Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you buy pre teens pack?

graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
This is to let EA knows that there’s a huge gap between teen and child and we need pre teens to urgently to fill the huge gap..

There’s 3 life stages for kids under 4 years im glad we got infants but alot of us wouldn’t mind paying for a proper pre teens pack to the fill the huge age gap..

Would you buy pre teens pack? 175 votes

I’d buy pre teens pack in a heartbeat!
26%
CK213Kita5399PseudonymsAlexaibekiGoodywoodgrannyfay08bandcampsquirrelNyxLunaStarkerryemmiebethrobyngravesgoodcakebaker62catloverplayerLizzychicagomlmeadowsduhboy2u2ClassicalSimbrookiepeoplesgraventheBabykittyjade 46 votes
I’d wait for more pack features
7%
crocobauraSimmervilleVkittyyesme88greydonnChampandGirliebixtersSajahiLenny_OggFreezerBunnyCowplantAlanSimsKuroiAenala 13 votes
I wouldn’t buy it and expect to come in a patch
38%
Bluegayleauroraael14rudy8292BreeSashaIceyJWedSimburianelanorbretonAnmirlaMariefoxprice83freindlylolfriendlysimmersFlashMarkerIObellefruitsbasket101bluzkat65barracuda1574kemoweryDarcVader1Lustianicia 68 votes
I’d wait for a sale
3%
catmom1987WispyeGordyIsharellPerti23Motorcross104 6 votes
Other (comment)
24%
IcewolflisamwittMsMayPlayerSinger2010xoJessincisGibbs02haneulsimgirl1010Paigeisin5SavorySagealanmichael1RamblineRosemannannapearlbhCsibeubi3painted_dreams87CeridwenSheriSim57Bren91dreamprisoner 42 votes

Comments

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    What exactly would be in this pack?

Are you wanting this for "kids" and are just pretending they're closer in age to being a teen?

Or is this for teens you're pretending aren't basically a YA?

I mean to me the "kids" look like they're about 9-10 years old and teens look like they're close to graduating.

Or are you asking for a new life stage to be added?
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Other (comment)
    I’m not sure. I don’t like the fact teens are the same size as adults. They go from kids to adult size! So I would rather teens got a size adjustment. There’s too many life stages now for another one.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    I voted far too quickly this time. A patch would be the preferred option, but if they decide to make it a pack for money whatever reason, I might be convinced depending on the price.

All my current teens feel like they're 18-19. There is something missing between kids that are playing around in the park and the teens that go to university and get part-time jobs. They could give the 'older' teen an overhaul while they're at it. Some changes to seperate it more from the YA, and the Pre-Teen.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,862 Member
    I would probably buy it because it would have some neat build/buy things. I'm a real easy mark for neat build/buy things. Gameplay wise, nah. For once I think that many of us could say that family play now has enough content, at least recently, that it's time to shift to something else for a bit.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    edited April 2023
    Other (comment)
    I would be completely stunned if they gave us an entire human life stage in a pack rather than a base game update. Since they've promised not to do any more DLC that depends on other DLC, that would mean that literally all of the content for preteens would have to be in that one pack, and you wouldn't be able to get any upgrades or additional content for them ever again (aside from CC). All current human life stages are base game for a reason. If it happens at all, it's going to be a patch.

Do I want this patch? No. I'd much rather they continue fleshing out the existing life stages.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    Other (comment)
    Other: I would probably buy it if it happened, but I would EXPECT it to come with a patch. Then probably a pre-teen expansion or game pack afterward.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,965 Member
    I've said it many times but I don't think adding new lifestage fixes existing lifestages issues (such as teens looking too YA they should adjust teens in that case not create new lifestage)

and as far as preteens go i really can't see any gameplay possibilities that could not be part of existing kid or teen lifestages so it feels kind if pointless

id rather just have better kid and teen lifestages really
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Other (comment)
    I wouldn't buy it and don't want it in a patch. It's a pointless life stage that just takes things away from kids and teens.
  • Options
    What exactly would be in this pack?

Are you wanting this for "kids" and are just pretending they're closer in age to being a teen?

Or is this for teens you're pretending aren't basically a YA?

I mean to me the "kids" look like they're about 9-10 years old and teens look like they're close to graduating.

Or are you asking for a new life stage to be added?

The stage is a new stage called pre teens, they’re already in sims free play, they fill the big age gap between kids and teens..

From around 11 to 15 years, kids in game look 8, 9 years and teens look around 20, that’s a huge age gap!

there need to be a life stage between teens and kids to fill this gap

Pre teens males could have little mustache where puberty start instead of teens, have crushes and maybe first kisses? They could add playable active middle school as another gameplay option..

The possibilities are endless..
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    I would buy it, but I'd rather just have the teens look younger. That's all I really want. Make them shorter and younger.
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    edited April 2023
    graventhe wrote: »

The stage is a new stage called pre teens, they’re already in sims free play, they fill the big age gap between kids and teens.

I was intrigued reading your comment so I went to look up Sims Freeplay. Turns out, the life stages are all funky compared to TS4.

