Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EP 10 "Snowy Escape" Trailer - Let's Watch it Together

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited October 2020
    okay i shall gather them thoughts in minus and plus

- did not see (or read about) any traditional instruments which makes me : (
    - did not see a cool traditional dance either : (
    - saw tent which yikes but i will forgive for now cause ya know sims can't be dying out there but R.I.P Outdoor Retreat
    - saw another copy of that same old outdoor fire thing that probably will have 0 new gameplay to it... just make it base game srsly if u gonna do that it doesnt need to be every pack feature separately
    - the overall modernity which okay vibe of its own but it wasnt the vibe i was looking for
    - awful lot of that weird sports clothes genre i never use
    - i also did not see any folding screens but i still hope they just didnt fit in trailer
    - didnt see a monkey :<

+/- I see lots of hair with bangs which YAAS but i am unsure about flatness of some of the hairs cause I feel it looks kind of too flat next to other hair in game : | like sharp plasticy idk just off

+ the mighty table
    + i see different styles of traditional dress and i am pleased
    + i also saw at least one cute updo hair to go with kimonos which yaas
    + the shrines
    + greeting!
    + that daruma doll has my heart even though i didnt even see it properly
    + the picture tiles got me :o
    + THE SHOWERS
    + winter activities which well were what i thought they be
    + whatever made that room look split level im confused if its object or what
    +build mode seems useful though i still need to see more of it to make any proper judgement
    + some really cute decors
    +hot spring is always nice add

overall impression: confused but still steering positive looking at whole pack
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ejiofor1995ejiofor1995 Posts: 19 Member
    Saw a new greeting at 0:19 of the trailer!
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    We are getting a graveyard at last. I wonder if we can bring our urns to it for a proper burial or can use it elsewhere? A Happy Haunts pack might come in the future........
    "
    Even the hiking trails just outside of town offer something new every time. Explore bamboo forests, pause to reflect at the graveyard, or visit the mountain temple with friends to get the full experience. Do remember to dress appropriately, though—depending on where you are, it sure can get cold here!"
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited October 2020
    Well there's one in Brindleton Bay (for pets) and they didn't make it a lot type, so it might be the same here.
    Simburian wrote: »
    We are getting a graveyard at last. I wonder if we can bring our urns to it for a proper burial or can use it elsewhere? A Happy Haunts pack might come in the future........
    "
    Even the hiking trails just outside of town offer something new every time. Explore bamboo forests, pause to reflect at the graveyard, or visit the mountain temple with friends to get the full experience. Do remember to dress appropriately, though—depending on where you are, it sure can get cold here!"

Post edited by Dianesims on
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    The more I learn about this pack, the more I think it's perfection. <3<3<3
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    At 1:06 in the trailer, there is a new kitchen set. YES! There is also what appears to be a window that is one and a half tiles wide. Is this a new size or am I just a little behind? I know we can do new things with doors and windows (finally) but when I place a window on two tiles, it blocks the other window on one tile next to it. Plus, it looks like one unit, not two side by side.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    "For the first time, up to 16 Lifestyles will manifest in response to a Sim’s actions and habits, changing their behaviors significantly more than Create a Sim traits as they reflect a Sim’s lived experiences. Sentiments represent how two Sims can feel differently about the outcome of a shared experience and have a lasting impact on Sims’ relationships to each other, affecting their social interactions."

Now this is what it makes it for me! Nice!
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited October 2020
    HtUAhvz.png
    Who is she...................

Here's hoping it's alive and can be brought into your home, and not some dumb seagull-esque overworld animal or a drone-clone like familiars.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    edited October 2020
    Simmingal wrote: »

we are getting platforms :) Also the train station looks like it's placed on some kind of platform.

Build It Up
    Rent one of the vacation lots or build your own home when you arrive in Mt. Komorebi! Find inspiration all around town for your next project, whatever it is. New features like shoji doors, tile roofs, and tatami mats lean into the Japanese inspiration behind the pack, and going forward, you can also start playing with customizable platforms! But that’s not all. Fill your home with both modern and traditional furniture options, and make sure to add a cozy kotatsu table for group meals like hot pot.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/snowy-escape-reveal
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    "

Graveyard?? OH!

Wait. It might be like the Pet Cemetery in Brindleton Bay. I'm not going to hype just yet.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »

we are getting platforms :) Also the train station looks like it's placed on some kind of platform.

Build It Up
    Rent one of the vacation lots or build your own home when you arrive in Mt. Komorebi! Find inspiration all around town for your next project, whatever it is. New features like shoji doors, tile roofs, and tatami mats lean into the Japanese inspiration behind the pack, and going forward, you can also start playing with customizable platforms! But that’s not all. Fill your home with both modern and traditional furniture options, and make sure to add a cozy kotatsu table for group meals like hot pot.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/snowy-escape-reveal

I could be wrong, but I think customizable platforms could mean a build that can be placed down and changed similar to what we could do in S3 when they renovated building in S3.
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    "

Graveyard?? OH!

Wait. It might be like the Pet Cemetery in Brindleton Bay. I'm not going to hype just yet.

I'm hoping the mountain temple and graveyard might be the equivalent of the mausoleum and graveyard we had once before. I'm not building my hopes up though. "Full experience"?
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    HtUAhvz.png

Here's hoping it's alive and can be brought into your home, and not some dumb seagull-esque overworld animal or a drone-clone like familiars.

I think that's a water spirit, and I fell in love when I saw it. I've seen these in a different game, and there they were very playful.

The trailer? I'm already convinced. It was a good idea to grab the gamechanger for this ep. I made pause to see these details, theses building. So many new things I could include into my game.
  • Options
    I don't think that is a graveyard at all. It does look like a temple or shrine of some kind where your sim can reflect on anything. There appears to be a cave behind it, I wonder if it is a cave we can explore.
  • Options
    Also I'm seeing a new stove WITHOUT a backsplash !! it'll be great for kitchen islands.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I don't think that is a graveyard at all. It does look like a temple or shrine of some kind where your sim can reflect on anything. There appears to be a cave behind it, I wonder if it is a cave we can explore.

Like the mausoleum hopefully.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Yeah, it looks like a shrine. I love it. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    Looks pretty good! I look forward to trying out the pack when it comes out.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I said it yesterday, but the trailer really gives the vibes of IL only in the snow :/
  • Options
    I would like to know from the Gurus if you can have Seasons used in the game to make the lower slopes white, as well as the top of the mountain in Winter, with skating rinks or roller rinks in Summer. That would make it worthwhile for me. Otherwise what is the use of having Seasons?
  • Options
    MockerMocker Posts: 29 Member
    HtUAhvz.png

Although I know English quite well, I speak normally via google translator, so I apologize for possible mistakes in the text.

This is somewhat similar to the spirits from Japanese folklore who called Yōkai. I can guess that the developers took inspiration from the Yo-kai Watch - franchise which includes manga, games and anime (inspiration from last is more likely). At least this design is more similar to what was done in style Yo-kai Watch, where Yōkai help people, and those who are evil just arrange small dirty tricks. In Japanese folklore, some of them are portrayed as more powerfull and terrifying, such as Oni.
    And judging by the theory that with the expansion there will be graveyard, this is a kind of new ghosts - Yūrei or Mononoke(People who turned into Yekai after death).
  • Options
    Hope this translates with Google (Japanese)?

Thanks @Mocker A perfectly understandable translation. Thank you for Japanese folklore. I hope more ghosts appear!

ありがとう@Mocker完璧に理解できる翻訳。 日本の民間伝承をありがとう。 もっと幽霊が出るといいですね!
  • Options
    And in Yo-Kai watch, I think mean Yo-kai have an influence on emotions.....
    Mocker wrote: »
    HtUAhvz.png

Although I know English quite well, I speak normally via google translator, so I apologize for possible mistakes in the text.

This is somewhat similar to the spirits from Japanese folklore who called Yōkai. I can guess that the developers took inspiration from the Yo-kai Watch - franchise which includes manga, games and anime (inspiration from last is more likely). At least this design is more similar to what was done in style Yo-kai Watch, where Yōkai help people, and those who are evil just arrange small dirty tricks. In Japanese folklore, some of them are portrayed as more powerfull and terrifying, such as Oni.
    And judging by the theory that with the expansion there will be graveyard, this is a kind of new ghosts - Yūrei or Mononoke(People who turned into Yekai after death).

• Options
    edited October 2020
    OK: Another date for the diary. If you subscribe to Twitter can you ask Graham what the Seasons pack will bring to the game? Can we have Seasons on the lower slopes if not the top of the mountain?

• Options
    MockerMocker Posts: 29 Member
    Hope this translates with Google (Japanese)?

Thanks @Mocker A perfectly understandable translation. Thank you for Japanese folklore. I hope more ghosts appear!

ありがとう@Mocker完璧に理解できる翻訳。 日本の民間伝承をありがとう。 もっと幽霊が出るといいですね!

I am translating from Russian into English. Google just loves autocorrect, because of my knowledge of English, I try to make the text easier to read and understand.
    Thank you for your positive feedback)
    Dianesims wrote: »
    And in Yo-Kai watch, I think mean Yo-kai have an influence on emotions.....
    Mocker wrote: »
    HtUAhvz.png

Yes I mean it makes a lot of sense...
    well, except that the Yokai could make people starve and want to use the toilet .......... wait a minute ..... oh no