Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EP 10 "Snowy Escape" Trailer - Let's Watch it Together

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If you have Seasons, I have no doubt that it will react the same way in this world as it does in any other world. So, yes, I would think the lower part of the map would be snow covered in Winter and snow will fall on the slopes. I see no reason to think otherwise.
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    All I could think was: great I'm going have to buy this so that the houses on the gallery aren't missing wall textures.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited October 2020
    @Mocker

Google seems to have got a little better since I last used it! Sorry for assuming you were Japanese.

Google, кажется, стал немного лучше с тех пор, как я последний раз его использовал! Извините за предположение, что вы японец. Это лучше?
  • Options
    tamako3tamako3 Posts: 52 Member
    I am a Japanese.
    Neither the Shinto shrine nor the small shrine nor the temple is graveyards. The small shrine which said grace with a picture is a house of native God.
    There is no roof in the grave of Japan
  • Options
    sbsong66sbsong66 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I am a Korean user and I'd like to ask something about the upcoming Snowy Escape Pack. I posted the same thing with replies to SimguruNinja's twitter but I'm posting here too in case he couldn't read my tweets. I wanted to post this as a new thread but I'm leaving this here since I'm a new member to the forum and have no permission to start a new thread.
    We can see the motions of the sims bowing to the shrines in the trailer... And... Do sims actually bow to the shrine in-game? I'm discussing this because this Shrine thing is part of a very painful history for Korea, and many users in the Korean Sims community are enraged at this content. Japan used to invade and exploit Korea for decades and this "Shrine Visit" was one of the things that they compelled us Koreans to do. This is one of the most nortorious symbolic things about the invasion of Japan, and mentioning the topic itself REALLY enrages Koreans. Just note that currently so many Koreans simmers, including me, are extremely disappointed at this feature and some are even planning to quit playing the Sims series they've played since the Sims 1.
    I know that the shrine is an important part of the Japanese culture. But I don't think it's right for the company who makes games for people all around the world to add any content that is traumatic to some society.
    If this "shrine interaction" is only a thing that is acted out for the trailer, then okay. But if this is an actual interaction that users can do in-game, I'd like to request... Can you please consider deleting it? We don't wish the shrine objects to be completely removed to the game, since it's an important part of the Japanese culture. But please just keep it as a plain object which we can't bow to... I guess that won’t be that hard because it’s a small one. Keeping this interaction will mean that you guys are ignoring the entire Korean users and our painful history. Thank you for reading my suggestion. I really hope that I'll get replied.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I'm so thrilled that "meditating on mindful walks" is an option! One of my very favorite mods is the Thinking trait that is sort of like this. WHEE!!! And I already know which Sim will be snowboarding immediately!

My active Sims are going to be all over this pack. :)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    somewhsome wrote: »
    So I suppose no hotels then. Well... That's a disappointment. Other than that, it's very pretty and fun.

However they seem to have made vacation lots AND regular homes in the world so I imagine vacations in general are going to get an overhaul. I know that people have been clamoring for there to be vacations in various worlds for a while now. Perhaps the vacation lots are in a patch so we can have control over which worlds are considered a vacation. Perhaps they will make vacation worlds able to be residential now too??! I really hope so!

