Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Comments

• Options
    Simcity_TrainsSimcity_Trains Posts: 107 Member
    No, I'm going to stay with Maxis and wait to buy TS5 or whatever their new AAA game will be
    I want it on disc
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    @DanmanNefarius Your cynicism is noted and rewarded with a finely crafted, hand-made thumbs up. : )
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2021
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    I really don't understand EA/Maxis anymore. They don't talk about their upcoming games like other companies. They don't show any sneak peeks into what they are doing like other companies. They are so afraid someone will steal their ideas. But really who out here is building any life simulator other than maybe Paralives that would even slightly resemble a Sim game? They could get a lot more love and respect if they would open up and let their devoted fans of twenty years have a little insight into what they do or are doing. Some of us enjoy the tech stuff and want to know how things are done. Some don't. But it wouldn't hurt Maxis or EA to lighten up a little and show their consumers how they do stuff, why they do it that way, and what is possible in a future game. At this point Paralives is winning the PR war.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I really don't understand EA/Maxis anymore. They don't talk about their upcoming games like other companies. They don't show any sneak peeks into what they are doing like other companies. They are so afraid someone will steal their ideas. But really who out here is building any life simulator other than maybe Paralives that would even slightly resemble a Sim game? They could get a lot more love and respect if they would open up and let their devoted fans of twenty years have a little insight into what they do or are doing. Some of us enjoy the tech stuff and want to know how things are done. Some don't. But it wouldn't hurt Maxis or EA to lighten up a little and show their consumers how they do stuff, why they do it that way, and what is possible in a future game. At this point Paralives is winning the PR war.

Yeah, we would get these developer diaries back in the day and have lots of previews on upcoming content. And now they're so tightlipped. Maybe it's because TS4 was a PR disaster on launch. But I think they got the wrong takeaway. Instead of shutting up about upcoming content, why not just make your new stuff not awful so that people would actually get excited and not mad that the base game has no pools or toddlers?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I'm going to buy Paralives the minute it drops.

Two reasons...official mod support and them asking what we want and them trying to implement it.

Plus there is a lot being included in the base game that I thought should have been included in the base game for sims 2, 3, and 4.
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    StuffyMarx wrote: »
    @DanmanNefarius Your cynicism is noted and rewarded with a finely crafted, hand-made thumbs up. : )

@StuffyMarx it's not cynicism my friend... it is just the sad truth. big game companies like EA and Activision-Blizzard were once great before their greed got the better of them and greedy worms like Andrew Wilson, Strauss Zelnick and Bobby Kotick took over and turned games into MTX infested cashgrabs just to line their own greedy pockets.
  • Options
    SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Other

I think some of it is fear that people will slow down purchasing additional TS4 packs if they get any solid confirmation about TS5. That fear is unfounded, because from what I can tell, people are going to purchase TS4 pacts no matter what. I think another part is lack of confidence or clarity in what Corporate is probably asking for, versus what the Maxis team is capable of delivering. I will be equally unsurprised if we get another TS4 last minute switch fiasco, or if TS5 gets dragged out for a while, with EA/Maxis trying to figure out how to build a team to implement the mmo-ish thing that is being rumored. One last part is probably dictates from EA to its developers to not say much of anything about anything, after the disasters they've had with high profile marketing promotion of some of their recent failed blockbusters, especially from Bioware.
  • Options
    SimSpock wrote: »
    One last part is probably dictates from EA to its developers to not say much of anything about anything, after the disasters they've had with high profile marketing promotion of some of their recent failed blockbusters, especially from Bioware.

yeah except they keep making the same mistakes over and over: they keep implementing scummy monetization like lootboxes and pay2win nonsense and they keep forcing the free to play mobile game inspired online games onto people even though everyone is fed up with these atm. lack of transparancy is the DUMBEST idea EA could ever come up with to try and fix their bad rep atm since people are angry at their endless greedy antics and nothing else.

• Options
    ButterWafflesARButterWafflesAR Posts: 113 Member
    Other
    I didn't know of Paralives until reading this post. I quickly looked it up soon after reading this.
    I don't know if I would buy Paralives and or Sims 5 when either of them come out.
    Especially sims 5. Depending on when it comes out, it may be years before I play it, let alone buy it.
    I am one of those "Late/Last person to the party" types. It takes me years before I play the new games. It's due to because I just got into a game series, I don't want to jump into a new one right away. Example, when I finally played the sims 2, I didn't even try the sims 3 for years after it came out. And then I played the sims 3, same thing happen. It was years before I played the sims 4. I just now started getting into sims 4 a few months ago. ^^;;
    Paralives looks interesting, but I know how I am with games. I know just from looking at gameplays if I would get board with a game or not, so I would have to wait till others play it first before I can make my judgement. Sims 5? Like I said, might be years before I buy it, depending on when it comes out, if it comes out. X3
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
  • Options
    Other
    > @Sallycutecat said:
    > I'm interested in Paralives for the build. I like that we will be able to stretch objects to the size we want and the way they're doing the split level option looks interesting. I also like that we will be able to make our own custom lot shapes and sizes. I need to see their roof and landscaping tools before I can make a decision on whether I will get the game or not. If it offers exactly what I am looking for then I will get it.
    >
    > I'm quite happy with Sims 4 so if a Sims 5 comes out it will have to have something amazing for me to get it. I'm having too much fun with Island Living and Snowy Escape to give that up for a Sims 5. At this point nothing has been confirmed about a Sims 5. I probably won't get it though and if I do it won't be at release. I don't see any need to when I can just keep playing Sims 4.
    >
    > Either game I won't be getting as soon as they're released. If I do decide to get Paralives I will still play Sims. At the moment I'll probably have Paralives for building and Sims 4 for gameplay.

Everything you said here, I agree with fully. I just recently got into sims 4 a few months ago and I am really happy with everything. I am enjoying it way too much. Not to mention, if sims 5 is a real thing to come, I feel like sims 4 is still unfinished (meaning there are still stuff that could be added like horses and werewolves and other stuff) that I don't think they should be planning on another sims just yet.
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited July 2021
    I didn't know of Paralives until reading this post. I quickly looked it up soon after reading this.
    I don't know if I would buy Paralives and or Sims 5 when either of them come out.
    Especially sims 5. Depending on when it comes out, it may be years before I play it, let alone buy it.
    I am one of those "Late/Last person to the party" types. It takes me years before I play the new games. It's due to because I just got into a game series, I don't want to jump into a new one right away. Example, when I finally played the sims 2, I didn't even try the sims 3 for years after it came out. And then I played the sims 3, same thing happen. It was years before I played the sims 4. I just now started getting into sims 4 a few months ago. ^^;;
    Paralives looks interesting, but I know how I am with games. I know just from looking at gameplays if I would get board with a game or not, so I would have to wait till others play it first before I can make my judgement. Sims 5? Like I said, might be years before I buy it, depending on when it comes out, if it comes out. X3

I'm not buying both at the same time.
    Definitely getting Paralives first. I want to try it.

Getting Sims 5 will depend on how they're going to manage the patching. The current system is crazy. :s
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    If Paralives looks interesting enough to me by the time it's released I'll get it no problem.
    If and when Sims 5 comes out and it looks interesting to me I'll be getting it no problem.
    If I end up exploring 3 or 4 different simulators at the same time that's no problem either.

If nothing is being released...I just play with what I have. No Problem.

I love your mindset! :)

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Getting Sims 5 will depend on how they're going to manage the patching. The current system is crazy. :s

it will be the same. never expect improvement when EA is involved, only more money squeezing efforts

• Options
    edited July 2021

I'm not buying both at the same time.
    Definitely getting Paralives first. I want to try it.

