May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Occult Life State Would You Like To See Next As A Game Pack?

I'm personally for witches, they would benefit the most from a GP, maybe even include a wizarding school world.

Please don't mention a supernatural pack though, I know a lot of people would prefer it but that's not the question I'm asking, thank you.

Comments

• Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    As a big True Blood fan I would love fairies and werewolves. But witches would be amazing too. I love all the supernatural things in general :smile: they are so different from normal Sims and that makes them amazing.
  • Options
    Doctor_VikterDoctor_Vikter Posts: 247 Member
    I second the Werewolves. Been itching to have one of my Sims be one for the longest time.
    Really would like better zombies in Sims 4, as well, and the return of witches/fairies/genies.
    sK2U2Wr.png
    Art by Pirate-Cashoo
    ||Steam || Origin: Z0mbie_Cakez ||Art Blog ||
    Editing Tutorial
    SimblrTwitter
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,838 Member
    Witches - my favorite through all the iterations! A close second would be Werewolves.

I love my Supernaturals and Vamps are a must have in all my saves. I never really played Vamps too much in past versions, but TS4 Vamps are far superior. (The same exact circumstance with toddlers for me.)
    If they do as great of a job with Witches and Weres as they did Vamps, they will be amazing. :o
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I want Werewolves.

But knowing Marketing, if you got all that you wanted straight away, you wouldn't keep buying. So I expect Fairies.

Besides, Werewolves in Sims 3 were really shallow. They just got a bit doggy on you from time to time. In the meantime, TWO packs had Vampires.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    edited September 2017
    Witches, for sure! I think it would be really cool if they came in the Seasons pack with witches using elemental based magic. The groundwork for the powers and ranking system are already there with Vampires, so I don't think that it would be so expensive to implement that it would require its own GP (but that's only with my limited knowledge of pack development).

Aside from witches, I'd love to see fairies make a comeback too. I played them a lot in The Sims 3 and I'd like to see what the Gurus would do with them in 4.

(Edit: I missed the "Game Pack" part of the thread title. Whoopsies!)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2017
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    As a big True Blood fan I would love fairies and werewolves. But witches would be amazing too. I love all the supernatural things in general :smile: they are so different from normal Sims and that makes them amazing.

Omg True Blood is the 🐸🐸🐸🐸. :smiley:
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2017
    In order? I think a Werewolves GP, would be the easiest to develop, And it's one of the ones I'm Looking forward to the most. Considering I have my "Werewolf" Sims already created and ready for their story to begin.

Dogs, are evidently are defined now, and I can only imagine Werewolves would be the only life state that could follow the Vampire's Strengths and weaknesses system... Unless they'd do something different which is welcomed.

the Tiers should be:

Omega (Lvl 1)
    Control I - No control of shifts.
    Howl II - sounds like a pathetic yelp for attention, keep practicing!
    Empathy - Elevate Physical/Emotional Pain. A simple touch, and you can absorb Hysteria, Depression, Anger, and Stress. Heal burns faster
    Healing - Werewolves have a higher chance at surviving things like, fires, electrocution, their bodies heals faster. they are immune to all illnesses, and can't feel the emotional effects of Nectar, Alcohol, Brew, or the bubble blower.
    Heightened Senses - These would be life Savers, so you could find Sims who aren't part of your household as long as they're in the neighborhood. Know if a Meal has been poisoned, Such as a Hunter attempting to cure you/Assassinate you with wolfsbane/mistletoe

Beta (Lvl 2)
    Control II - 50% control on nights of Full Moon, 100% Control other nights, 0% during Lunar Eclipse/Harvest Moon.
    Howl II - Better, Looks like the dogs of the neighborhood respect you, at least.
    Wolf Form - (Available if Cats + Dogs EP is installed?) Nothing like "Bat Form" in Vampires. Unlocking this Third Form, Your sim can turn into a full Controllable Literal (Customizable) Wolf.
    Shadow Stalker - I call this shadow wolf, (Kind of like Mist Form + Supernatural Speed Combined, but different). becomes a 3D-ish Ghost-Shadow, they have dark Particles around them (Grim Reaper effects) and they can move about fast.