At the very least, it looks like maybe we can add vacation rentals to existing residential worlds, so you could have a honeymoon getaway in Sulani or Sim "snowbirds" could vacation in Oasis Springs to get away from the Windenburg snows. I'm already thinking about which worlds are going to get rentals.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ParisDestiny92ParisDestiny92 Posts: 4 New Member
    I love it! cannot wait
  • Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    edited October 2020
    sbsong66 wrote: »
    Hi, I am a Korean user and I'd like to ask something about the upcoming Snowy Escape Pack. I posted the same thing with replies to SimguruNinja's twitter but I'm posting here too in case he couldn't read my tweets. I wanted to post this as a new thread but I'm leaving this here since I'm a new member to the forum and have no permission to start a new thread.
    We can see the motions of the sims bowing to the shrines in the trailer... And... Do sims actually bow to the shrine in-game? I'm discussing this because this Shrine thing is part of a very painful history for Korea, and many users in the Korean Sims community are enraged at this content. Japan used to invade and exploit Korea for decades and this "Shrine Visit" was one of the things that they compelled us Koreans to do. This is one of the most nortorious symbolic things about the invasion of Japan, and mentioning the topic itself REALLY enrages Koreans. Just note that currently so many Koreans simmers, including me, are extremely disappointed at this feature and some are even planning to quit playing the Sims series they've played since the Sims 1.
    I know that the shrine is an important part of the Japanese culture. But I don't think it's right for the company who makes games for people all around the world to add any content that is traumatic to some society.
    If this "shrine interaction" is only a thing that is acted out for the trailer, then okay. But if this is an actual interaction that users can do in-game, I'd like to request... Can you please consider deleting it? We don't wish the shrine objects to be completely removed to the game, since it's an important part of the Japanese culture. But please just keep it as a plain object which we can't bow to... I guess that won’t be that hard because it’s a small one. Keeping this interaction will mean that you guys are ignoring the entire Korean users and our painful history. Thank you for reading my suggestion. I really hope that I'll get replied.

Well, in the game you have the choice of NOT TOUCHING the shrine! If it's an eye sore in your game, mod it out, replace into 돌하르방, The Elder Stone if you have to, that's all I can recommend to all your fellow Korean Simmers because global Simmers simply treated THIS expansion as casual vacation trip without anyone thinking TOO MUCH! Sometime It's wise to act blissfully ignorant.

One last note, this vacation pack IS base on Japan only because so far, imo, Japan is more popular as tourist destination.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    I could understand being angry if they included something truly offensive like Yasukuni Shrine in the game, but accurate representation of Japanese culture is not a slight against Korea.

• Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    So will the trains be functional? Looks so cool! Pun intended :D
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Ok so I saw :
    -Onsen
    -Skiing
    -Sledding
    -Snowboarding
    - NEW KITCHEN COUNTERS, (and island, and stove, and fridge but no cabinets it seems ,* ahem*....). I wish they were more versatile though and I hope these counters also have CLOSED off versions.
    - NEW COOKING APPLIANCE : Fondue pot ?
    - The world is stunning.
    - I saw nice new hairs (finally new pigtail braids).

Nothing about hotels though :(

I think that appliance is a Japanese Hot Pot. Not sure if it does just the one dish though.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    Vending machines? So excited for vending machines!
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,780 Member

I watched the trailer several times because I'm really looking forward to this. CAS and build items look great.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    edited October 2020
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Well there's one in Brindleton Bay (for pets) and they didn't make it a lot type, so it might be the same here.
    Simburian wrote: »
    We are getting a graveyard at last. I wonder if we can bring our urns to it for a proper burial or can use it elsewhere? A Happy Haunts pack might come in the future........
    "
    Even the hiking trails just outside of town offer something new every time. Explore bamboo forests, pause to reflect at the graveyard, or visit the mountain temple with friends to get the full experience. Do remember to dress appropriately, though—depending on where you are, it sure can get cold here!"

Yes, it's here

grave.png

Full here (need to download to zoom in) https://ibb.co/0JW9wHj
  • Options
    relurerelure Posts: 1 New Member
    I REQUIRE EA TO ELIMINATE 'SHRINE WORSHIP' INTERACTION from the 'Snowy Escape' expansion pack.

I think the Sims4 should not respect a symbol of the victims' scars as a culture of the country.

In Japanese colonial era, Japan built numerous shrines in Korea and forced Koreans to bow to them.

This is not just Korea's history.

Other Japanese colonies, such as China, share the same pain with Korea.

The forced worship was very humiliating to the people of the time, and it gave them indelible scars.

Even today, shrine worship is a symbol of coercion and oppression for Koreans, and it causes displeasure and anger to them.

