Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Occult Life State Would You Like To See Next As A Game Pack?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    howsimlish wrote: »
    Triplis wrote: »
    I was never all that taken in with the Sylvari in GW2, but I do think it'd be cool to see Plant Sims expanded in greater detail. I feel like they've got potential.

As far as first pick? Honestly, I know the title says Occult, but if we're just talking supernatural abilities, I'd like to see something superhero-themed. I think the framework of the Weaknesses system would go well with superheroes. They have their superpowers and then they could be given one major core weakness, like the standard superhero trope. I like the fact that superheroes are closer in style to realism than most occult types; that they're often themed as being normal, everyday folks, but with superpowers underneath.

I've been asking for this for years I'm glad someone finally agrees, a Superhero pack could be great considering they're really popular right now.
    It could also work really well with the disguises feature used in all the lifestates in game so far, you could make your own costume and pick a name, maybe pick your powers? Stuff like telepathy, flying, super strength. Of course supervillains should be it's own thing too with darker powers and aesthetics.

They could include something like a news career since that's a pretty common superhero trope.

it's also something that would work really well with the club system.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited September 2017
    For me, it's a toss up between mermaids, werewolves and fairies. Not sure how you'd get mermaids to work unless the town was divided in half, like some underwater livable lots (for those who want to play as sea based mermaids i.e no land dwelling) and diving lots and lots on land for human/mermaid sims who want to live on land (I'd like to see a return of houseboats, but I'm not sure how you'd get them to work.) Like maybe during the earlier tiers of the levels they can only live on land while transforming in water deeper than a hottub and as they level up they can eventually move and live in/on underwater lots.
    As for Werewolves, I think @MasonGamer is on the right track to how I'd like to see them behave.
    Faries are a little trickier, personally, I'd like the opportunity to be a fairy without wings, like you can choose to be a fairy in CAS, but you can decide whether or not they have wings. I mean I really did enjoy the wings in TS3, but they were kind of annoying after a while and limited to the types that just got boring after a while. Imho, fairies would be a great opportunity to bring back the colour wheel for sim customisation.
    Edit: I'd also like to see a return of proper plantsims, not just sims with a green skin tone and leafy hair. I want actual plantsims. TS3 plantsims were on the right track, I really don't like the step back they've taken.
    (Sorry if this comment seems a little disjointed, it's been a long day.)
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    For me, it's a toss up between mermaids, werewolves and fairies. Not sure how you'd get mermaids to work unless the town was divided in half, like some underwater livable lots (for those who want to play as sea based mermaids i.e no land dwelling) and diving lots and lots on land for human/mermaid sims who want to live on land (I'd like to see a return of houseboats, but I'm not sure how you'd get them to work.) Like maybe during the earlier tiers of the levels they can only live on land while transforming in water deeper than a hottub and as they level up they can eventually move and live in/on underwater lots.
    As for Werewolves, I think @MasonGamer is on the right track to how I'd like to see them behave.
    Faries are a little trickier, personally, I'd like the opportunity to be a fairy without wings, like you can choose to be a fairy in CAS, but you can decide whether or not they have wings. I mean I really did enjoy the wings in TS3, but they were kind of annoying after a while and limited to the types that just got boring after a while. Imho, fairies would be a great opportunity to bring back the colour wheel for sim customisation.
    Edit: I'd also like to see a return of proper plantsims, not just sims with a green skin tone and leafy hair. I want actual plantsims. TS3 plantsims were on the right track, I really don't like the step back they've taken.
    (Sorry if this comment seems a little disjointed, it's been a long day.)

Thank you,

For mermaids, it would be a lot of routing, I hope.

With an Underwater neighborhood, I hope they can do more than swim along the under sea floor, or at least a "Swim to surface" interaction.

build mode underwater, is what's going to be interesting.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif