The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rumor: Toddlers are coming

Comments

• Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    MrSimmis wrote: »
    Who knows maybe that unannounced Get Together feature is actually toddlers lol.

I'm not seeing how toddlers would really fit the theme -- but that doesn't mean we couldn't get a GP early next year that would feature toddler goodies, with toddlers and basic clothes/hair/objects in a patch or even optional DLC like the Holiday Pack. And future packs could feature more toddler items (hair/clothes/objects) but if you don't have toddlers installed the game would just ignore those items, sort of like how Seasons didn't produce the Weather Stone if you didn't have Supernatural installed. Granted, I don't know if that would be possible with this game's game engine, but it would be a valid solution for those who absolutely hate toddlers and don't want them anywhere near their game while still giving them to those players who really want them.

To be honest this was just a joke and when everyone was getting caught up in the excitement and I would find it hilariously amazing if they just added toddlers to get together under all our noses.
  • Options
    CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    Too bad only the CEO will get to have TS4 toddlers and you guys won't :P
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Aww, shucks. I thought I could almost get away with the chocolate. *gives back to luthienrising* :D

I've been disappointed by the hype way too many times to count. I'm not buying a ticket to this train. It looks like a cute Sims 4 render, similar to the ones a fan made here a few months back (I can't remember the player's username). It's probably just a nice gift to the Wilson family and nothing more.

I'll believe it when toddlers are IN the game. *Starts mixing up the Chex Mix, sets out Myshuno and Don't Wake the LLama, and turns on the stereo*

*mischievously changes station to Kids' Music* B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    PinkmonkeyPinkmonkey Posts: 188 Member
    I'd eat my own panties (with hot sauce!) if they ever get the balls to release toddlers. I can say this because I know they will never come. This game is the equivalent of The Sims 1.5 and I have to come to terms with that. If I want a full sims experience I'll just have to play 2 or 3. :'(
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Me during this thread.
    giphy.gif
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    Unbelievable. The reactions of some here are unbelievable. They are people same as us. They have a right to have a little fun.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Whether this was a render for the CEO's family or not. I still believe it means toddlers are being worked on. I mean, surely even EA/Maxis isn't selfish enough to let something like that slip out without it, at least eventually, being a possibility for everyone (having a toddler in the family).

Okay, yes, I hear the delusion in my own statement, but that is what I'm going with. I've given them 15 years of dedication. Surely they aren't dumb enough to not give us toddlers, eventually. Right?
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Unbelievable. The reactions of some here are unbelievable. They are people same as us. They have a right to have a little fun.

Then throw a party during the weekend they love those, but don't post a render that will cause ppl to react.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    it may be an age i do not use much but i do find it has it use when creating a family and went a younger sibling in the family i create and also i am happy for those that wanted toddlers back and i do hope you get them by chrismas since it would be a nice chrismas present to all simmers that went that age back

I don't really see toddlers coming this year -- but maybe by spring of next year, either in a GP or the next EP (which could come in March or April if a different team is working on that one than the one working on GT).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    So is the OP going to change the title from toddlers are coming to toddlers may be coming now?
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member

I'm with ya Selah!
    Burrito baby was the first tip off and the reason I didn't even remotely take it seriously.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    So this was just a miss understanding?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    lyndsay.png

Kind of what I expected, this was a gift to the CEO not a hint.
  • Options
    jujuwahjujuwah Posts: 96 Member
    edited October 2015
    i don't need to see this to know that toddlers are coming they are coming but after 10 years anywho this kid is too cute she reminds me of inside out for some reason
    tumblr_o45xj6Y6ew1tkowr1o3_1280.jpg
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Analogy:

Me: "Hey is this a burger? Does that mean we'll be getting burgers now?

Panera Bread:"It's a unique piece of art dedicated to out ceo's obession with cows."

Me: "YES OR NO IT'S THAT SIMPLE"

You owe me a new pair of underwear... D:
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    edited October 2015
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    dmel15 wrote: »
    WORST developer team ever. What was the need of the toddler when they know ppl have been asking for them for a year.

Pathetic team.

Because maybe the family has a toddler? The picture was made to be the family as Sims, so if they have a toddler, then they are obviously going to put a toddler in the render.

There is no need to mix their personal life with their so called professional one.

Have you worked in an office? Gifts at happy personal-life occasions are a normal thing, alongside things like group donations when someone close to a colleague dies. Complete separation of personal life and work life isn't a good recipe for healthy life. You're one person, all the time, and so are the people you work with. You spend a lot of your time together, working toward a common goal; it's normal and healthy to care about each other as people, not just working bodies.

I think I'll go read the instructions on the card game my husband's boss gave him today now, and check the calendar to see if we can get to the neighbouring company's owner's annual charity gala, and check Twitter to see if my client has had her baby yet. All are wonderful things, and they enrich our work lives. EDIT: Nope, no baby yet!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Wow, the amount of emotions I just went through in the last few minutes.

Looked at the thread and saw "TODDLERS ARE COMING" and just thought "meh, probably another troll". Opened the thread, saw the picture and I literally squealed. Then started reading the posts and my excitement started to go down until I saw Lyndsay's tweet aaaand disappointment. Yeah, I don't know. But it does seem strange that they would create a toddler just for the render. Hmmm, something's fishy...

I will say this though. That is the CUTEST toddler I have ever seen! If TS4's toddlers will be like that, I will melt. I honestly just want to cry right now because we could have those cuties in our games right now if only.... sigh.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    WORST developer team ever. What was the need of the toddler when they know ppl have been asking for them for a year.

Pathetic team.

Because maybe the family has a toddler? The picture was made to be the family as Sims, so if they have a toddler, then they are obviously going to put a toddler in the render.

There is no need to mix their personal life with their so called professional one.

Have you worked in an office? Gifts at happy personal-life occasions are a normal thing, alongside things like group donations when someone close to a colleague dies. Complete separation of personal life and work life isn't a good recipe for healthy life. You're one person, all the time, and so are the people you work with. You spend a lot of your time together, working toward a common goal; it's normal and healthy to care about each other as people, not just working bodies.

I think I'll go read the instructions on the card game my husband's boss gave him today now, and check the calendar to see if we can get to the neighbouring company's owner's annual charity gala, and check Twitter to see if my client has had her baby yet. All are wonderful things, and they enrich our work lives.

I gift toys, flowers, useful things for a mother.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member

Pathetic team.

I think I'll go read the instructions on the card game my husband's boss gave him today now, and check the calendar to see if we can get to the neighbouring company's owner's annual charity gala, and check Twitter to see if my client has had her baby yet. All are wonderful things, and they enrich our work lives.

I gift toys, flowers, useful things for a mother.

That's your choice. Sometimes more personalized things are awfully nice to get too. Especially when it's a second child.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    :'( This is cruel. But congrats on the CEO for the new addition to his family. I heard he had a toddler kid, so why I have been hoping Sims 4 would get them patched in. Oh well, cute render anyways.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Darkling wrote: »
    My thoughts on this thread: What you see isn't always what you get!

Surprise_zps4dkekogn.gif

:D

Where'd you get that video of me? :o
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top