Alpha (Lvl 3)
    Control III 100% control all nights, including Full moon, 50% control during a Lunar Eclipse/Harvest Moon + Control over your Omegas and Beta's Shifts
    Howl III - Very good, the Wolves in the woods are quaking.
    The Bite - the power to turn a Sim into a werewolf.
    Imbued Claws - the a ability to "Retrieve"/"Bury"/"Dig Up" information within a Sim.
    -Retrieve - Immediately learn their traits, relationships, career, etc.
    -Bury - Make a Sim forget information, their Skills, a Relationship.
    -Dig Up - Undo the "Bury" Interaction helping the Sim remember what they were made to forget.

Delta (Lvl 4)
    Ultimate Control - Gives you complete control during a Lunar Eclipse/Harvest Moon
    "Nemean" Fur - In Greek Myth there was a Lion that had impenetrable Fur to mortal weapons, I Hoped there would be something, Like WereWolf Hunters would have Bows/Cross Bows with silver arrows. Unfortunately that would go against the accursed ratings. but maybe it can work against other things like fires.

Weaknesses:
    Impulsive Canine Disorder (ICD) - This is for the Players who want their Werewolves to behave more Dog/pet-like. Meaning you'll need this Weakness in order for your sim to unlock the "Sniff Inappropriately" Interaction, "Play Fetch," "Roll in trash." I think "Get Belly Rubs" Should be a Relationship Unlock. If you are Good Friends or better, only best/good friends should be able to give those.
    Beast Form - Kind of "Anti-Wolf Form" - beast form Unleashes "The Beast." Loosing all your sim's Humanity, Locking your sim in "Lycan" or "Wolf" form.

the only thing now is Lunar cycles, hoping it's a patch I just hope every night is a different moon phase, at least. it could be random

First night, New Moon
    Second Night, Waxing Crescent
    Third Night, 1st Quarter
    Fourth Night, Waxing Gibbous
    Fifth Night Full Moon
    Sixth Night Waning Crescent
    Seventh Night 4th Quarter
    Eighth Night Waning Gibbous

and then repeat the Lunar Cycle .

I also think ever 2-3 Sim Weeks, the Full Moon should be replaced with a Harvest Moon/Lunar Eclipse. Meaning Werewolves Shifts are more intense, more adrenaline, than it would be on a regular full moon.

As for the World, if there is a world, I'm hoping for Forest Neighborhood. kind of vast, the lots are spaced out, dirt roads,
    mountainous terrain, with wide open lakes. Doesn't get a lot of visitors, because it's a Private Neighborhood.
    each lot is at least 64x64 or Larger. I need a Lot of land, for my sim's estates. especially my werewolves since they'll be the richest/highest of the Aristocrat community.

And then the other life state is... Sorcerers... I won't Write that Summary yet.
    Just change the Life State name to "Sorcerer", instead of "Witch" So I can be happy. And make Hand Magic default, and wands as respectable magic tools.

I'd Say Focus on magic and animations before conjuring a world for them. Not too Keen on the idea "Magic Academy."
    Perhaps I'll be on board knowing that I could Hi-jack the school and turn it into My Grandfather's own private Castle. I have no intentions of sending my sims to a School to learn magic. considering magic is their life, like breathing. my Sorcerer will be a master before he graduates high school.

It's just my beliefs, I wrote my Character, Simself if you will, as A Sorcerer, nothing less, (Yes I'm calling witches, wizards, warlocks, Wiccan, mages, Druids, all of them are not as powerful as Sorcerers in My book! B) )
    I want to see it in Game:
    Mason King
    Life State: "Sorcerer" not "Witch"
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Fairies. But everyone's on the witch train so I'm not expecting them :D
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    guilty as charged. . . I yearn for the return of witches. I dream about it! EA please stop toying with my heart and deliver them to me! after witches, hmm. hard to say. maybe faeries. witches and vampires are my fav occults so anything after those is gravy.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,475 Member
    Mermaids aka a Tropical Pack.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Witches or fairies! I am so looking forward to the worlds that come with them as well. I would love Magictown from sims 1 for witches and a beautiful magical forest for fairies.
  • Options
    Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    edited September 2017
    Witches Witches Witches Witches!!! A magic themed pack would be amazing! With a bit more gothic fashion. Or medieval style, fantasy like fashion. It could be more light hearted, like making magic. They could do so much with the magic system in a game pack. Maybe you would need to find a tome to learn certain spells, or you have to learn certain spells from certain wizards. Or create them in a cauldron like in sims 2. My second would be Fairies. I loved fairies in sims 3. I would love a more fantasy world for them, and once more, a game pack can flesh out they're magic system more. Because theyre more mischivious in lore, maybe their magic would be more illusion and prank based? And finally I'd like to see the return of mermaids. Mermaids in a tropical vacation type pack. But I really want witches.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    None. I don't like occult sims.
    And I feel like all of their supernatural powers would be the same.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    I want werewolves, the way they were in the Sims 2 (more mysterious and random). Also fairies and Mermaids again.
    tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif
  • Options
    blossombombsblossombombs Posts: 92 Member
    Jumping on the bandwagon: I'd love witches! I've built so many witchy homes. :p I'd love a skill tree of potential spellcraft and alchemy and omggg a witch academy. Head Witch aspiration? Okay, I'm going too far.

