Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you unlock all the CAS content ?

Hi,

By default there are many items not visible in CAS. Do you unlock everything ?

Do you unlock all the CAS content ? 114 votes

Yes
17%
bshag4lvLeGardePourpreFlashMarkertaydevFinvolaHarukotyanAmaraRenaMissmagoo2snoepjes1210EnkiSchmidtKyreRoenRedShoe7Pamtastic72ZiafarBusufuSAEldarinSimDestroyerdominoes007VeeDubRepulsive_Parfait_16 20 votes
No
50%
crocobauraMstybl95alexspoom13AlexaiSikoahGraceStormkeepMi9shaoscarTheSpotted_CelanorbretonCaitxcatinvisiblgirlsimgirl1010loubyloulougoodcakebaker62sekojranamitchiebanjoladybreidemereSweetieWright_84benson2006 57 votes
Only when I need something
32%
GalacticGalSimmervilleOmri147MelisendreMariefoxprice83Amj1995greydonnSimplyJenKironidephantasmkissDaravihalloweenchildLadyKynbixtersEmmaVaneCAPTAIN_NXR7cynciefiercephoenix91MDianaSimsBlueR0se 37 votes

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    No
    Only through gameplay. I like how it keeps some things special and specific to only certain sims.

I used to use the mod that makes them all unlocked by default, for the first few years of playing the game, because it used to bother me that it was a per-household rather than a per-save game unlock. I removed the mod back in like 2018 in favor of actually having to earn the unlocks though, after coming to appreciate how per-household unlocks help to make each household more unique.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited January 2022
    Yes
    I prefer when everything is available.

For example I use the masks for the Party outfit or the chain necklace/bracelet for the casual outfit.

r2232e5kbtq2.jpgf7ykyg3bnrt1.jpg
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    No
    If I want to use it. I have to play for it :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    Yes
    I do It because I like doing it
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    No
    I unlock build-buy regularly, but there aren't any locked items in CAS that I particularly want.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    No
    I unlocked some a couple of times with the cheat but I tend to forget what CAS items are locked (and the cheat :) )so I don't bother unlocking them. Would be nice to have a toggle button to unlock stuff easily.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    I try to but only because I really hate having that ''new items'' thingy when there ain't even new items
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2022
    The only sim I might unlock them all for are sims in the Stylist career. I figure they would have the fashion world contacts to have access to whatever they want.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    No
    No. I like getting new outfits as the Sim levels up in their career.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    No
    Only by playing.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    Depends on the sims. Some have to actually unlock everything. But for others I want all the assets in the game to be available right away.
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    No
    Guess I've been more or less oblivious to them. The majority of the work uniforms I can't wait to change my sim out of when they get home.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    No
    No, just because I don't put all that much thought into CAS fashions and whatnot. Much like myself IRL, once they find an outfit they can wear regularly, that's problem solved.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    No
    No. Too bad there isn’t a toggle to unlock outfits. I most likely would if it was easy. I did download some outfits via the galley, because I wanted the fishing and plumber outfit for one of my sims. And also downloaded some maids for their outfits and skills.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    No
    JustMeAlb wrote: »
    Guess I've been more or less oblivious to them. The majority of the work uniforms I can't wait to change my sim out of when they get home.

Depending on what packs you own, there are a lot more than just work uniforms which are locked. City Living has the festival t-shirts and hats, Snowy Escape has the cold weather outfits, Get Together has several bracelets and some other things (club wear), Nifty Knitting has sweaters and socks and beanies all locked...and there's more. Quite a bit more.
  • Options
    jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    edited January 2022
    No
    I want my sims to experience buying them or making them instead. I would actually want some kind of a clothing store/boutique in the game.
  • Options
    No
    I want my sims to experience buying them or making them instead. I would actually want some kind of a clothing store/boutique in the game.

Same here! I really wish everything but the outfits the Sim starts with were locked until you went to a store and bought more outfits.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    No
    Bit of a faff, but you could create a save where you cheat them all available. Make some clothes shops, save to library and then place in a played save.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Yes
    Cause I'm too lazy to get them by playing. o:)
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    JustMeAlb wrote: »

Depending on what packs you own, there are a lot more than just work uniforms which are locked. City Living has the festival t-shirts and hats, Snowy Escape has the cold weather outfits, Get Together has several bracelets and some other things (club wear), Nifty Knitting has sweaters and socks and beanies all locked...and there's more. Quite a bit more.

What I like is the fact that there is a cheat to unlock the outfits of some of the more recent packs. Though it would be nice if we could do this for all packs. So far I have used it for nifty knitting, batuu and paranormal stuff.
    Nifty knitting : cas.unlockbytag SP17
    Paranormal : cas. unlockbytag SP18
    Batuu: cas. unlockbytag GP09
    Dream home decorator: cas. unlockbytag GP10
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited January 2022
    Stormkeep wrote: »

Same here! I really wish everything but the outfits the Sim starts with were locked until you went to a store and bought more outfits.

Just like Sims 2. Occasionally I miss that. The clothing shops you can have via GTW would be much more useful if the sims always had to buy their extra outfits

I would also prefer it if we had indoor wear vs outerwear. I did the trial for Snowy Escape and one of the things I liked about that pack was the option to remove shoes indoors. If we had the option to remove coats and hats indoors I'd be all for it. I'm sure that's how Sims 2 did it. Ideally I'd want sims to have indoor clothes such as jumpers and jeans indoors, and then coats, hats, gloves etc for outside, especially in the winter or when it's raining. Likewise, in the summer sims could wear hats and sunglasses outdoors in the sun, and take them off indoors. Or...they could even have transitions lenses like me, which react to the sunlight.
    Post edited by Mariefoxprice83 on
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    No
    @Mariafoxprice83, I read your comment and was momentarily confused as to what you have against cats. I mean, taking off hats indoors I understand, that was a rule of my grandmother and my father. But the poor Kitties??
    Then I realized it's a typo, and you meant caps. But seriously, I did not realize it very quickly.
    If we had the option to remove cats and hats indoors I'd be all for it.

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    Yes
    I also like to use the career outfits for the clubs, restaurants, retail lots or just as a casual outfit.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    Yes
    Yes, of course. I never got the reasoning behind locking something behind gameplay. If I think an outfit wouldn't be available to the general public, then I just don't use it. And just because none of my played sims has, for example, topped the science career, how would the game know if maybe one of my npcs is a top level scientist and therefore has the rights to an outfit?

The game should just keep to the actual game mechanics, and leave the laws and the lore to the player. At the very least they should make all locked outfits visible like the Batuu ones, so that we know they exist.
  • Options
    PlumbobiPlumbobi Posts: 95 Member
    Every once in a while there'll be something in CAS that I need for a sim, but otherwise, I just work with what's available.