I'm guessing TS5 will have Live Service because one of the positions for Maxis new AAA game it was advertised they were looking for someone with experience in that field. This was about three or four years ago when I first saw some openings for the new AAA game.

To me, Live Service doesn't mean updates for free content etc. but Buy now, Fix it Later. I really dislike live service games. Do it right the first time should be the motto.

And I really dislike buying a game and finding out later they change stuff I liked in that game and it isn't the same as when first purchased. That is TS4's problem, there were features people liked only to be patched out later and or changed to be less impressive etc. I really can't stand wishy/washy decisions. If they do something then leave it the way it was, and stand by what they did, and stop caving to everyone. Like changing the name of some emotions, or changing some trait perks to be less than what they were before. A game that is always changing at it's core is not a good thing in my opinion. 2+2 is 4, leave it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Other
    at this point I'm sadly more willing to take a chance on some newbies than The Sims team.

don't blame the sims team for this though buddy.. blame the greedy filth at the top of the EA corporate pyramid like Andrew Wilson. they make the calls after all to focus more on new packs to sell instead of actually make the game work properly. i am 100% sure the sims team themselves rather work on the flaws of the game as well, but they answer to the greedy executives in the end, and executives only care about one thing: money money money

Nah, The Sims team gets some of if not equal the blame in my book too. Not every single decision down to a T is made by the top people at EA. There are producers, managers, execs, seniors, and presidents under Maxis too. Some decisions were and are entirely Maxis made and any praise or criticism for them should lie right at their feet. I don’t think that Andrew Wilson or any other top head in EA was sitting there in the room making the call on doghouses, a cartoon art style sims who look like parts of them are covered in saran wrap with shiny block hair and over-exagerated facial expressions, emotions over toddlers, Strangerville, and only three personality traits. That was all Maxis. To be fair, I don't think EA heads were in the room making the call on the click and pull system of CAS, a better build mode, The Gallery, the calendar, or what are widely considered to be the best toddlers and vampires in The Sims series. That was Maxis too.

The way some members of The Sims team have spoken in more detail about how they function and operate and what can and can’t be done because of X, Y, Z has given me reason to believe that it’s not just an EA problem but a Maxis, Sims Studio problem as well. I'm not saying EA provides them with an abundance of resources but I have wondered many times if they made good choices for the game and players with their resources sometimes. Some of the stuff they've done and been doing, EA wasn’t dragging them kicking and screaming to do it and it wasn't that they felt they had no other choice so they just hung their heads and did as they were told. Maxis did it themselves. And they both benifited greatly if the profits they've made so far are anything to go by, so why would either care to try and do better until there's some great fallout like the one over skintones? EA isn't faultless in this, but neither is The Sims team. They're both the reason I've been disappointed in The Sims franchise.

I'm not expecting 100% of what I want, never have and never will. What I do expect is for a successor game, especially with a number 2 or higher on the end of its title, to naturally progress and get better. To be innovative and not sacrifice parts for other parts and release half done content with the intent to fix it later when they have a long history of in fact not fixing things later. And I do expect the creators to fix things. Well actually, I don't even know if I can say I do expect all of that because while it shouldn't be an issue I don't even expect that from them anymore. It's more like hoping to the heavens they do it but expecting them not to. I blame EA more for that than I do Maxis, but what Maxis does with what it's given is their thing and they decided MFP, JtB, and at least 3 packs with generally the same theme of eco friendliness to name a few.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    MiraRoseBlackMiraRoseBlack Posts: 17 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    I'm excited for Paralives but I'm still looking forward to Sims 5 as well and will probably end up supporting them both, especially if the base games for both exceed expectations.
  • Options
    Other
    I won't lie, the building aspect of Paralives does intrigue me.
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2021

What they work on is very impressive, it is why I knew I would keep up with what they might do next or show next, but as time goes by I really want to see some live animations once they get around to finishing at least something. So far, very, very, very few updates about that.
  • Options
    SimplyBreaSimplyBrea Posts: 145 Member

What they work on is very impressive, it is why I knew I would keep up with what they might do next or show next, but as time goes by I really want to see some live animations once they get around to finishing at least something. So far, very, very, very few updates about that.