Once again, I require EA to eliminate the shrine worship interaction from the 'Snowy Escape' expansion pack.

Thank you.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited October 2020
    relure wrote: »
    I REQUIRE EA TO ELIMINATE 'SHRINE WORSHIP' INTERACTION from the 'Snowy Escape' expansion pack.

I think the Sims4 should not respect a symbol of the victims' scars as a culture of the country.

In Japanese colonial era, Japan built numerous shrines in Korea and forced Koreans to bow to them.

This is not just Korea's history.

Other Japanese colonies, such as China, share the same pain with Korea.

The forced worship was very humiliating to the people of the time, and it gave them indelible scars.

Even today, shrine worship is a symbol of coercion and oppression for Koreans, and it causes displeasure and anger to them.

Once again, I require EA to eliminate the shrine worship interaction from the 'Snowy Escape' expansion pack.

Thank you.

you know you can just not use the interaction?

there is lot of players that like that feature and want to use it and it's unfair to say "no you can't worship because i don't feel good about worshipping that thing myself"

it would be different if game forced you to use it or sims forced your sim to use it but that isn't what is happening here

also its not like you would travel to japan and go to shrine and tell other people to not worship because you don't feel good about them doing that

some people will worship at shrines and in this world sims like that exist
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    JokubasJokubas Posts: 100 Member
    edited October 2020
    I just saw the announcement and was a little underwhelmed. "Snowy Escape" and people playing around in the snow is perfectly fine, but isn't really my thing and seems more like a Game Pack. Then I actually saw the world stuff and my interest went up considerably. I was just thinking about how I'd like to see a world with a theme closer to this.

I probably won't get this anytime soon (unless I get it as a gift like my last Pack) because I think I need something bigger for how burned out I feel at the moment, but it managed to immediately jump to the top of my Sims wishlist. The name still seems like an odd choice though, and makes it sound a lot more narrow and generic than it is (I know most of them have fairly generic names, but I feel like they get a concept down better).
  • Options
    SambylaSambyla Posts: 31 Member
    edited October 2020
    Okay, but is there split leveling there?

Sieppaa.PNG
    Post edited by Sambyla on
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited October 2020
    So three things stood out to me:
    Snowy-Escape.png
    1. Hiking Trails - Thanks EA for including my request for hiking trails. Though not in Outdoor Retreat I am happy to see another pack that includes camping have hiking trails 🤗
    2. Graveyard - Uh is this a REAL functional grave yard where we can place graves and maybe even find the graves of NPCs who do not die on their lots? 🤔
    3. Mountain Temple - Is this a hint that faith is being added to the game! 🤩

Our other vacation worlds were GPs, so I am very curious why the decision was made to make it an EP - looking forward to the developer walk through to understand why this is an EP.

Overall, dispite some reusing of things that were released in previous packs, kinda happy the simmers stomping for a winter world get a winter vacation spot they can play in. And I am uber excited it is in Asia/Japan.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    Sambyla wrote: »
    Okay, but is there split leveling here?

Sieppaa.PNG

My guess is that the NEW customizable platform system is those two wooden stepped up sections at the fireplace and at the shoe rack. You can see another example in the trailer when they show the tiled shower scene (0:44) and when a house appears out of nothing (1:00). It has an entrance platform leading to the steps.
  • Options
    WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
    awesome cant wait
  • Options
    tamako3tamako3 Posts: 52 Member
    quinhobp>⛩The part of this mark can be seen on the stairs leading to the temples and shrines on the summit. If you look closely at Japanese anime works, you can see that temples and shrines are built in high places, and stone towers with the names of donors surround the stairs.
    People from other countries often mistake it for a grave.

I'm not good at English, so it's automatic translation, I'm sorry if it's hard to understand
  • Options
    To me, it seems as though the graveyard is on the left and does appear to go up a hill with one of those arch entrances. The shrine appears to be near a cave opening in a mountain so, they might be to different locations.