Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you buy pre teens pack?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Other (comment)
    I wouldn’t buy this at all. I’d be a bit disappointed if it was made tbh when there’s so much more that could be added instead, but I don’t think they will. I have a problem with getting too bored of the childhood and teenager stages pretty quickly. Growing Together and High School Years improved that a bit, but I couldn’t imagine having another youth life stage to go through. It would just be too much for me.

Plus I don’t know what would even define that life stage or what would make it different. Preteens also have the issue of height difference. We were told it would have been too difficult to have height sliders in the game. I know there have been modders who have done this, but I can’t see EA working on making it happen.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I’d wait for more pack features
    I'll be honest that this idea is not really for me because I don't really care about the official lack of pre-teens. I tend to think of the late childhood children as being closer to pre-teens. I'm not really sure what gameplay pre-teens would add. If they came for free though, I wouldn't object.

As it is, they made the teenage years a lot longer. I tend to play more with the teens (with HSY), YAs and adults. I recently did set up a boarding school full of teens to house some of those growing up in my rotation. When it comes to pre-teen specific activities, those are a little unclear. Many pre-teens are much less socially developed than teens. If they can find a way to make them interesting, I'd probably play with them in a family but I can also see myself skipping through.

One thing I do is that I sometimes rush through childhood or it becomes a bit of a grind. I think I could slow down at times and make time for more family activities among sims.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    edited January 23
    I’d wait for more pack features
    Depends on what else it includes. I usually end up buying all EP and GPs so if this is some type of High School Years with something like Amusement parks or that stuff that'd expand the Family gameplay (Parenthood, Growing Together, etc.) then most likely yes.

High School Years is actually the ONE pack I regret paying full price for so wasn't really a fan of that life stage, it'd have to be something really good for me to care about it.
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Other (comment)
    I would not buy it and I don’t want it to be in the base game. There are too many life stages already.
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 169 Member
    edited January 23
    I’d buy pre teens pack in a heartbeat!
    Since I played Sims 2 I wished for a lifestage between child and teen, because I feel like a part of "my" childrens lifes and development is missing. I need a visual difference and different height of the kids. Say my Sims have three children, all apart 3-5 years. In the early years the actual growth of the kids is visible: The youngest is a baby/infant (0-2 years old), the middle child is a toddler (3-5 years old) and the oldest kid is a child (6-10 years old).

But then the oldest kid suddenly becomes an adult size teen over night, which is weird enough. So in my mind the child stage lasts from 6-12, which is a stretch, because the kid stays all these years the same size? Very unrealistic in my opinion, but with different hairstyles and clothing I somehow manage to make it work, same with the over night giant 13 year old.

Say, the youngest kid is now around 7 years old, the kid in the middle 10/11 and the oldest 15. Naturally the kids would all have individual sizes.

But in the Sims the middle child is either exactly the same size as the youngest child or the oldest, and that is a pet peeve of mine since the beginning. I need a visible height difference between the kids as they are growing up.

I would prefer this to be a patch, so Preteens could be involved in future and past packs, but I would also gladly buy the new lifestage in a pack.

For now I use the Preteen Mod just for the slight height difference, but sometimes the animations are kind of glitchy. And the Preteens could be even smaller in my opinion, so that I would be able to really see a difference between child, Preteen and Teen.

I would be super happy if there was an official addition of Preteens in the Sims 4. :)

• Options
    Perti23Perti23 Posts: 61 Member
    I’d wait for a sale
    We already have pre-teens in this game. They are called children.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    edited January 25
    Other (comment)
    Perti23 wrote: »

Ok, that made me laugh. I agree though, as a mother of 4 kids of my own.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    I wouldn’t buy it and expect to come in a patch
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    Perti23 wrote: »

Ok, that made me laugh. I agree though, as a mother of 4 kids of my own.

Agree.
    The children in Sims 4 are too mature. They are looking like 9 - 12 years old.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited March 3
    Other (comment)
    I don't really care about pre-teens on top of what we have. If they would go to the trouble of making a new lifestate, I would rather they fixed our current teens to look younger. In a patch, of course.

As for packs, I'd rather more gameplay added for our existing lifestates - children, teens, and elders. I'd buy that.
  • Options
    pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 61 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    alot of us wouldn’t mind paying for a proper pre teens pack to the fill the huge age gap..

I would.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited March 8
    If they locked something as important as an entire life stage in a pack, I'd probably be so angry that I'd not buy it out of pure spite. But even if they did something akin to GT, where they'd give you the life stage but put things related to it in a pack, I can't see why I'd buy it. To be fair I agree with the comments that the children of game are preteens. Not only do they look 10-12 years old, they often act it. What is missing is not the years just before they are teens, but the years between toddler and ten.

I don't think we need a new lifestyle for that though, mostly more interactions and activities for kids where they actively will seek out games and fun much more than they do now. Be more child-like. Then that behaviour could gradually change to the more mature kids we have in game today towards the end of the life stage.

If they do add another life stage I want middle age or late adult if you wish, a life stage where you are still an adult, but visibly older and no longer able to have kids, without being an elder (who in game look like they're all well over 80 and closing on 90).

@IndiiAna So true! You said it better than what I did!
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    I wouldnt buy it so itd have to come in a patch. But I do not want a preteen stage as its unecessary imo.
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,936 Member
    Other (comment)
    There should be a height slider instead of a pre-teen stage. To me its normal that teen same size as adult. Sims all the same height anyway. And the only difference there after is elderly! So I think introducing a pre-teen life stage would just bring mayhem to the game. And what is pre-teen anyway, you got toddlers which are pre-school, kids are school age 5 to 12, where is pre -teen ? 13-19 is fine as is, I think its one phase of the game that should not be messed with imho...
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    Slacker wrote: »
    There should be a height slider instead of a pre-teen stage. To me its normal that teen same size as adult.

Yes for me too! I am a mother of a teenager (soon to be 15-year-old), and he towers over both me and his father. Teenagers, like adults, come in all shapes and sizes. Their height has never been an issue for me in game - them acting like they're 30 has, but then again the children act adult-like too, making their beds, putting their dirty clothes in the hamper and washing dishes all by themselves and rarely if ever playing with other kids. I mean seriously, they're the most adult kids I've ever come across!

Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!