Newborn and Infant are merged into the same life stage and are called Babies.

Then they grow from Babies into Toddlers.

After Toddler stage, they become Preteens (renamed from Child - not an additional life stage).

After this Preteen stage, they become Teens. Then after Teens they become Adults. So no Young Adult stage. Then after Adult, they become Seniors (renamed from Elder).

So the “idea” that TS4 should have Preteens because Freeplay does is a fallacy. They simply changed the name in Freeplay from Child to Preteen but it is essentially the same life stage.

What you are asking for does not exist in Freeplay and that is for the creation of a new life stage in between Child and Teen.
  • Options
    JokubasJokubas Posts: 100 Member
    I conceded that fixing the life stage gap was too much work, specifically that they'd have to keep supporting it from now on, but then I checked out that mod everyone was talking about. With just a couple of small changes they were able to use all the same models and clothing, so I don't think the work would have to be that much after all. The mod already did the hard work, so I'd love to see it be made official.
  • Options
    Future wrote: »
    graventhe wrote: »

The stage is a new stage called pre teens, they’re already in sims free play, they fill the big age gap between kids and teens.

I was intrigued reading your comment so I went to look up Sims Freeplay. Turns out, the life stages are all funky compared to TS4.

Newborn and Infant are merged into the same life stage and are called Babies.

Then they grow from Babies into Toddlers.

After Toddler stage, they become Preteens (renamed from Child - not an additional life stage).

After this Preteen stage, they become Teens. Then after Teens they become Adults. So no Young Adult stage. Then after Adult, they become Seniors (renamed from Elder).

So the “idea” that TS4 should have Preteens because Freeplay does is a fallacy. They simply changed the name in Freeplay from Child to Preteen but it is essentially the same life stage.

What you are asking for does not exist in Freeplay and that is for the creation of a new life stage in between Child and Teen.

EA must have changed them recently then, I haven’t played free play in long but last time when I played there was a separate pre teen stage that looked older than kids but smaller than teens it wasn’t perfect but it was good..

Keep in mind also once they’re in game either patched or in a pack they can always be improved in the future like how EA changed teens abit to make them less than YA with exception to their heights, sadly
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    Other (comment)
    Just no. I don't want it.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Lifestages should never be gated content.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    One of my most wanted features besides cars not a question I'd buy a preteen pack.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes I'd buy a Pre Teen Pack but I don't think they'll do another lifestage. I don't know if the game engine would be able to handle another lifestage.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    If we get a pre teen lifestage, it should be available for base game. Just like infants are available for all simmers, with or without the growing together pack. Just imagine the mess on the gallery if some players have access to an age group and others don't. A pack could add more content for this particular lifestage but I don't know what should be in that pack.

I don't know if I would get that pack but after the introduction of infants I feel a need for pre teens. We have such a nice gradual growth from new born to child, it makes no sense to have an age gap between children (ground school age) and teens who feel at least 16 years old in the sims 4.
  • Options
    uquiuquiuquiuqui Posts: 23 Member
    I would expect it to come out as a patch/for the base game. Probably similar to infants, with an additional pack you can buy. But I can't really see what exactly would be in that pack...To be honest, while I do see the need for a life stage between child and teen, or an adjustement to the current teen stage (seriously, it's jarring seeing them grow so much from cute kid to basically adult lite) I can't really picture it happening. I think the infant update kind of got people talking about this more, but at the same time they just added a new life stage to the game, I can't see them going for another one any time soon.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Other (comment)
    I would buy it, but I'd rather just have the teens look younger. That's all I really want. Make them shorter and younger.

Yes this is what I want. I’ll pick other as well

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Preteens should become a new lifestate in Base just like the new Babies. Then later maybe a fun Gameplay for Tweens.
  • Options
    EsiaEsia Posts: 67 Member
    I would buy it, but I'm very sure that if it were to happen, it would happen like with toddlers and infants - update and then pack with features dedicated to them.
  • Options
    lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    edited April 2023
    Other (comment)
    Tbh, I am not sure. Pre-teens is something that should be added in free update (and maybe developed in following game pack). I am totally fine with them never adding pre-teens to Sims 4, but I would buy such pack because I aiming at full collection and more options. Teens are so much better and interesting since High School years but still 13, 14, 15 year olds look way too adult
  • Options
    IndiiAnaIndiiAna Posts: 20 Member
    There's so many child life stages already. In a full lifespan, sims who die of old age spend 36% of their mortal years as a minor.

newborn + infant + toddler + child + teen = 36% of a sim's life
    young adult + adult + elder = 63% of of a sim's life

Translated to human years, if adulthood begins at 18yrs, then a sim will retire at age 44, and life expectancy is a short 50 years all up.

I'd like to see more adult life stages, particularly since there isn't a great deal of difference between the young adult and adult stages.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I have no idea. EA/Maxis updated teens recently with High School Years by adding some new features and also changed some of their voice lines and animations and I feel that's the limit of what they were able/wanted to do. They also gave children some more things with Growing Together.

I was looking forward to HSY but I was incredibly disappointed of that pack so me caring about pre-teens would really depend on what they would do with them.