If you are a patron, they have released an exclusive sneak peek on live animations which is awesome! The paras with each update are looking better and better.
  • Options
    LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    Other
    While I don't much like how the Sims have evolved S4 is the best of the franchise. That said there is no way in any universe that I will ever play another MMOG ever again. Been there done that you think there is drama of twitter and facebook just think of that in real time with a real person controlling the Sim. Guys trying to get with you etc.
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • Options
    SimplyBrea wrote: »

If you are a patron, they have released an exclusive sneak peek on live animations which is awesome! The paras with each update are looking better and better.

Is it recent, because I must have missed it.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Loucifer wrote: »
    While I don't much like how the Sims have evolved S4 is the best of the franchise. That said there is no way in any universe that I will ever play another MMOG ever again. Been there done that you think there is drama of twitter and facebook just think of that in real time with a real person controlling the Sim. Guys trying to get with you etc.

ugh i didn't even think about that hahaha i was too busy being worried about all the scummy monetization EA will be planning to shove down our throats if they turn this series into a full priced mobile F2P knockoff like they did with so many other franchises... but yeah the annoying players and creepers... ohh well that's what a blacklist is for ^_^ it actually adds some realism since these weird individuals also exist in real life. experienced these kind of individuals when i played WoW :p it is kinda weird but they are harmless as long as you don't share any personal info with anyone you don't know irl
    Post edited by DanmanNefarius on
  • Options
    SimplyBreaSimplyBrea Posts: 145 Member

Yes they released it early morning yesterday. It should’ve sent to your email to notify you.

• Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Loucifer wrote: »

ugh i didn't even think about that hahaha i was too busy being worried about all the scummy monetization EA will be planning to shove down our throats if they turn this series into a full priced mobile F2P knockoff like they did with so many other franchises... but yeah the annoying players and creepers... ohh well that's what a blacklist is for ^_^ it actually adds some realism since these weird individuals also exist in real life. experienced these kind of individuals when i played WoW :p it is kinda weird but they are harmless as long as you don't share any personal info with anyone you don't know irl

EA is very weak when it comes to keeping their online games clean and hack-free. Did you know that one of their online games got hacked to the point that it's unplayable? And they still keep selling it! The video below explains about Titanfall, how a player was rejected and became the game's #1 nemesis. He became a hacker and was so successful at it that no one can get into any online game and is now hacking the next iteration, Titanfall 2, which is also becoming difficult to enter online as well. And did you know that the Titanfall fans have gotten so desperate that some of the actually hacked Apex Legends on July 4th? Oh and did I mention that the game studio that made it, Respawn (yes the same devs for Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order) have not done much to fix Titanfall & 2? They say they have 1 or 2 people working on it, but if they have, the hacker just hacks it again.

The Community Torn Apart by Hackers - Apex Legends and Titanfall
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SelLvxQ0vsE

Titanfall Players Rebel Against EA & Respawn By Hacking Apex Legends To Protest Lack Of Fixes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi6LgFbl-Ag

Titanfall Fans Dismayed, EA & Respawn Only Have 1 to 2 Devs Fixing TF 1 & 2 Hacks & DDOS Attacks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9X58narltY

So, it just seems very easy to me for hackers to come in and destroy an EA online game! So on top of all the microtransactions, we would have to worry about hackers as well!

• Options
    edited August 2021

Yes they released it early morning yesterday. It should’ve sent to your email to notify you.

Thank you! I will check it out! Hopefully, it will make me hopeful again. :)

ETA: Ok, wow! I can't wait for them to share this video with the public! Those are some smooth animations which is my favorite thing about how games are built. I hope everyone over there votes to see more animations as they progress, we need to see more! :D
    Post edited by Cinebar on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top