for your patience and understanding on this matter.

I hope you'd find these instructions helpful, but don't hesitate to contact us further if you need any assistance with EA Products.

The link is to a YouTube video on installing Goth custom content clothing into your game. The title was I Fixed The Sims 4 Goth Galore Kit Since EA Won't. All I could do at this point was laugh. 😄

I’m not sure I’m following. EA support gave you a link to FakeGamerGirl’s video, which has nothing to do with a technical fix of the pack?

https://youtu.be/rTEM0zVZM-0?si=fXREfT2z2rXaPDVV
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    edited February 11
    @simmerorigin, yes.

ETA: Problem resolved now and code is working.
  • Options
    I wonder if they Youtube searched "Sims 4 Goth Galore fix" and sent you the first video that came up.
  • Options
    Screenshot-20240213-164741-2.png

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,860 Member
    I'm not seeing it either.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    Bluebellflora mentioned elsewhere that there’s now a Mac section on AHQ under the EA App section, so it’s definitely coming…
  • Options
    Bluebellflora mentioned elsewhere that there’s now a Mac section on AHQ under the EA App section, so it’s definitely coming…

After the last three months of Origin constantly crashing and weird behavior in my game when I have it online I'm ready to give the EA App a try.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 I’m hoping it’ll all be OK, but I can’t say I’m looking forward to it. I didn’t have time to play my game yesterday so I missed all the problems with Origin then — I can’t actually remember the last time I had any issues at all with it.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,610 Member

After the last three months of Origin constantly crashing and weird behavior in my game when I have it online I'm ready to give the EA App a try.

I heard we are the lucky ones Ea is worst. @DaniRose2143
  • Options
    @FreddyFox1234 I was able to play through the issue yesterday but ever since For Rent released I've had no end of issues. When I have Origin in online mode it will crash once every two or three hours, and it will always crash when I exit the game. When I have it in online mode and the creates a new townie, that townie will only have a first name. No last name in game or in CAS, but there is one in Manage Household. The list of crazy things is long. When I put it in offline mode all of that stops except the occasional crash when I exit the game, but it's not every time like it is in online mode.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 Ah maybe that’s why, as I usually play in offline mode and rarely for more than an hour at a time. So maybe I’ve been lucky that way :)
  • Options
    LeucosiaX wrote: »

I heard we are the lucky ones Ea is worst. @DaniRose2143

When it first launched we were lucky to still have Origin. Once that notice popped up in Origin saying the EA App was coming I didn't see a single Origin update until about a week ago. After every update and pack that came out over that time my Origin and my game just kept getting more and more unstable. I haven't seen as many posts about the app being a pain in the butt lately so I'm cautiously optimistic that it will work right and be an improvement.
  • Options
    @FreddyFox1234 I've switched to playing offline over the last month or so and I've had a lot less problems. Maybe once every other week I'll have Origin crash while I'm playing and get booted to the desktop but it's much more rare when I play offline.
  • Options
    edited March 20
    On AHQ in the Origin section, one Mac user seems to be saying they’ve been asked to switch to the EA App. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Mac-Client-Technical/EA-App-switch-back-to-Origin/td-p/13579148

ETA: It’s definitely being slowly rolled out to Mac users now. I’ve come across several Mac users who say they’ve been told to make the switch.
    Post edited by FreddyFox1234 on
  • Options
    Screenshot-20240320-120757-2.png
  • Options
    That sounds encouraging.🙂 I still haven't seen the message though.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

This is a limited roll out of the EA app on Mac, only available in certain regions as of now.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    I don't have it yet either, but this sounds like good news!

Hopefully the external drive isn't a problem/will be fixed soon as I don't have space to store my games on my Mac's hard drive.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,236 Member
    edited March 26
    "In the coming weeks, EA app players on both Mac and PC will receive The Sims 4™ Blooming Rooms Kit! "
    https://www.ea.com/news/the-ea-app-for-mac

As a free kit ?
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    As a free kit ?

Yup. Blooming Rooms will be free for a limited time, more details soon.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    edited March 26
    The all-new EA app for Mac
    EA’s new optimized Mac platform is just around the corner!

We are thrilled to share that over the next few weeks, the EA app will officially replace Origin as our primary Mac platform. A faster, more reliable, and more streamlined experience – it’s the best place for you to experience EA’s incredible games, services and content.

With the new streamlined design you will easily find the games and content you’re looking for and discover your new favorite games. With automatic game downloads and background updates you can ensure that your games are ready to play when you are.

Screenshot-20240326-153905-2.png

For existing Origin players, we’ve worked hard to make the transition to the EA app as simple as possible. When you get there, all your games and content, including games already installed on Origin, will be ready and waiting for you. Your local and cloud saves will transfer forward ensuring you can pick up where you left off. New players will start by downloading a new favorite game and jump into the action with our optimized experience. Players on unsupported macOS devices can continue to enjoy their favorite games on Origin.

In the coming weeks, EA app players on both Mac and PC will receive The Sims 4™ Blooming Rooms Kit! Delight your Sims in a lush, soothing atmosphere of growth all around with unexpected leafy details and natural beauty.

We will be inviting Origin players on supported macOS devices to make the move shortly. We look forward to welcoming you to the EA app!

Learn More

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/ANNOUNCEMENT-The-all-new-EA-app-for-Mac-FAQ/td-p/12917316

• Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    "In the coming weeks, EA app players on both Mac and PC will receive The Sims 4™ Blooming Rooms Kit! "

As a free kit ?

Ah, so that's how they're going to entice us Mac players to switch as quickly as possible. Well played...
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top