I'd also love mermaids and an underwater world! I would die. Werewolves would be super fun too!
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    Honestly, after we got vampires, I don't really care if we get another supernatural creature. Vampires were the only thing I really wanted. Which means I may or may not purchase a GP with a new life state, depending on how interesting it sounds.

I think witch is something I'd be most likely to get. Werewolves might be cool, especially if their wolf form was more like an actual wolf and they could do something cool, and not just play fetch. I think the werewolves in TS3 were just too much like funny dogs that looked kind of human. But yes, I might actually get werewolves if they'd managed to make them more interesting this time. Perhaps even more scary, which might not be possible with the rating of this game.

Fairies would be the least interesting to me. But I'm not saying I wouldn't get them for sure, because I believe even they could be made much better than in TS3.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    I think a lot could be done with Witches. I like the direction the team took with Vampires, and again with Parenthood, with the new, more involved systems. Having this love applied to Witches would be great. Just... no morality please. xD
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,209 Member
    While I'll gladly take any supernatural creature they're willing to give us, the only one I really care about and really, really want is the witch.

I've seen people ask for fairies a lot. This might sound stupid, but can someone tell me what exactly the difference is? Both witches and fairies are humanoid creatures with magic powers who can be good or evil, so surely it wouldn't be too difficult to pass off one as the other, no matter what we'll actually get first.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,838 Member
    edited September 2017
    While I'll gladly take any supernatural creature they're willing to give us, the only one I really care about and really, really want is the witch.

I've seen people ask for fairies a lot. This might sound plum, but can someone tell me what exactly the difference is? Both witches and fairies are humanoid creatures with magic powers who can be good or evil, so surely it wouldn't be too difficult to pass off one as the other, no matter what we'll actually get first.

Fairies are winged creatures that are born tricksters.
    Witches are humans that develop their powers via an outside source and sometimes are required to sacrifice something (I'm not referring to necessarily an animal sacrifice) to be given the privilege of said powers. In game, I could see the sacrifice being in the form of weaknesses like the Vamps have.

The powers would be totally different for the two. ;)
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    @Anmirla Oh my! That bat in your signature is adorable as plum!!

What I liked about fairies was that they have wings, which are part of their genetics. They also pull a lot of pranks and are closer to nature. They can be rather tiny and live in a more mystical place.

I would love to see a magic forest type neighborhood for them, where it doesn't get dark at night for long. There is lots of plant live, therefore is super green.
    The fairies themselves have different many different wings in different colors to chose from. They can make themselves as tiny as a spark of light and gain power through the sunlight (the opposite of vampires, they die/wilt when there isn't enough sunshine). They can make friends with plants. They can create fairy dust, which can be used for different spells. Examples for spells: Love spell, Friendship spell, happiness spell, change weather spell (with seasons), give life (give baby), lengthen life (keep from death), heal (from disease).
    They can also pull all kinds of pranks on sims.

I think there is a lot they could do with fairies.
  • Options
    howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    I honestly just really want to be able to have the same fun with supernaturals I did when Makin' Magic was out by the end of TS4, to this day Makin' Magic is my favorite pack.
  • Options
    DonnaSpartacusDonnaSpartacus Posts: 35 Member
    I agree! Makin' Magic is my favourite as well!
    And I'd love to have witches! Especially with a school!
    I just wish for the perfect Mycroftsim *sigh*
    mycroft_640.jpg
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Witches please, I really love witches. :D And maybe mermaids!
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited September 2017
    Gimme my witches back <3
  • Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    Would love Wizards but will settle for witches.