Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think dimensions is scenerios?

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
It was said that dimensions was coming to TS4. A lot of simmers on Twitter think it's scenarios. I think of dimensions as sims personalities and or story progression.

Scenarios are optional and sometimes limited.

Comments

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited November 2021
    I don't remember the text, so my interpretation might be completely wrong.
    I think Scenarios are the "Unlock new ways to play".
    I think that they will add a part of lore before this year is over and that will be considered the dimensions. I think they will add the lore in multiple updates. They will give is some in the next one, then maybe in a couple of months etc etc.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I agree with @DoloresGrey . I think Scenarios are the "Unlock new ways to play". The dimension must be the next base game update advertised for this season imo.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I was hoping they mean adding dimension to babies.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited November 2021
    I agree with Dolores, there should be one update left.

"customize your space with color" was probably the 1200 new color variants to 149 build items update
    "new ways to play" sounds like scenarios
    so that leaves "dimension to your sims' lives" left

Here is the picture they posted Sep 20 on twitter:

E_vnZt2XEAELmOd?format=jpg&name=large
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited November 2021
    Well I don't really think scenarios add dimension to my sims lives so... i hope thats not it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I agree we have another update coming .
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    It was confirmed in the Inside Maxis livestream that Scenarios cover the 'unlock new ways to play' part of the roadmap (50:02 in the video below). There's one update left that should cover the 'add dimensions to our Sims' lives' part :)

https://youtu.be/TYEIg0Sq6KM?t=3002
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Yeah I was abt to say that simguruduck confirmed that scenarios was "unlock new ways to play"
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    We should know what dimensions are next week or the following week. There is a Maxis Monthly coming before the update.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I hope that adding dimensions means at least something like adding options to customize the ceilings.
    This would literally add a new dimension to my game. The dimension of looking up without having to feel those waves of frustration I’ve been feeling for the past 7 hrs.

Or adding new dimensions to my sim’s physical appearance. Something like a body hair menu, if I were to randomly pick a feature…

Cars would add a new dimension. The dimension of sitting in it and driving it, not just staring at a decoration or an ambient vehicle.

Inter dimensional space travel. Cool. I suppose we can sort of do that already with teleportations and loading screens. CAW would be nice though.

Anything could refer to new dimensions really, but I have a feeling it will be a feature that allows us to play with or in world space differently.
    I’m curious and it should be something substantial given that the year has been rather quiet when it comes to big and interesting content.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited November 2021
    Dimension ? Is it a matter of size ? Something can be resized ? Sims height ?

I don't think it's about gameplay depth.

But if it's not "size", it could be about disability.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Dimension ? Is it a matter of size ? Something can be resized ? Sims height ?

I don't think it's about gameplay depth.

But if it's not "size", it could be about disability.

I think it would be something live mode related.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Am I imagining things or lore update for existing families supposed to come till the end of this year? If so this would probably count for dimensions.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited November 2021

Cars would add a new dimension. The dimension of sitting in it and driving it, not just staring at a decoration or an ambient vehicle.

I don't think it's cars, but when I bought my first car in real life it definitely added more dimensions to my life. Now I could travel anywhere I wanted much easier and visit places that took much longer for me to visit before. It was also easier for me to find jobs.

But my guess is either likes/dislikes update (because a modder have found mentions of that in the code), spiral staircases (there is a possible hint for that in Cottage Living) or build mode update which makes it easier to resize and move objects (based on a screenshot from the Blooming Rooms kit where they have resized and moved a lot of objects, which is kinda unusual for promotional screenshots).
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    I'm rather excited to see how they will cover all of Dimension AND the duck and the bottle of Nectar/Oil in one patch upgrade. Is it too early to bring out the popcorn?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think we're not getting any more updates.

But maybe I'm just depressed at what EA's been turning out lately.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited November 2021
    "add dimension to your Sims' lives" is not add "new" dimension.

An existing feature could be updated.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Maybe a smaller cupcake machine, one that can be used in the kitchen. It'll give dimension to sims's lives 😄
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Maybe new dimensions adds one or two additional floor levels to build on? Or perhaps a new free world to explore.

But those are optimistic speculations. It might just as well be something really dull.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited November 2021
    It could also mean adding...
    this type of dimension
    1564720746_dimensions-1.png

more detail? in something?
    honestly i kind of fail to see what anything they put out this month has to do with selves so perhaps cas related update?

still wish we were talking about aliens or something tho
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Loanet wrote: »
    I think we're not getting any more updates.

But maybe I'm just depressed at what EA's been turning out lately.

The update is November 30th. One thing it will add we know of is those industrial windows everyone has been begging for.
  • Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    edited November 2021
    Simmingal wrote: »
    It could also mean adding...
    this type of dimension
    1564720746_dimensions-1.png

more detail? in something?
    honestly i kind of fail to see what anything they put out this month has to do with selves so perhaps cas related update?

still wish we were talking about aliens or something tho

Don't expect so much on EA...
    I just think about if they're going to give us another type of future cube...
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I think it’s one of those teasers that sounds like it’ll be cool but really doesn’t do much for me. I was wondering about spiral staircases, not just because of the one in Cottage Living but also because the mandela has that kind of vibe. But I’m prepared for it to be nothing of any importance. I dunno, some of the updates are so good and yet many others are so lame. I’m managing my expectations.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    I think freeing the baby will be a good way to add dimension. It would also be done in a patch. Not saying I need that kind of dimension, as I hardly ever play babies, but perhaps some adjustments would make it a tad more interesting playing them? Like if the baby can be carried around the room/house, or even join the family in the garden.

(I already wonder how my chicken will interact with a baby... :smiley: ) )
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg