Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EP 10 "Snowy Escape" Trailer - Let's Watch it Together

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    When is the next release of information on the pack?

Good question. I am really waiting to get an official stream so I can make up my mind about this pack. As much as I don't like the whole personality behind paywall-approach, I am still fairly open-minded about what this pack may bring .. Mostly because I've wanted snowy mountains for so, so long, and I will admit to being intrigued about a world that functions as both a destination world and a normal one (plus bathhouses, skiing, snowboarding, stuff to do for tods, etc.)... So I would really like to see it for myself in a stream to decide whether it's worth buying or not. Holding out hope .. :)
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Good question. I am really waiting to get an official stream so I can make up my mind about this pack. As much as I don't like the whole personality behind paywall-approach, I am still fairly open-minded about what this pack may bring .. Mostly because I've wanted snowy mountains for so, so long, and I will admit to being intrigued about a world that functions as both a destination world and a normal one (plus bathhouses, skiing, snowboarding, stuff to do for tods, etc.)... So I would really like to see it for myself in a stream to decide whether it's worth buying or not. Holding out hope .. :)

I admit is has me interested.

I'm looking to see if we will have the ability to place rental lots in other worlds (Sulani esp) Or again, whether they restrict this content to this world...
    I also want to know what the new lot icon is.

And most definitely need a lot more info on the personality and sentiments features.
  • Options

I'm looking to see if we will have the ability to place rental lots in other worlds (Sulani esp) Or again, whether they restrict this content to this world...

And most definitely need a lot more info on the personality and sentiments features.

Yes I really hope it's not restricted - I don't even really know why it would be BUT they know how to surprise us with restrictions don't they lol. Also agreed on the personality / sentiments stuff.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited October 2020

Yes I really hope it's not restricted - I don't even really know why it would be BUT they know how to surprise us with restrictions don't they lol. Also agreed on the personality / sentiments stuff.

IF it looks good, then I may buy at full price.....but only IF it changes the game in a fundamental way and gives us players more freedom instead of always continually locking us in to their game and making us play their way.
  • Options

IF it looks good, then I may buy at full price.....but only IF it changes the game in a fundamental way and gives us players more freedom instead of always continually locking us in to their game and making us play their way.

Amen to that. I will probably get it eventually just cause it's my kind of thing. But whether it's at full price or 50% off is up to what we get to see soon lol. I think the only pack I'll never buy is the SW one.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,784 Member

The initial trailer shows a lot off good things I'm looking forward to having in my game. Can't wait until the game play trailer is released.

This pic shows some very nice additions that I'm happy are included.
    snowy-escape.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    The initial trailer shows a lot off good things I'm looking forward to having in my game. Can't wait until the game play trailer is released.

snowy-escape.jpg

I wonder if those daruma dolls are a new collectable.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

snowy-escape.jpg

Look at that cute toddler in the background! The hair is so pretty. I'm really looking forward to the table also, I wonder if it's game play is like the cauldron, where you fill it and sims just help themselves. If so, I hope toddlers can use it.
  • Options
    MockerMocker Posts: 29 Member
    edited October 2020
    The only little detail that catches my eye is that developers still can't make winter hats cover sim ears. This detail is barely noticeable (although I have not seen people wear hats like that) but when I see that in very cold weather a person does not cover his ears with a hat I start to feel that I am cold.
    Whatever it was, this game pack looks great)

sims-4-snowy-escape-screenshots-12-1600x900.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    @Mocker ... People do wear this style in the wintertime while others may choose to have their ears covered. I like the way Docker hats look for winter wear. :smiley:

From a pure stylish standpoint, I like these hats although I usually will only put hats on Toddlers and children. Yet, I like what is on that guys head in the image you took from the trailer--it goes well with his outfit.
    Winter-hat-styles.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    @Mocker ... People do wear this style in the wintertime while others may choose to have their ears covered. I like the way Docker hats look for winter wear. :smiley:

From a pure stylish standpoint, I like these hats.
    Winter-hat-styles.jpg

So that's what style it is, now I understand thank you. It also makes sense in docks
    This forum is very informative, I recognize something new and new(including an interesting & sad situation from the history,like relations in the past between Japan and Korea)
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Mocker wrote: »

Winter-hat-styles.jpg

So that's what style it is, now I understand thank you. It also makes sense in docks
    This forum is very recognizable, I recognize something new and new(including an interesting & sad situation from the history,like relations in the past between Japan and Korea)

@mocker .... style in the context of this game is whatever the player wants it to be. In regards to human history, not going down that rabbit hole because the Sims 4 allows people to play the way they want to play. :smiley:

This is another great pic from the trailer. This guy is busting a move. I can't wait to update one of my restaurants with this food and new attire for my staff.
    snowy-escape-2.jpg

Post edited by Hearts4u on
  • Options

Winter-hat-styles.jpg

This forum is very recognizable, I recognize something new and new(including an interesting & sad situation from the history,like relations in the past between Japan and Korea)

@mocker .... style in the context of this game is whatever the player wants it to be. In regards to human history, not going down that rabbit hole because the Sims 4 allows people to play the way they want to play.

This is another great pic from the trailer. This guy is busting a move. I can't wait to update one of my restaurants with this food and new attire for my staff.
    snowy-escape-2.jpg

I can't wait to explore this bar from the game. I really want to see the new bar.

I do wonder why they are so bar happy. Do they all drink at work? :D

In Island Living, they gave us a new island bar despite already having the base game tiki bar. Go figure.
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Winter-hat-styles.jpg

@mocker .... style in the context of this game is whatever the player wants it to be. In regards to human history, not going down that rabbit hole because the Sims 4 allows people to play the way they want to play.

snowy-escape-2.jpg

@Hearts4u Oh, I did not want to say that I do not like this style at all or something negative (I communicate through a translator, so the essence of my statements are not very accurate,and i misinterpreted the meaning that dock hats are only worn on the docks, so I apologize) well, of course I agree that every player plays as he wants
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    @Hearts4u Oh, I did not want to say that I do not like this style at all or something negative (I communicate through a translator, so the essence of my statements are not very accurate,and i misinterpreted the meaning that dock hats are only worn on the docks, so I apologize) well, of course I agree that every player plays as he wants

@Mocker ... No worries at all. I did not view anything you stated as a negative. Plus, those translators can be so temperamental--lol. Happy Simming! :smiley:

Happy-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2020

@Mocker ... No worries at all. I did not view anything you stated as a negative. Plus, those translators can be so temperamental--lol. Happy Simming! :smiley:

Happy-2.jpg

It's good because when you don't know English so well, you(i mean me) start to think that you(i) said something wrong, or i misunderstood another person.
    Happy Simming to you too)
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Mocker

We don't often need a translator for someone to take offence. I think the fact you participate by doing it that way is very commendable on a predominately English speaking forum :)

@Hearts4u

You have the cutest pics :)
  • Options

snowy-escape.jpg

I mean I gotta admit, that table is pretty awesome! Just the fact that for once our sims do something, in group, while sitting down, is pretty cool :D
  • Options

snowy-escape.jpg

I mean I gotta admit, that table is pretty awesome! Just the fact that for once our sims do something, in group, while sitting down, is pretty cool :D

I do wonder if they get up repeatedly and change pillows. :D
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I do wonder why they are so bar happy. Do they all drink at work? :D

Nomikai (drinking parties) are actually a part of Japanese business culture.

• Options
    tamako3tamako3 Posts: 52 Member
    The poster behind the restaurant, a tavern, has changed in the new trailer.
    I liked the old one. :'(
  • Options
    It always amazes me how far and how quickly some people will go to make a loud few happy despite making the quiet masses unhappy. All in the name of "inclusiveness" and "diversity", two ideals that can never be perfected as they are in constant flux.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

From a pure stylish standpoint, I like these hats although I usually will only put hats on Toddlers and children. Yet, I like what is on that guys head in the image you took from the trailer--it goes well with his outfit.
    Winter-hat-styles.jpg

If you wear your knitted hats like that, you obviously don't live where it's really cold.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited October 2020
    I just watched the newest trailer. I find it a curious choice, given recent events, to replace the girl in the onsen who appeared to be Japanese with a girl who appears to be of European descent.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited October 2020
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I just watched the newest trailer. I find it a curious choice, given recent events, to replace the girl in the onsen who appeared to be Japanese with a girl who appears to be of European descent.

Trying to be inclusive and non-stereotyping, but failing to notice both Sims shown in a Japanese setting are white? Typical.